It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well I have noticed that when I break up my dose in two taking it twice a day I am having a rough time sleeping.. I don't want to higher my dose of course ( I do think I did jump from 6mgs to 2.8 to fast) Today I took my dose in the morning of 1.8 mgs than I took .50mgs eight hours later and was thinking about taking the other .50 right before bed to try and get more than four hours of sleep. Anyone ever change how they split up there doses? I can't stand being so tired and I even took melatonin last night and was wide eyed at 4! YUCK! I feel pretty good right now and am even thinking about doing some housework.. I am hoping that I'm not messing anything up. I'm still only taking the same amount daily. IF this happens to work than I will stick with it. I'm not to fond of taking it three times a day but maybe spreading it out a little more may be helpful so I don't feel the need to up the dose? Suggestions or Advice is always greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Post subject: You Guessed Right
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:33 pm 

SF, you pretty much already answered you own question. The taper jump was way too much of a drop so of course you're having trouble sleeping. Insomnia is one of the top w/d symptoms from any opiate or Suboxone.

Try not to take any right before bed, it tends to keep one awake with an active mind and or a hyper dream state just above the surface of sleep. You know what I mean by surface sleeping, yes? You're right there tired as all get out but just cannot drop under the ceiling to deep sleep.

If you can, stick with once a day dosing. If the w/d's start coming on then split it up but at least 4-6 hours before going to bed.

That's all I got. Hopefully others with more experience than I will chime in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Rule for the reply and yes I know exactly what you mean.. I actually would be SO tired at work and never even thought about it being from the sub.. I would drink four large monster drinks a day and still couldn't understand why I was sooo tired all the time. So in your opinion do you think maybe I should just take one full dose in the morning? I still feel great right now.. Almost not even thinking I need to take the dose so maybe I shouldn't. I guess i've been so tired of not having any energy just to get the every day things done, dishes, laundry, etc. With a family of six it's so hard to actually take a down day. I kinda felt like a failure breaking it up like I did but I still haven't went above my dose so I'm going to try not to be to hard on myself... Almost seems impossible though some days with my emotions running so high.. I just teared up because I thought my dog was sad.. Are you kidding me?! I THOUGHT my DOG was SAD???? LMAO! I'm a whack job right now! :) Thanks again for replying. I do appreciate it!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:51 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi SeekingFreedom,
I am also in the taper process and I also have trouble sleeping if I take my dose too early to bedtime. Although, I am not an expert and I can only tell you what has specifically worked in my situation. For me, if I take subs too late at night, I won't be able to get off the computer. I just want to keep doing doing doing. I stayed up until 3 AM many times because of this. Now, I take my last dose at about 5:30 and go to bed at 11:00 PM. I still split it up into 3 doses. I take it after breakfast at about 9:30 AM, then my second one around 2 PM, and then my last one around 5 PM. This is about 4 hours in between each dose and I have found that this also works great for cravings because I get cravings after about 5 1/2 to 6 hours after my last dose.

Also, I have found Valerian Root works even better than Melatonin. Sometimes I would even take both (in my coke days... ok yeah not so cool. But if it worked for coke days it will work for regular days! I don't know if it is OK to take both every single night but maybe OK for absolute emergencies). Also, I have found that with Valerian OR Melatonin, it works much better if you have been taking it for many nights, every night.

For during the day, I have just started taking the free form amino acid L-Tyrosine paired with B6. Sometimes the B6 is included in the tablets. I got 50 tablets for 10 bucks at Whole Foods and I'm sure it's probably cheaper at someplace like CVS or Rite Aid, and it is working great so far. I get motivation and energy within the hour of taking it and if I get tired I take 1 tablet of Excedrin Migraine (the one with caffeine in it), or two.

Post subject: Lower Dose
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:04 pm 

SF,

Suboxone is supposed to dosed once a day unless your doctor has said differently. Pain patients break it up through the day but the reason for once a day dosing is to break any habit of looking forward to a reward at the end of the day like most of us did in active addiction. When I got home from work I'd take a massive dose of pills, pour some ice tea and wait for the effect to kick in. By taking my dose in the morning I was able to break that thought pattern after a few weeks. That has always been my downfall. For some reason, through most of my addiction (up until the end) I wouldn't take more than a few pills during the day because I was so busy working with people. But boy did I look forward to rewarding myself when I got home. It was all I thought about on the drive home. And at the end of my insane addiction I couldn't even wait that long. I used to bring the pills and keep them in the car for the ride home. Needless to say I almost killed myself and others by acting that way. When a person takes 5-6 Norco's with 3 Soma's & 4 Tramadols and has to drive 30 miles home....well, you can picture the insanity.

Sorry I got off track there. Sometimes it's good to show everyone that I am truly an insane addict when using. If not for Suboxone my wife would either be a widow or sending me books to read in prison.

What I really wanted to say was that you mentioned feeling fatigued during the day. Same with me. What I did was take a good dose of B-12 and that perked me right up. Not completely but enough to level me out. Not sure if it will work for you but it's worth a try.

Sorry for the long post when all I needed was a sentence. Sometimes my 2¢ turns into 2½¢

Rule

Post subject: Thank You!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks so much for the replies and rule- I do the SAME thing! I am ashamed to admit this but now that I'm in a position where I'm almost being "Forced" to jump because I can't get in to see the dr. I have to be careful.. I have 4mgs left to last me the next 8 days. When I started my sub. I was to take it once in the morning and 2 8mg pills in the afternoon. She never told me anything about dosing once a day but at the same time.. She's what I would like to refer to as a "Quack".. I'm sorry but it's the truth. I would tell her my most recent symptoms.. I have been having issues where my breathing has been really shallow and I have felt like I was going to just stop breathing.. That's the main reason I'm trying to replenish and fix my body.. I believe I have done way to much damage and it effects me everyday. Honestly.. I was scared to death. When I started to taper, all the pain that I have been apparently been "Masking" has hit me hard.. My teeth, my back, legs etc. Anyways I'm sorry I just got off subject too but anyways the only way I am going to make it up until my very last day until I go to the doc. is by taking .50 mgs.. That is a 1.5mg jump for me.. I'm a nervous wreck! If you have any suggestions on how t make it easier I would appreciate it! I have the B12 but for some reason I don't know if it just takes time to get in my system or what but it didn't seem to really do anything but make my stomach and head hurt...

Post subject: Rock and a hard place
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:51 pm 

SF,

With only having 4mgs to hold you over you will no doubt end up in w/d's. Is that what you want or do you still want to stay on it? I do know what you mean about being tired all the time, it does the same thing to me. And sorry the B12 didn't help either.

All I can suggest is to make a firm decision and see it through. If you want off the Sub then do some research here about some comfort meds and other concoctions to take the edge off. One way or another you will have some discomfort, either mild or harsh. You won't know until it hits you. If you are a strong person who is determined to stop then you hunker down and stop. If you feel you're not ready yet to stop then see a different doctor and establish and good relationship.

Sorry I can't offer any better advice. Staying on Suboxone is easy. Getting off it needs to be planned and done the right way or you risk a relapse.

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you're splitting your dose, I'd suggest getting as close as possible to even doses through the day. ie if you take 2mg a day, try and have 1mg in the morning, 1mg in the evening exactly as close to 12 hours later as possible. Especially when you're far below the ceiling as you are, keeping your levels as even as possible will make for a much smoother ride.