It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Tramadol
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Docs tend to think of Tramadol as less of a problem than other opioids. Today the Wall Street Journal carried a very interesting story of how Tramadol has become a huge problem for the rest of the world. You can find it here-- check it out: http://suboxonetalkzone.com/tramadol.pdf

Post subject: Re: Tramadol
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Is anyone else having trouble pulling up this link? I can't get to it. Would so enjoy reading this. My father is on Tramadol and I like to keep up with any new findings.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:58 pm 

The link worked okay with me. It's a PDF so check your settings and make sure your updates are current.

In the early 2000's, my doctor told me Tramadol was non addicting. I told him otherwise and he just wouldn't believe me. When I stopped taking Norco and went onto Suboxone, I was also taking about 600-800 mg's a day of Tramadol. The article tells a story of one person who died after ingesting only 1,000 mg's. I guess my dance with death was a close one.

Suboxone took care of that addiction and the craving too. No problem stopping the Soma & Xanax either. It seemed like the Buprenorphine took care of everything. It was like I could have stopped any addiction or habit back then.

I had no idea on how widespread it is now.

(Had to edit the mg's. I was way off thinking the pills were 100 mg's each. I was taking about 10-16 50 mg pills a day. Still quite a bit and deadly)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:36 pm 

I always use my phone instead of my laptop to get on the forum, just more comfortable with my phone lol go figure. I can't open the link on my phone so maybe if ur on ur phone angie, that's why ur having issues.

I only used tramadol when I'd be out of everything and it would keep me from being sick when I'd take a lot of em at once (I have no clue what the mg was). I think bk to that time of my life and feel so lucky I didn't die. I was way to reckless and didn't care what or how much I put into my body. If I couldn't find anything, I'd take a hand full of anything to feel better.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have always had access to Tramadol due to the condition of my legs and what not. Had always been told how "safe" it was but I think most of the addicts who have experienced Tramadol know how much potential for abuse Tramadol/Ultram has. It worries me. I don't dare mess with it right now so early in my recovery.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh I finally got it to pull up. The satellite internet in rural Alabama is bad. This was such a good read. Thank you for the link. The barber taking 1000 mg a day worries me "starting fights shaving a clients head". Very sad. Most the people in this report are poor an like the fact that Tramadol helps them work longer hours and "makes then feel stronger". All the while overdosing multiple times. They can't stop taking it though, it makes them sick. Sounds a little familiar...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:50 pm 

You said it Bama, Im a barber and was up to 300mgs aday at my worst. It was very hard to keep the place going high on pills. Terrible days.

I had no idea Tramadol was such a worldwide problem. Thanks for sharing Doc J...

Razor.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So am I razor! I do hair and had a barber shop at 1 time. My parents owned the shop and during my using days decided to close it. I still have all my stuff though. Barber chair, station, shampoo bowl, back bar... Oh I miss doing hair. That tramadol is a little different from the other stronger opiates I've used in the past. But absolutely has potential for abuse. I've taken it in the past for pain, and it does hurry ya up a bit too. But I've also used it when I'd run out of Norco to keep from going into withdrawals. Just like Jenn Jenn. I bet it's going to get worse before it gets better. They have got to classify this drug so they can keep up with where it's going and whose hands it's getting into. Monitor it better.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:36 pm 

It's a funny drug. The article said it was a stimulant and I'll second that. I loved the upbeat buzz it gave me. One 50 mg pill got me feeling pretty good. Funny thing is, some people don't feel a thing when they take it.

FYI, I edited my other post. The milligram amount was way off. Surprised no one called me on it.

r

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My goodness Rule that is a huge amount that you were taking. I was shocked by the amount the people in the report were taking each day. Who in the world ever heard of a 225 mg Tramadol. And they would toss it in with their morning coffee. Shoot, don't you know they were working hard. Makes the hair on my head feel like it's standing on end just thinking about it. You'd been in trouble back in the day around some 225 mg Ultram/Tramadol, Rule!
GEEZE!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your right about some people not feeling it, too. I've had people tell me they went to the ER trying to get opiate pain pills and when they would end up just getting Tramadol, would throw the script out the window. BTW, I hate litterbugs. Just saying...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:26 pm 

Hi All, I have told my story before so most of you know that tramadol was my drug of choice. I was popping about 6 to 8 50's at a time...several times a day. The first time I ran out was the worst time of my life! I had those electric zaps and they terrified me! Back then, it was so easy to order them on line! When I think back to how much I was taking and how much it was costing....just so thankful for today!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's right, You were taking an unheard amount of Tramadol too weren't cha Michelle. That became your DOC for a while. It blows my mind that they were so available there on line. Man, if I could have got Norco or even Methadone on line like that. Shoot, I'd hurt myself. That just blows my mind. Could you get as many as you wanted? Like a freaking truck load if you ordered that many? You don't have to answer that. I'm getting off topic here. Still though... DAMN!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:15 pm 

I could take tramadol in high quantities all day and it would never get me high. I wish that other opiates would have not affected me! I used tramadol to keep from withdrawing when I ran out of percocet.

Ironically, one month I noticed that my heart would race when I took tramadol. That scared me, so the next month I just went into withdrawal. Which is when I ratted myself out to my doctor. So maybe having tramadol around lengthened my addiction.

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:38 pm 

Wow Michelle, that was a lot of tramadol! I can surely see it being your DOC knowing how good it made me feel. And I too had those mind zaps but didn't know what caused them until you said it.

And oh yea. Back in the day we were able to order Norco, Soma's, Tramadols, very easy online. Do you remember how much they cost though? I spent money we didn't have or couldn't afford. Juggling 3 doctors and online ordering. Never once did I buy them off the street. I wouldn't know where or who to ask. My luck I'd end up asking some undercover cop. In the back of my mind I knew it was just a matter of time until I got caught. God bless Suboxone and the doctors wife who talked me into coming in.

rule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

O.K. Shoot, I had people going to the Dr. for me at times. That way I wouldn't have to worry with the dealer. But some times they would come out of office with Tramadol script when I very carefully explained that I wanted Norco. LOL Oh the madness!!! No, I never ordered anything like this on line though. I could hurry up and talk someone with a bum hip or bad back to hit the Dr. office. Heck, I'd even give them a ride there, to the pharmacy, and back home.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:23 pm 

Hi All, When I could not find percocet or vicodin, I turned to trams. I could buy 180 50 mgs for about 120.00. When I was paying 20.00 a pill for the percs. I really don't know about where they were coming from. It was an online place but I would call an Indian guy who was in Florida. He was a really nice guy. Sometimes, my order would just arrive and my card had been charged. I was fine with that even though money was tight! Now that I think about it, I had this whole system of writing checks at the grocery store for cash above the amount. Then I would deposit the cash to cover the charge for the pills until I got paid. If the check bounced, I paid the 35 bucks! Sick right? All without my husband's knowledge. He knew I was taking pills for fun. He never really said anything except the couple of times he saw me going through withdrawl. He was terrified and wanted me to get help. The last time, I saw the fear in his eyes, I knew it was what I felt when he had his stroke! Thank you God! Those days are over! PS I started reading that article! Fascinating! It does not surprise me that addiction to trams is at epic proportion inother countries. You can still eadily but it online from overseas!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've heard of the on line purchasing but never looked into it. It just blows my mind you can go it without a prescription. You sure sound like you have a wonderful husband Michelle. You had quite the system, indeed. It's insane the extent we would go to ensure our comfort. And to hide it for others as well. Takes brains. Everyone have a good night. Bama girl