It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone,

I tried the Dr.'s described method about dissolving the tablet and then painting inside ofmouth and ended up with a mouth full of whitish foamy saliva! Truly it is FULL like I am rinsing with mouthwash. So, I just swooshed it around in there for 15 minutes and then swallowed. Anyone else have this experience? What did I do wrong or is this normal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I start with my mouth being as dry as possible as the concentration of the bupe in the saliva makes a difference in how much is absorbed. After doing it a few times you kind of get used to it too to where your not savlivating as much. The key as Dr. Junig suggests is to #1 keep saliva to a minimum #2 cover as much oral surface as possible and #3 allow somewhere around 15 minutes and then don't eat or drink anything for another 15 mins afterwords

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So i have found, for me, that biggest producing saliva areas are under the tounge. In reading the drs. post, I now think i understand why he concentrates on spreading it around the cheeck's and gums, as under the tounge seems to stimulate more saliva, for me, and i believe that to be the truth. Ever heard of gleeking. When one can actually shoot saliva from those spots under the tounge. I'm just learning this myself, so i hope it helps you, as well as me. After all it was only yesterdays epiphany, and regardless of AA, it's always one day at a time, unless i know some time travelers, which i might... -Peace.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I took mine as directed by Dr.. under the tongue, it tripped me out at first but soon, it worked just find. I was comming off of 170mgs. of methadone after 6 years. I pushed the Saboxone in and the Methadone out I was still on a high dose when I switched over about 70mgs. when the Dr. suggested 20mgs. or lesss. I went for it ,I was in hellacious withdrawal for about 7 days and slowly I started feeling like a human being again. it was heaven. 2yrs. ago and Iam still on Saboxone in recovery and happy! Not everyday is easy but then thats real life isn't it ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i recently found the blog and this board, and i tried dr. j's way. i held it under my tongue until it was dissolved, then i did "paint" all over the inside of my mouth with the juice. because of stomach issues, i do not swallow it, i spit it all out. the subutex tastes really crummy, but i noticed that now when i spit it out, it's very clear, not at all milky like it used to be. i can definitely feel the difference. i'm prescribed 4mgs 3X a day. since starting this new way of taking it, i'm down to 4mgs only twice a day! i am now getting the same amount of pain relief from only 1 pill a day.

thanks dr. junig!!! =)

Post subject: faqs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So, it seems that I am the only one who has the extreme saliva issue! By the time mine is smooshy enough to paint with, I start painting and almost immediately my mouth gets watery and I end just doing like mouthwash is in there for 15 minutes. Does all the saliva cause less medicine to be absorbed, or am I getting the proper dose because I am holding it there for 15 minutes ( at least) before swallowing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

no, i don't think you are the only one with too much spit! sometimes i make a lot of spit, sometimes not. from my understanding, it doesn't make a difference in your absorption rate of the medicine. you are giving your body plenty of time for full absorption.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Im glad to read this and cant wait to try it! Thanks you guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:18 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The only place subs can can be absorbed is mucous membrane under the tounge or the Buccal mucosa which is on the cheek walls. Subs are made sublingual because they can't survive the 1st pass so swallowing it is almost pointless

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just a tip for you out there getting any headaches, or nausea related to your suboxone-try spitting it out for a week and see if that helps. I dissolve the tabs under my tongue and rub around my cheeks and then hold the medicine saliva mixture in my mouth, just swishing it around occasionally, for a total of 15 minutes and then spit it all out. Do not drink/eat for 15 minutes-whole process takes about 40 minutes, but you absorb all the medicine and the spitting took away all of those above mentioned side effects. Swallowing doesn't help with the absorption anyway, it is just a way to get rid of the spit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow, I'm way different than most, Been on Sub for just about 6 years and have experimented in everyway possible with this drug, I use LOTS of Saliva i let the 16mg dissolve its self under my tongue then whoosh it around for up to 75 minutes, Man Compared to 10-15 minutes i used to use it for it has made a Huge difference for me, Yes its longer But its Wayyy more effective i feel fwiw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey what does "fwiw" mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

for what it's worth

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I CANT FIND Tried Dr.'s method for best absorption POST WERE IS IT LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Somewhere on the right -this stuff isn't very organized but hey it's helpful of the DR.
I can't figure it out, I'm sure he knows better than me being an addict and a dr and all but I can't stop from salivating and the urge to swollow the saliva bupe mix is crazy. Why do the dr's I see urge strongly against breaking it up with the teeth? I just don't get this one. I've tried numerous times but can't seem to get it right-I've read his suggestions for absorption many times and just dont see the point. Isn't under the tounge the best blood vessels? Isn't that why its called sub lingual and why there are other things sub lingual b/c thats where it absorbs best?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

still cant find it is it in his book ?? or is it posted any 1 no what thred its under thanks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Haze,

Here's the doc's absorption article:

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/?p=1179

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thankz hatmaker510 thats what i was looking 4 :wink:

Post subject: You're welcome
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No problem...I remember I had a helluva time finding it myself the first time.

Take care!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have a mouth full of saliva as I'm typing this, trying the "painting" method for the first time. My mouth was SUPER dry (I had just got done working out) so I decided it was the perfect time to try the method. Well, as soon as I had a paste and started "painting" WHOOOSH my whole moouth immediately filled with saliva! Now I have to sit here for 10 more minutes with what feels like mouthwash swishing around in my mouth. Hope it's worth it and that I didn't just waste a dose. I'm thinking I'm going to stick with under the tongue unless this ends up feeling amazing..