It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Tricky Subject
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:47 pm 

I'm not happy about having to put up a sticky reminding people to keep their guards up with around their fellow members. But as a moderator, I feel compelled to warn especially the newer members of this forum that not every poster is who they seem to be.

There have been a few times that someone would come on very obviously to troll. We would ban them and they would pop up a few months later to troll some more.

The obvious trolls are not the problem, however. As of now we have at least one or two members who have been here before under different names and situations. We have had to call a member or two out on their bull-crap the last few years on a somewhat regular basis. Sometimes the personality is male or more often a female.

Some of the ways you can tell if a person is being fake or not is to ask yourself a few questions. 1. The story of this person usually works out almost miraculously. They portray themselves as easily handling whatever obstacle that comes their way. 2. This person is very warm with people right away. There are probably some who are PMing with this person. 3. If this person is disagreed with, especially by Dr. J, she back pedals immediately that she didn't really mean what she said. The advice she receives from us is usually ignored or glossed over.

I'm not writing to warn you because this person is all bad. She can be superfriendly and on some levels I think she means well. But some people have gotten very close to her and then have found out that she lies quite a bit. It can be disappointing for them.

The moral of this story is that you should be careful with whom you share very private things. If the person seems a little too good to be true, or if something seems off to you, it very well may be.

If you want or need more specific information, please let me know via PM. Most people here are good and kind and just want to share their experiences with other addicts. I just want you to be a little bit wary if things seem a bit too perfect.

Amy

Post subject: Re: Tricky Subject
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Bump

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:09 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'll see your bump Tiki and raise you a bump! lol That puts me 1 post closer to "Super Duper Power Poster" status. Say that 3 times really fast! lol

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:58 pm 

You guys make me chuckle! :D

Amy

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's a Deal Happy LOL

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:12 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Amy
Only a chuckle? Come on!
You have to admit, that was funny! lol

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:23 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Wow this post brought back memories. Hopefully it's not who I think you could be talking about...? :|

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

YOU'RE SO SMART AMY....
seriously.
I came to the INTRO section here, was contemplating a post.
I think I'm goin to sleep now, instead.

HELLO EVERYBODY!!!!
I'm well. hope you are too. . . life is sure different for me these days, but definitely happier and easier, and LESS stressfull than EVER before, really.

I have two little boys now, and they are my whole world!!!

well, I'm not sure what else to say, except I'm not sorry I hijacked your thread.

ALL MY LOVE
amber

Attachments:
FB_20150607_12_29_08_Saved_Picture.jpg
FB_20150607_12_29_08_Saved_Picture.jpg [ 148.4 KiB | Viewed 947 times ]

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:50 am 

HEY AMBER!!!!
Wow, great pic of the family.
Miss ya around here. What is this, Homecoming weekend? Lilly and Tear j (TJ) popped up and now You!!!!

Glad happiness has found you. Please post back again..... :D

Razor 53 55 57..ha.....

and yes,our Amy is a bright light for us all!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:33 pm 

Beautiful family! I have two sons and a daughter. My sons are 8 yrs apart and the younger one thinks that the sun rises and sets in his older brother, I'm sure urs will be that way too :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:13 pm 

Amber has been trying to post a reply to you guys and she gets an error message when she tries! Here is what she replied:

Oh definitely. Sam is pretty rough with his brother sometimes but I wouldn't trade it for anything!
Sully is about 14 months old now, just under 40 pounds, and wears 2&3T already.
Sam will be seven in December, he's four feet three inches tall, and weighs about 56 pounds.
So even though they are six years AP, they almost match up. LOL
Mike is driving log truck still, he makes 30% of every load he delivers, he usually leaves by 230am and returns home around 330/4 except on Fridays he's usually later. He falls asleep right after he eats during the week but it's been absolutely essential for him in keeping up with the costs of probation, counseling, SO treatment, polygraphs, ETC. Average $850 every month.
He's gonna be completely done February 20th
Were going to southern California where a lot of my family is, take the boys to Disneyland and everything else, during Sams spring break in march.
Were really excited. We've never really been on a REAL family vacation before.
I'm still on subs. They legalized recreational marijuana here, so my sub Dr and I came up with, I go to the pharmacy EVERY DAY except Sunday and get my dose. Saturday they send me home with Sunday dose.
I know it's not the ideal solution, but u know what?
I don't run out every time, my subs don't control ME, hell I don't even think about it again after I'm done now, after I take it I mean.
I know I have compulsive issues. My Dr one day was just like, what's your long term plan here? U can't just keep taking more because you have cravings, run out early, and come back to me with your tail dragging.
So the pharmacy is not quite a half mile from my house. It's really not a big deal especially since I'm staying home right now, I have been REALLY lucky in that, I was able to stay home with Sully his whole first year of life. I did however get my tubes tied afterwards.
I'm sure many of you remember that I was very, very close to my grams. She pretty well raised me, and well she was about the only person who would talk to me, for a two year period. Anyhow she passed away peacefully from pancreatic cancer, the end of May. I was right there by her side. She told me multiple times, how she had ZERO regrets in her life. Felt she had gotten more time than most people, and she was able to spend the vast majority of time with friends and family whom she absolutely adored. That's really all any of us can hope for right
Ok that's all that I can think of for now.
This can be done you know? It's hard to take a very honest look inside, to address CORE issues.
It's not easy but it absolutely is worth every single ounce of effort.

Amber

That's all she wrote! -Amy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amber, I'm so happy for you! It's great you got to stay home with the baby for a year. Its tough to be home, but that's nearly a once in a lifetime opportunity. Sorry about your gramma, what a gift though to be by her side CLEAN when she passed. It's so great to come back & see people doing well. Queenie just stopped in recently, too. Keep up the good work :)
Lilly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:09 pm 

I just have to add a bit about Amber. The way Amber has dealt with her Grama's death has been an example for anyone. Whenever Amber was asked by a counselor, "What would make you potentially relpase?", Amber's answer was, "If anything happened to my Grama. She's my rock."

In a way, although pancreatic cancer is a tough way to finish out life, the time Amber had to start grieving and dealing with her feelings was a blessing. Amber was literally holding her Grama's hand when she died. Amber not only knows that Grama was very proud of her recovery, but she knows that she did every single thing she could for her Grama. As an outsider looking in, it's my opinion that Amber more than made up for any harm she did to their relationship by being incredibly present and appreciative these last 5 years. Nothing was left unsaid. Grama died in complete peace knowing that Amber was at her side and knowing that Amber was not going to let her grief sabotage her recovery. I'm so grateful that I got to witness just a small amount of their love for each other. It humbles me.

Amy