It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Tricky Subject
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:49 pm 

I'm not happy about having to put up a sticky reminding people to keep their guards up with around their fellow members. But as a moderator, I feel compelled to warn especially the newer members of this forum that not every poster is who they seem to be.

There have been a few times that someone would come on very obviously to troll. We would ban them and they would pop up a few months later to troll some more.

The obvious trolls are not the problem, however. As of now we have at least one or two members who have been here before under different names and situations. We have had to call a member or two out on their bull-crap the last few years on a somewhat regular basis. Sometimes the personality is male or more often a female.

Some of the ways you can tell if a person is being fake or not is to ask yourself a few questions. 1. The story of this person usually works out almost miraculously. They portray themselves as easily handling whatever obstacle that comes their way. 2. This person is very warm with people right away. There are probably some who are PMing with this person. 3. If this person is disagreed with, especially by Dr. J, she back pedals immediately that she didn't really mean what she said. The advice she receives from us is usually ignored or glossed over.

I'm not writing to warn you because this person is all bad. She can be superfriendly and on some levels I think she means well. But some people have gotten very close to her and then have found out that she lies quite a bit. It can be disappointing for them.

The moral of this story is that you should be careful with whom you share very private things. If the person seems a little too good to be true, or if something seems off to you, it very well may be.

If you want or need more specific information, please let me know via PM. Most people here are good and kind and just want to share their experiences with other addicts. I just want you to be a little bit wary if things seem a bit too perfect.

Amy

Post subject: Re: Tricky Subject
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:21 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just remember that guy(s) who kept going on about a stacking theory trying to convince people tapering makes it much worse. They are ALL over every video of YouTube talking about paws starting at X (usually a month or so later than where the person in the video was) and lasting ten years. Except there its like 10 people who all share the same IP address..

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you for posting this. When i first joined there was a member that i became "close" with via PM's. I relied on her to help me understand what sub was about & how to take it properly, all kinds of things. After a short time i began to see lies and if i asked her about it there was always a good reason, i read it wrong, she was talking about something else etc.

Then she was banned because she got caught in a big lie on the forum

I was devastated, she was my "friend", confidant and a Big Fat LIAR :shock: :( The experience set me back because i trusted this person and trust is a a big issue for me. I questioned everything she said and stayed away from the forum for a while. Now i am very picky about who i trust & believe because even though she may have had good intentions it was a big betrayal being lied to like that.

Last night i almost sent you a pm because i noticed, again, something fishy was going on.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:38 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Thanks for posting this. Good idea for not only here, but anywhere on the internet! Thank you, mods, for watching out for the board.

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:29 am 

Thank you for that info Amy. There are trolls in everything online. My son was the first person to tell me the meaning of the troll. He kept getting someone that would come into his minecraft game and would tear down everything he'd build. Same thing here, just a different troll. I need to always remember to look for that perfect scenario, cause nobody is perfect and life doesn't work that way....especially us addicts.

Thanks again for the heads up, I love helping others here and we sometimes forget, not everyone is truthful and there's definitely warning signs.

Have a great day everyone!!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:51 pm 

To all members,

The moderators cannot be on here all the time so we depend on you to keep an eye out for trolls, spam bots, repeat offenders returning after being banned, etc. A PM to one of us is about all you can do. We don't want to post our personal information out there for all to see. There used to be one member here I trusted with my phone number. He called me all the time to report abuses. Guess what happened to him? He was banned by me for behavior unbecoming of a member in good standing. Many of you know who I'm talking about so no names will be mentioned.

If you are one of those who are trust worthy, PM one of us and we might give out our personal numbers. Maybe. Like Tiki, we've been burned before and are wary of most everyone until enough time has passed.

Rule62

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:55 pm 

Rule is absolutely correct. We do rely on our members to help us when they see something off.

Still, we don't want you to have to feel like everyone is a suspect either! That's our job and we will take care of things. I only wrote this sticky because there are certain ways we should all be on our guard and I wanted to remind us.

I also do not want to provoke some sort of witch hunt. Yes, we have had a person who has repeatedly come here as different personalities (male and female). I don't actually consider her a troll. I think she is just a person who is a little more broken than the rest of us. I have reached out a couple of times to her and encouraged her to just tell us who she really is and why she has lied in the past. But some people need their mask for whatever reason.

I just want you to know that if we see this person doing any harm we will address it. If we think you are spending a lot of time being sucked into this person's story, we will let you know. So respond how you would usually respond to other members. Be yourself. We are watching over you because we have your best interests at heart and want to keep this place a functioning, pleasant place to be. We SO appreciate the time and effort that our members put into the forum. We have your backs!

Amy