It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Tried to get the film
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:29 pm 
My doctor has been nice enough to keep seeing me & trying to help me out even though my insurance co. owes him a ton of money and isn't paying. In order to cut down on visits he wrote me a script last month for this month. Last month I didn't think to ask about the film, but when I went to the pharm I was hoping I could get it.

I asked the technician if I could get the film with the script my doc wrote. She loudly retorted "this is a CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE!! We can't change the prescription!" I said I wasn't asking her to change the drug or the dosage and calmly explained that I had a $75 coupon if the film could be substituted. She said not unless my doctor puts in in writing, which may be true. Then I asked if they carried both the 8mg and 2mg film. She just about yelled, "I am not going to give you a list of this pharmacy's INVENTORY!!!" I continued to stay calm and professional and said I'd contact my doctor, but WTF? Does she think I'm going to come back later and knock over the pharmacy for their Suboxone film? This is the same pharmacy where I used to go to get boatloads of pain meds, and no one ever batted an eye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

She is wrong, to put it nicely and full of shit, to be blunt about it. While it is true that if the scrip specifies tablets, she can't give you film, if the script only says "Suboxone" or Bup and a dose - say 8mg with directions for sublingual, she most certainly could provide the film - so long as the dose is the same as specified. More importantly, she is completely, 100% full of shit that it has to be in writing. Even the actual order for Suboxone can be phoned in. Only schedule II narcotics require a written prescription. Suboxone is a schedule III, which allows for telephone orders. Your doctor's office can call them to authorize the film or what should have happened, is she should have contacted your doctor to have him authorize the film. Of course, this would have taken time on her part and she clearly was not about to offer customer service to a "drug addict." And as for asking if they have film in stock, that is most certainly a legitimate question. I would strongly suggest that when something like this happens, you calmly ask to see a manager or supervisor. There is no reason to be treated like this by anyone. Unfortunately, this lack of customer service is not only reserved for those of us on Suboxone, it happens daily across America with all sorts of employees within all sorts of companies - regardless of who the customer is.

What a bunch of crap. At least now you'll be armed with the necessary knowledge should this ever happen again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:20 pm 
Thanks donh. After I left the pharmacy I remembered that my doc DID in fact call in my Sub script a couple of times, so I knew she was giving me a line. I called my doc's office and asked if they would call the pharm and authorize the film. despite the tech being a pain in the ass, i would still like to try the film.
Also, I had a major problem w/ this pharmacy when I first got on Sub and I promised myself that if I was ever mistreated again I would speak to the manager like you suggested. But I just didn't have the energy to deal with it today. I had 3 kids with me, one of whom wasn't mine. So I guess I just pick my battles, but I'm now wishing I had said something, if only to help the next recovering addict who walks through the door.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree that a nice calm and truthful letter is definitely in order. That was uncalled for and was horribly rude. I agree with donh that this behavior goes beyond pharmacies and controlled substances. I deal with our state worker's comp system and they are rude 24/7 and often I am on their side. The behavior is unacceptable and I am sorry you were put through that. I am so glad the people at my pharmacy have been extremely nice to me. Geeeez.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lily-

I experienced something similiar to what happened to you. When I went to get my first RX of subs, I had the 75.00 off coupon and this was how I planned to get my subs for the first month as I spent all my money on the actual treatment center and other meds for the kidney infection I got my first day. Well, my Dr mistakenly wrote the RX for the tabs and the pharmacist was not very nice. Mind you, I was sent home for only enough subs for my first day so I wasn't really sure what to do. They told me how much the tabs would cost and I said I really couldn't afford it....guess what she said? ???? " WELL, ITS A LOT CHEAPER THAN BUYING DOPE OFF THE STREET"

It was hard for my hubby not to say something....Anyways - I ended up having my Dr call in and change the script and it all worked out but I really dont look forward to my next visit to the pharmacy.

Jessica

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:46 pm 
Jessica - that is HORRIBLE! I hope you turned her in. And I would boycott that pharmacy, too. Jeez.