It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:46 am 
New Poster
New Poster

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY TREATMENT CENTERS THAT KNOW HOW TO GET SOMEONE OFF SUBOXONE??

I'm not going to "write my story." You already know it. I got on Suboxone because I was a sick sick addict. I very much want off of it. Yesterday. It doesn't work for me. I'm unable to take it as prescribed, unable to taper (obviously), and no matter what dose I'm on I still use SAOs on top of it. Bottom line is this, I am uncapable of taking ANY narcotics in any 'responsible' or controlled manner. The only thing that 'works' for ME is total abstinence from all narcotics. It's also the only time I am happy. I've had stints of sobriety, and been very happy, but then what is supposed to be a 'fleeting thought' doesn't 'fleet.' I've ended up back on Suboxone four different times, knowing full well what I was getting into. IMO, there is not a substance on the earth that is harder to stop ingesting than Sub, short of food and water.

I'm NOT bashing Sub. It saves lives, and may be the only reason I'm still alive. It is a safe drug, and for people that are able to take it properly it works wonders. I am just saying that Sub does not, has not, and never will work for ME. I am defective. I guess.

In 2008 I kicked Sub cold turkey via 30 days inpatient. Hell. Stayed sober 2 years, relapsed, then back to Sub.
In 2011 I kicked Sub cold turkey via 30 days inpatient. Hell. Stayed sober 2 months, relapsed, then back to Sub.
In 2012, January, switched from Sub back to SAO's so I could do Ibogaine treatment. Stayed sober 4 months. Relapsed, back to Sub.
Then this past week, I resigned from my job, saw my GP, packed a bag, and went home to my moms house to stay for a month or two, so that I could quit at home, with only the support of my mother and brother. GP gave me Ambien, Requip (for RLS), and I bought a soft hot tub to basically lay in for a month. The two times I kicked Sub cold turkey, I was only able to make it through it with TONS and tons of hot baths. That's why I spent the $500 on the soft tub. But by day 4 I was losing my mind. I caved, and went to get a Sub refill. This did, however, allow me to jump from 20MG right to 8MG with no WD, I guess because of the 4-5 days without taking any.

I want to go inpatient again. Being inpatient with all the support seems to be the only way I can handle a cold turkey Sub kick. But NO treatment centers seem to know what they are talking about when it comes to this drug. They all speak to it like it's just any other opiate. And it's just not. The kick from Sub is SO much longer, with just so much variation in symptoms. Most of them tell you they will just taper you off Sub in 7-10 days. Stupid. Clearly treatment centers have not yet developed effective protocols for getting patients off Sub.

But there has got to be exceptions! DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY TREATMENT CENTERS THAT KNOW HOW TO GET SOMEONE OFF SUBOXONE??

Post subject: guess i'm wasting time
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:44 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I already know the answer people. I'm sorry I seem frustrated and I'm sure my "screen name" is quite a turn off. I'm probably just going to go to the same treatment center as before and just tough it out for a month.

I know from experience that after the 30 days I will come home feeling 100% physically and finally be clean, sober, and chemical free. It's just so scary. All the restless nights of kicking. I can handle all the anxiety, depression, leg pain, and daytime misery that comes with getting off Sub. It's those nights, seemingly endless nights, that freighten me. I can remember laying in bed trying to count how many seconds I could just lay still...1..2...jerk slash kick toss turn UGH..Everyone in treatment will just have to put up with the guy (me) that keeps filling up the bathtup with hot water over and over all night long, every night, for a month.

I just wish there were more doctors and/or facilities that specifically worked with getting people clean from Sub. I really wish I was on a SAO and then treatment would be so much easier. No pain no gain. Time to grow some balls and do it...again. I swear on my life when I get out I am going to ENGULF myself dead center into the recovery community, and never touch another opiate again.

Good luck and bless everyone here. I wish nothing but the best for all. But again, if anyone does know of a facility that knows how to get someone off sub, please PLEASE post a reply with that information.

Thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi BigPharma! I am so sorry that you are in the position that you are in. That has got to suck...BIG TIME. I don't think that you are bashing sub at all! If I had this experience with it, I would feel the same way. And the truth is, there are addicts that cannot take ANY medication without abusing it. period. I think that it takes a lot of honesty and courage to admit that to yourself. You should give yourself a pat on the back.

I do not know where you are located in the US. If you could give me an idea, (you can PM me if you'd prefer) I would be more than willing to help you find the proper center to help you. I need to know a few things though. Money, insurance, what you are willing and not willing to spend, where you are, how far you are willing to travel, etc... So if you could fill in those blanks, I'd love to help you.

I think that it is a noble thing that you are doing. This has got to be so hard for you. Suboxone really is a good treatment option, IF it works for you, which it CLEARLY does not. God, I really feel for you. I read both of your posts 2x each and my heart does go out to you. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you get on your way to getting off of suboxone, and getting on to your sober, clean, happy life, that awaits you...

Best of luck, and I truly mean that....Please keep us posted.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Tried it all?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:52 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi,
One thing you have not mentioned trying is methadone. I know methadone is a very touchy topic around here, but in answer to your question, is there anything that can get you off suboxone, well yes, methadone can. Some would argue, perhaps accurately, that you are trading a monkey for a gorilla. But would you rather take care of a well behaved gorilla or an out of control monkey?
Good luck
J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:21 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If SAO's are much easier for you to detox from why not just detox from them? You said you're still taking them so just stop taking the subs.. Then when you're ready to detox (you said it takes you 30 days to feel 100% from sub withdrawal so stop the subs for 30 days) you'll only be detoxing from the SAO's..

I'm not sure how you can say one is easier than the other for you to detox from if you're taking them both, but I'm sure you know your body.. Try only taking the SAO's till the subs are out of your system and then it should be easier for you.. Might be worth a shot

Post subject: SAO??
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I am not sure what SAO's are but I hear your pain. I admire the fact that you are able to be totally honest with yourself and us in your efforts to find a solution. It sounds as if you have someone that is willing to help you locate a facility if u can answer a few questions so I am not sure what I can offer here more than that except tell you that your ability to be honest and your willingness to do something about getting clean will take you far....so breathe.

I myself and on methadone...I am happy on methadone and do not even consider getting off methadone because unlike you when I get clean I do not fell 100% better. In 30 days or so I may not be projectile vomiting....and the diarrhea may be better, but I am miserable. Even months down the road, I do not feel better. I have no energy, I suffer cramps and RLS for what feels like forever....I am in constant relapse mode craving and tempted to give up and use....etc....I never knew it but this time (right before I got in methadone) I found out there was a condition called post acute withdrawals syndrome and I am convinced I am the poster child for this. I also develop another syndrome in a acute and chronic fashion called hyperalgesia where I have pain associated in every part of my body. So like I said earlier I am and will be staying on methadone as long as the lord will let me.

I myself tried suboxone several different times in my life...I actually tried it in a detox setting about 20 years ago in Florida. It was called something else...temegesic I think and also about 10 years ago I tried subutex in a detox then came out and stayed on it a little while longer on these two occasions there were not offering it for long term maintenance just short term. But even in short term once I got over the worse of the withdrawals it was no time I began craving to use opiates. So I would relapse. The last time I tried....it was offered as a long term maintenance option, but even at 24 to 36 milligrams a day...I still had withdrawals and cravings which my self will is weak so I would end up giving up. I had never given methadone a try...I had some kind of warp sense of unwillingness to ever give it an attempt until it became my last option.

I didn't have a lot of faith in it and especially when I was at 160 milligrams and I still suffered late night withdrawals and cravings but the doctor kept working with me at times and against me at times but I now for almost a year have been on 210 milligrams in split dose and I am withdrawals and craving free. I have been on MMT almost 3 years with only one relapse at 1 and 1/2 years when I went to an old playground and old playmates and I used because I wanted to fit in with the crown one more time for one day that was it for me...

If I were like you and could be 100% okay after 30 days etc...I would get off everything but it's been 30 years no sucess so I think it's best for me to stay where I am. Good Luck and I truly hope all goes well for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

SAO = Short Acting Opiate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

maybe try methadone where you get dosed daily at a clinic and have no opportunity to abuse? If you go inpatient again, whats going to be different this time from the last 2 or 3 times you've tried to get off? I'm sure you were sick and tired and ready to quit those times as well.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, don't intend to, just my point of view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I see why pll hate big pharma, but I worked for 2 of the largest big pharma and I having nothing but admiration for them. They throw billions at drugs that don't work trying to find that needle in the haystack. I actually made a drug called remicade that helped ppl with RA, chrohns and A.S. left there to work for GSK to work on stage 2 and 3 drugs for different ailments, diseases.

I feel like you do about the hold opiates have on a person. I feel the dragons claws dig deep and burn. When I get some withdraw symptoms I call it waking the dragon. I love the game of thrones hob show and the books were amazing. I really love dragons.

You have any hobbies? I have saltwater fish tank with clowns, corals and such I spend hundreds on and it's great therapy watching the fish, snails and crabs live in harmony together.

As for the restless legs I been there and I hate that by far the worst. The hot baths help that I do admit. I have the Xbox with a game called rockband. I love playing the drums and I got a real (albeit cheap) electronic set, bought a double pedal kit for it and I rock out for hours. Good to keep the legs moving. I will play a lot of songs from judas priest, Metallica, iron maiden with a lot of dbl base kicks and it helps a bit.

Post subject: I did rapid detox
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

you know i once used Heroin for 2 years. went CT 4 times. Last time was the worst!!!! But this suboxone is a demon to get off!!! I have never felt worse withdrawals than i have trying to ct suboxone. If you need suboxone i'm all for it. Just sharing my opinion. I am now 5 days clean and barely taken any meds. I feel week but fine. I went to rapid detox!!! Here friends is my story. Go where you like but I've heard so many horror stories about rapid detox. Guess what. They must notta gone here!!! Anyway here's how it went.........

Just so you know i ain't no ad for rapid detox. you'll see I've been a member for some time. Also my avatar is vincent Valentine from final fantasy 7, the man in the coffin.Too bad they don't have a Sephiroth avatar. Also for all you against rapid detox you can suck my penis.... no off fence. maybe you just went to the wrong place. Cause its a gorram miracle!!! Please read Daniel chapter 3 that explains my experience!! Put into the furnace and not burned!!! and who was the forth man....Jesus!!! Who was there the whole time. But this is my story! And i will tell you my story!!

So you know where i'm at today is Tuesday, I went thru the procedure on Wednesday last week. That last tuesday i went to the dr. office and she put me thru all kinda tests make sure my heart's good and i aint crazy and the like. The dr was real nice! She believe in what she do. I also had to see a psychologist!! never had that happen b4. but he was real nice. Good guy!! Guess i ain't crazy. now to Wednesday.....

Wed morning 5am i was shuttled to a Hospital. My roommate was a guy named Taylor. I think he was in slight withdrawal. I guess the suboxone was still in my system. Lying on each bed was a gown and something that frightened me..... a diaper!!! Yes a diaper! The diaper soon became the butt of every joke me and Taylor could think of!! My gosh it was funny. I thought Taylor would see my diapered ass. I had to wear it.... Any way the nurses and anesthesiologist came in and gave us iv. Taylor took it like a man. I'm scared of iv needles and almost cryed as the third iv finally made it. I went first.........

Down in pre-op i was agitated and had to get up with the machines every 5 minutes to pee for some reason while mrs Chang the new nurse had no idea what she was doin. Anyway i lost some time......

Wednesday/Thursday night I was back in my room, vaguely remember sleeping, peeing, and punching a black guy 2 times hard in the head. Also pulled the iv out i guess. Vague memories. Punched a LARGE black guy!!!

Thursday morning Nurse and Dr in my room. "you are all done!" WHAT!!! I swore i never went thru the surgery!! But they were right. I was done!! Then i was shuttled back to the hotel!! And what a grand hotel!! Water in the hallway. I went strait to bed. They say its normal.......... BTW i know you r wondering..Did i poop the diaper? Not a chance man. I followed the cleansing instructions to the T . I tore that dang thing off moment i got back!!! Back to i slept. I slept till Friday!!!! Oh BTW on the ride back I told my other "friends" who went thru it to that I had NO withdrawal. I was fine!!. 2 of them said they did. But i think they were expecting this to be easy!! I watched Scrubs Friday with my wife and she ordered Jets pizza. My appetite for food is gone but I ate 3 slices. Saturday morning we leave for the airport back home. They gave us a pile of meds too.

Saturday. I got special wheelchair privledges at the airport. I was having trouble walking. But mind you only mild withdrawal since Thursday. Very mild!!!!!! Also who at 32 years old get wheelchair privileges. I gave him $10. He was nice.

Sunday and Monday i was feeling week very week. No energy. Like a Gorram baby. But here's what i take. 1 Nurontin when i wake. 1/2 clonodine later if i need and so on. I refuse to take a whole one cause i go nappy for 2 hours. I have soma, vallum, halcyon, which all make me sleepy so i don't take them at day. i ain't gonna lie though, i have trouble sleeping so doc says i can take all 3 before bed. I don't even know what half this stuff is but the nurontin is the best. I think its for restless legs and the like. which i aint had yet. ...............Monday I rode the heck out of my exercise bike to get my body goin. It worked.

So anyway its Tuesday!!!! I feel hell lot better. I just took the trash out. And it was heavy. Made breakfast and coffee too. OH... and music sounds amazing!!!!!! I even had my wife buy DR Dre beats for me. Beats are cool!! I feel so much better today than last few ones. BUT NOW HEAR ME ON THIS!! I WENT THROUGH NO WITHDRAWAL AT ALL!!! NONE. AIN'T FEELIN %100 BUT NO WANTIN TO KILL MY SELF. I AIN'T EVEN CRAVIN OPIATES OR ANYTHING. Cause the Naltrexone. And for all you against naltrexone. Shut up!!!! If they can put you under at the rapid detox for surgery without opiates it don't matter. Just buy a medical bracelet like i did just in case.

Nowfor a final note!!! And I appologis cause I am a Christian and my language ain't been so kind here!! BUT FOR ALL YOU IDIOTS WHINING ABOUT HOW HARD PAWS IS AND RAPID DETOX WONT HELP WITH THAT. GO EAT A PENIS!!!! PAWS ain't the hard part. Just deal with it and move on. I mean that 2 weeks of hard core withdrawal is the hard part. I barely got PAWS. I ain't even depressed. I sure as heck can deal with this over writhing on the floor in pain trying to grab my Ruger .38 LCR to put to my head to end the pain!!! PAWS can eat a penis!!! I described the gun so you know i was serious!!! Maybe in a day or 2 i'll hit up the range. I love shooting. But i digress. I am now free of suboxone!!! If you happen to stumble on one of my earlier posts you'll see that i once said i was gonna stay on it for good!!!! F that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am gonna post where I went for this procedure. And I'll tell you why. Cause ain't no one out there could give me details of where and when they went to rapid detox so its hard to Google it and find a good place!!!! IF I'M WRONG IN DOIN THIS PLEASE DONT ERASE MY POST! Just the last part cause i want people to know my story!! Everyone is so against Rapid Detox but it worked for me. All I needed was thru the hard core withdrawals. AND IT DID!!!! AND YES TO ME IT WAS WORTH IT!

So that was my story!!! I will recommend this place to anyone can afford it! www.rapiddrugdetox.com. i don't right know who Jeannie is but Dr. Nameth is a great woman!!! She really believes in getting you off opiates!!! This place is in Livona Michigan i think. There are so so many bad rapid detox places out there, but i did my research. They are Better Business Beaureau certified with no complaints and the procedure is in a JACO approved hospital. Not in some guy's shanty in the woods. AGAIN IF YOU HAVE TO ERASE THIS LAST PARAGRAPH JUST PLEASE DON'T ERASE MY STORY!!!!!!!!

Phukbigpharma ` I just wanted to share this because it got me off suboxone. Also they gave me a 6 month prescription for naltrexone. But i may order the shots cause my wife's a nurse and she can inject it in me legally. I recommend you take naltrexone long as you can that way no need for relapse. I crave no opiates and i'm just shy a week from detox. I really think the Naltrexone helps!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

One more thing buddy..... no restless legs, no depression, little trouble sleeping but i only wake up once during the nite and take another halcyon. AS I SAID NO RESTLESS LEGS. MAN THAT WAS THE WORST CT. Also they give me stuff so i don't have diahreah. But so you know i try and take as little meds as they gave me. I don't touch the vallum or soma they make me sleepy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

one more thing..... i am tired as a 100 year old man, but thats really it. I try and take 1/2 of the pills at a time. i think they all make me sleepy.

Post subject: Re: I did rapid detox
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Night wrote:
you know i once used Heroin for 2 years. went CT 4 times. Last time was the worst!!!! But this suboxone is a demon to get off!!! I have never felt worse withdrawals than i have trying to ct suboxone. If you need suboxone i'm all for it. Just sharing my opinion. I am now 5 days clean and barely taken any meds. I feel week but fine. I went to rapid detox!!! Here friends is my story. Go where you like but I've heard so many horror stories about rapid detox. Guess what. They must notta gone here!!! Anyway here's how it went.........

Just so you know i ain't no ad for rapid detox. you'll see I've been a member for some time. Also my avatar is vincent Valentine from final fantasy 7, the man in the coffin.Too bad they don't have a Sephiroth avatar. Also for all you against rapid detox you can suck my penis.... no off fence. maybe you just went to the wrong place. Cause its a gorram miracle!!! Please read Daniel chapter 3 that explains my experience!! Put into the furnace and not burned!!! and who was the forth man....Jesus!!! Who was there the whole time. But this is my story! And i will tell you my story!!

So you know where i'm at today is Tuesday, I went thru the procedure on Wednesday last week. That last tuesday i went to the dr. office and she put me thru all kinda tests make sure my heart's good and i aint crazy and the like. The dr was real nice! She believe in what she do. I also had to see a psychologist!! never had that happen b4. but he was real nice. Good guy!! Guess i ain't crazy. now to Wednesday.....

Wed morning 5am i was shuttled to a Hospital. My roommate was a guy named Taylor. I think he was in slight withdrawal. I guess the suboxone was still in my system. Lying on each bed was a gown and something that frightened me..... a diaper!!! Yes a diaper! The diaper soon became the butt of every joke me and Taylor could think of!! My gosh it was funny. I thought Taylor would see my diapered ass. I had to wear it.... Any way the nurses and anesthesiologist came in and gave us iv. Taylor took it like a man. I'm scared of iv needles and almost cryed as the third iv finally made it. I went first.........

Down in pre-op i was agitated and had to get up with the machines every 5 minutes to pee for some reason while mrs Chang the new nurse had no idea what she was doin. Anyway i lost some time......

Wednesday/Thursday night I was back in my room, vaguely remember sleeping, peeing, and punching a black guy 2 times hard in the head. Also pulled the iv out i guess. Vague memories. Punched a LARGE black guy!!!

Thursday morning Nurse and Dr in my room. "you are all done!" WHAT!!! I swore i never went thru the surgery!! But they were right. I was done!! Then i was shuttled back to the hotel!! And what a grand hotel!! Water in the hallway. I went strait to bed. They say its normal.......... BTW i know you r wondering..Did i poop the diaper? Not a chance man. I followed the cleansing instructions to the T . I tore that dang thing off moment i got back!!! Back to i slept. I slept till Friday!!!! Oh BTW on the ride back I told my other "friends" who went thru it to that I had NO withdrawal. I was fine!!. 2 of them said they did. But i think they were expecting this to be easy!! I watched Scrubs Friday with my wife and she ordered Jets pizza. My appetite for food is gone but I ate 3 slices. Saturday morning we leave for the airport back home. They gave us a pile of meds too.

Saturday. I got special wheelchair privledges at the airport. I was having trouble walking. But mind you only mild withdrawal since Thursday. Very mild!!!!!! Also who at 32 years old get wheelchair privileges. I gave him $10. He was nice.

Sunday and Monday i was feeling week very week. No energy. Like a Gorram baby. But here's what i take. 1 Nurontin when i wake. 1/2 clonodine later if i need and so on. I refuse to take a whole one cause i go nappy for 2 hours. I have soma, vallum, halcyon, which all make me sleepy so i don't take them at day. i ain't gonna lie though, i have trouble sleeping so doc says i can take all 3 before bed. I don't even know what half this stuff is but the nurontin is the best. I think its for restless legs and the like. which i aint had yet. ...............Monday I rode the heck out of my exercise bike to get my body goin. It worked.

So anyway its Tuesday!!!! I feel hell lot better. I just took the trash out. And it was heavy. Made breakfast and coffee too. OH... and music sounds amazing!!!!!! I even had my wife buy DR Dre beats for me. Beats are cool!! I feel so much better today than last few ones. BUT NOW HEAR ME ON THIS!! I WENT THROUGH NO WITHDRAWAL AT ALL!!! NONE. AIN'T FEELIN %100 BUT NO WANTIN TO KILL MY SELF. I AIN'T EVEN CRAVIN OPIATES OR ANYTHING. Cause the Naltrexone. And for all you against naltrexone. Shut up!!!! If they can put you under at the rapid detox for surgery without opiates it don't matter. Just buy a medical bracelet like i did just in case.

Nowfor a final note!!! And I appologis cause I am a Christian and my language ain't been so kind here!! BUT FOR ALL YOU IDIOTS WHINING ABOUT HOW HARD PAWS IS AND RAPID DETOX WONT HELP WITH THAT. GO EAT A PENIS!!!! PAWS ain't the hard part. Just deal with it and move on. I mean that 2 weeks of hard core withdrawal is the hard part. I barely got PAWS. I ain't even depressed. I sure as heck can deal with this over writhing on the floor in pain trying to grab my Ruger .38 LCR to put to my head to end the pain!!! PAWS can eat a penis!!! I described the gun so you know i was serious!!! Maybe in a day or 2 i'll hit up the range. I love shooting. But i digress. I am now free of suboxone!!! If you happen to stumble on one of my earlier posts you'll see that i once said i was gonna stay on it for good!!!! F that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am gonna post where I went for this procedure. And I'll tell you why. Cause ain't no one out there could give me details of where and when they went to rapid detox so its hard to Google it and find a good place!!!! IF I'M WRONG IN DOIN THIS PLEASE DONT ERASE MY POST! Just the last part cause i want people to know my story!! Everyone is so against Rapid Detox but it worked for me. All I needed was thru the hard core withdrawals. AND IT DID!!!! AND YES TO ME IT WAS WORTH IT!

So that was my story!!! I will recommend this place to anyone can afford it! www.rapiddrugdetox.com. i don't right know who Jeannie is but Dr. Nameth is a great woman!!! She really believes in getting you off opiates!!! This place is in Livona Michigan i think. There are so so many bad rapid detox places out there, but i did my research. They are Better Business Beaureau certified with no complaints and the procedure is in a JACO approved hospital. Not in some guy's shanty in the woods. AGAIN IF YOU HAVE TO ERASE THIS LAST PARAGRAPH JUST PLEASE DON'T ERASE MY STORY!!!!!!!!

Phukbigpharma ` I just wanted to share this because it got me off suboxone. Also they gave me a 6 month prescription for naltrexone. But i may order the shots cause my wife's a nurse and she can inject it in me legally. I recommend you take naltrexone long as you can that way no need for relapse. I crave no opiates and i'm just shy a week from detox. I really think the Naltrexone helps!!

If you scroll up and read my response to BigPharma, I am all for helping whoever I can on this forum. What I don't understand is why you feel the need to tell everyone who doesnt agree with you.....to eat a penis? It's offensive to me as a woman. And I dont think it's funny at all. This is the third thread that you have copied and pasted this on. It's almost like you want everyone to know how vulgar you are. You could have shared your experience without being so disgusting. It's disrespectful, and I would really appreciate it, if you would just watch your mouth. I am on here for recovery and dont feel like I should be subjected to that kind of obscenity. I can take cussing, and all that, but this is just tasteless and offensive to women.

Congratulations to you for getting off of suboxone. I truly hope that you can avoid PAWS, since it is Waaaay too soon to know.

Post subject: Answer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Go to treatment or just kick at home, and go to meetings. ask god for help

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

phuckbigpharma wrote:
In 2008 I kicked Sub cold turkey via 30 days inpatient. Hell. Stayed sober 2 years, relapsed, then back to Sub.
In 2011 I kicked Sub cold turkey via 30 days inpatient. Hell. Stayed sober 2 months, relapsed, then back to Sub.
In 2012, January, switched from Sub back to SAO's so I could do Ibogaine treatment. Stayed sober 4 months. Relapsed, back to Sub.

Dude ... you're not defective. That's pretty much standard addiction. When you go to meetings and here people say "5 years clean" "12 years clean" .. all those old timers can make someone who's relapsed feel defective. The reality is they're by far in the minority. Addiction is a chronic relapsing disease, like asthma or bipolar. The majority of people with a history of addiction, if you drew a lil graph covering their lifetime, they'll have dips in and out of relapse with periods of abstinence or stability in between.

Now for kicking. The real question I guess is how secure you feel in your recovery, how good you are with handling cravings to wanna use. If you know you can get through intense withdrawal without relapsing, then why not high jump? Get it fucking over and done with. Get some clonidine, imodium, and some valium. Do a home detox and mums and she'll make you some home cooked soup to sustain you. Mums are good like that. If you do it that way, you'll have 1-1.5 months to recover from the acute withdrawal. BUT I highly suggest you have some safe guard for post-detox. Have you looked into vivitrol? Vivitrol / naltrexone plus a support group is a powerful combo. But with vivitrol it's just hugely important that you GET it every month ON time.

Good luck.

tj