It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Tramadol
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey everyone. Well today I jumped from 0.5mg. I want to take tramadol to help with the w/d for the week or 10 days, but I read taking it with sub can cause seizures. Now I am also on 1.5mg Klonopin a day. Will I have an increased risk of seizures with the tramadol eve though I am not taking the sub anymore and am on Klonopin? And how long til the sub is out of my system? Thanks!!!

Post subject: Re: Tramadol
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I would avoid it.. See when you take opiates for long enough the natural endorphins in your brain stop firing on their own because the opiates do that for them. These endorphins regulate mood and energy and pain and sleep and more.. So when you stop taking opiates the reason we feel so bad is because our brains natural feel good chemicals are depleted and have to learn to start firing on their own again. The good news is they will and you can do things to speed up the process.. Tramadol, in my opinion, is going to prolong that because you're still putting in a chemical that is acting as an opiate. Same with Kratom. For me I wouldn't take anything that resembles an opiate and instead do things that help create these endorphins such as exercise, amino acids, vegetables, music, chocolate, etc!!! This is just my opinion and I am about 8 years shy of a medical degree. How is day 1 going?

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, total bad idea. You'll just be trading Bup for tramadol,as in many ways it's much the same. To be sure it is not exactly the same, especially half life, but it acts much like an opiate with many of the same addictive properties and I can assure you similar withdrawl symptoms. It would be nearly the same to stop Bup and then take codeine or Vicodin for ten days. It really is! This is a bad, bad plan maya! Don't do it. Lower your dose of Bup if needed. Bup needs to be the VERY LAST opiate or opiate receptor stimulator that you take.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I didn't do it. I also didn't jump. Ugh, still on .5mg. I am too scared to go to .25. I am going to, but I'm afraid. This is hard. Plus, I'm scared I will be really depressed after. Will that get better in a few days or weeks?

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Id be scared to drop from 0.5 directly to 0.25 too! That's cutting your already small dose in half! I'd suggest you go to 0.45 or 0.4 first. Then 0.4 or 0.35 after that. Cutting you dose in half at high doses can work - not at low.

Even with a long, slow taper you will feel crappy when you stop but not terrible. You will gave a rough couple of weeks but you will get better. Most people report feeling at least 90% back to normal after 30 days

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:36 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Maya...congrats on getting to .5! That is a huge accomplishment!

donh and qa gave you some really good advice. I wanted to chime in and tell you that your prescribed dose of Klonipin should also help you through the "heebie-jeebies" of withdrawal. Also, instead of just dropping, you can try doing your .5 one day and a lower dose the next day and then repeat until you are comfortable with the drop.

Best wishes!

CA

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg