It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I gave away my old subs to a "friend" which ended up with me getting a felony. I am now on probation for a couple years and the only way I will stay out of jail is if I don't relapse. Sub helped me tremendously before but I got off to early. I now am going to see another doctor about getting put on suboxone, will my p.o. whom I haven't met allow me to be on sub. Considering my charge stems from sub. I really am going to be honest about it and I really want to turn my life around

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:13 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Oh, man, that really sucks. You gotta be careful about your friends-
but you know this now!

I just hope that your P.O. lets you go back on sub, so that you can get your life
back together- if that is what you want, which it seems to be.

Good luck!

-ex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:34 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I would think and hope your able to take subs while on probation. It problably will depend on your state laws and officer.
:wink: The price we have to pay sometimes helping a friend out sucks but hopefully you can turn it around and get your life back.

Good luck
Mel

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Old Saying
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:05 pm 

"No good deed goes unpunished" Ain't it the truth.

My Sub doc was very clear with me on the first appt. to not let any pills get out of my control. He said there is a huge black market for it out there and it is closely monitored. Now we have the films with serial numbers on the package that will show its trail.

What I don't understand is why there is such a large demand for it on the street? Heroin addicts taking it to prevent w/d's? Non addicts using it to get high? Who would want a partial agonist instead of the real deal? And we read here all the time about people using Sub w/o seeing a doctor. Is it that easy to buy out there?

Inquiring minds want to know.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:32 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I've asked myself that too!!! why is the demand for suboxone so high!! Mybe because it keeps you out of wd's if sure no buzz for me. At first it gave me entergy but now mello. I dont know why people pay big bucks for it if not maintiance. A guy at one of my dr appt said he paid $25 a film

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:42 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

meltalk wrote:
I've asked myself that too!!! why is the demand for suboxone so high!! Mybe because it keeps you out of wd's if sure no buzz for me. At first it gave me entergy but now mello. I dont know why people pay big bucks for it if not maintiance. A guy at one of my dr appt said he paid $25 a film

I believe that ppl pay big bucks for sub because, mostly, it keeps you outta w/d...
I am in w/d right now, and I would not hesitate to drop a twenty spot or so to get
my ass outta w/d, to be perfectly honest.

However, when it comes to selling it or giving it away-there are just way too many snitches around-
and you just gotta cover your ass- because they sure don't care about it.

-ex-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:16 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ex, I think your right I would also drop a $ 20 to stay out of withdraw, Oh hell I dropped lots of $20. in my day. Too many that care to think about,damn I could have bought a house I'm sure SAD but TRUE,,

I really wish you comfort Ex I hope the worst is over for you and better days ahead.
Mel :wink:

Post subject: sucks
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:15 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

man that sucks...be careful about that shit...have you been formally charged yet? convicted?.... check the laws in whatever state you're in

Post subject: $20 a piece
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:24 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

first of all, that couldn't have been a close friend..about subs and street price. In my neck of the woods, they go for a twenty spot too...addicts get high on agonist and when they run out= they will snort half a sub

most Docs give 3 (8mgs) pills/ day...people( that are not serious about recovery) will stock- pile and sell the rest. It makes the Dr. visits much more feasible to offset the cost in that manner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:25 am 
Here they use Subs to stay out of w/ds during "droughts" and if/when they gotta go give "johnny law" some of the "golden yellow"...

They used to be $10 a pill back in 2008...
One day... after daily dosing a group of patients who had just finished their mandatory daily group therapy... I went out to my car to get my lunch. While out at my car... the hair stood up on the back of my neck. I stood there for minute and recognized something from my childhood and teen yrs in the inner-city projects after I looked around and seen that just about all but maybe 2 of the 14 patients in that group that I had just dosed... were ACTIVELY selling their subs in the parking lot of the damned clinic...!!!

Thing was... there was already a steadly growing group of anti-sub proponents claiming that their community problems stemmed from the diversion of Buprenorpine. They clearly blamed their community ills on the "growing orchid of oranges" and were actively pushing to have the clinic shut down. It didn't help that several babies from their "closed community" were dealing with NAS issues and 2 more had OD'd on their negligent parents unsecured "non-prescribed" "orange flavored candy."

The next morning... the clinic director came in with a pill crusher...

Now since the film is out... and the tablets are avoided by prescribers who understand the problems with diversion and how that will affect ALL sub users if it isn't reigned in... the price of tablets have gone up to $20 a pill.

YMMV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It seems like the films are way more expensive than the tabs from the information I've been given idk if that's legit or not. In WI people pay 20 to 30 for tabs off the street which seems a little much, but I guess if they need it. That's why I gave mine away I don't have the heart to charge someone for something I won't use.....I guess I should of cause I ended up losing out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

scwis wrote:
It seems like the films are way more expensive than the tabs from the information I've been given idk if that's legit or not. In WI people pay 20 to 30 for tabs off the street which seems a little much, but I guess if they need it. That's why I gave mine away I don't have the heart to charge someone for something I won't use.....I guess I should of cause I ended up losing out

I never bought/sold on the street or to friends...seen some that have done that, but without the legal ramifications...(Maybe the snitching is a regional thing, as ppl in the south---like central alabama where I live, don't sit well with snitches)..
But I did hear that where my family lives in Slidell, Louisiana, actually from my brother down there, that in New Orleans, a 8mg-2mg Suboxone pill would go for $40 to $50 bucks ...I was shocked...

Personally, I had a long stint without insurance..and went so far as to pawn stuff so that I could buy my medicine, simply because it was that important to me that I remained clean..
But when I had to pay full price for them a couple of years ago, the pill-form was $6.90, and shortly before I got my insurance that I currently have, they had a price increase to $6.95 each. I now have a GREAT RX policy via my wife's work, and my suboxone films cost me about $1.36 each. My RX policy has a no yearly deductible/ and $80 cap..so my 75 8mg-2mg films I get per month of course make it go over the $80 cap, but ALL I pay out of my pocket is the $80. Insurance picks up everything over $80, whether it's $81.50 or $550.00, still, all I will ever pay is the $80. But I have had a couple of times where I had to buy just 10 or 15 to last until payday, and they average at $1.36 each film..
I'd personally never consider selling them, for any reason though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:57 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sadly, some people view Sub as a "don't get sick pill" instead of something that helps you get your life back together. You also get people who relapse and than try to stay on Sub to make an income to get high on the weekend as well as keep Sub for the weekdays. I would assume this would make the dependency even worse because you are minimizing lots of the negatives about using.