It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:45 am 
New Poster
New Poster

My doctor is currently researching to determine if it will be safe for me to take Tramadol for my back problems. She knows I my addiction problem peaked with painkillers. Anyone have any experience with this med? I have to have something to help my pain, but I don't want to relapse. I ALSO just got diagnosed with emphysema yesterday, and am struggling with that. oooooooooh, I don't want to be on narcs anymore, but the pain is so bad. Someone please offer some kinda advice! Ted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi there,,,
sorry about your diagnosis, sorry also about your current situation with PAIN control,,,
jeesh, that's the biggest trigger ever FOR ME, anyways.....

so tramadol, ultram the generic, is a complicated drug, for US,,,,
LOL

I abused it before ever started suboxone, just to TRY and take the w/d's away.
i did experience a MILD opiate buzz, at best,,,, the first few times I took it,
but then like everything else, I just went completely overboard....

I digress,,,,
LOL
here are some older threads, with LOTS better information than I can give you,,,
I'd definitely read thru them, or scan thru them at least for important information,,,
if I were in your situation....
I put the title of the thread, next to each link

HOPE THIS HELPS,,, and please let us know how you are doing, ok?

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6511 ~~~ Ultram--a need to know

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1848 ~~~ tramadol for short term pain relief on suboxone

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6732 tramadol + suboxone

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6874 tramadol addiction

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:57 pm 

Hi Shivver11,

So I am assuming you are not on Suboxone or any other opiate pain medication, yes? If so, Tramadol may work for you. Like Amber said it can be addicting so you need to monitor yourself. It is almost 50/50 with that drug whether someone feels it or not. I am one of those who feel a slight buzz on them but I know countless others who have stated that they don't feel a thing.

Keeping in close contact with your doctor is very wise. Only you will know if you can safely take this drug or not. I have friends in AA who take it and were heroin addicts previously. They don't consider it a habit forming drug and I'm not going to tell them otherwise. They don't feel it, it helps with pain, so it's good situation all around.

You will need to find out for yourself if it will help or not. Me, I prefer Suboxone and Aleve for my pain.

Good luck and let us know if you end up having an addiction issue with it.

Rule

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello,

There is a liver enzyme that some people have and some don't. Some other forum member probably knows exactly which one... Anyway, it depends if you have this enzyme or not. That is why some people can get high from it, like me, rule and amber (3 for 3) while others do not. And I believe the withdrawals are pretty bad if you take it and build a tolerance and then stop etc similar to any pain med. Many doctors are informed incorrectly that tramadol has no abuse potential. tread carefully if you have addiction issues with pain meds.

:)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If your an addict and considering Tramadol read the Wikipedia info. If you take a combination of drug's, and bite your tongue while sleeping, could be a seizure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:48 am 

I am one of those people who feel absolutely no high from tramadol. My doctor prescribed a lot of them, but I only took them to help keep from withdrawing when I ran out of percocet. Then, I figured out that they were making my heart race and skip, so I stopped using them to keep me out of withdrawal. I still have a big ol' bottle of them here. I didn't think to throw them out because they are zero temptation for me.

So it really depends on whether or not they give you a high, and whether or not they are effective for your pain. Let us know if you end up taking them and how they work for you.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well I am a Suboxone user for about 16 months, had a slip and had to go back on it. Well, I couldnt get my Suboxone in the month of November due to finance issues. The doctor gave me Tramadol's and Klonipins to keep me from crawling the walls. This was not a good idea because Tramadol was what got me rolling on the addiction train. He has said so many times to me that Tramadol is not addictive, but OH YES it is. I know that some people dont feel a thing from them, but I was taking so many of them that I was nodding off and I was high from them.
I dont think that tramadol is a good suggestion for someone that has addiction problems. There is alot of people that might not ever have one single problem with Tramadol but I think that if you are having chronic pain, Tramadol unless you are on a high dosage or those IR ones isnt going to touch any pain that you are having.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:43 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Tramadol was my drug , NEVER took any other pain pill , other pain meds made me feel shitty.. Suboxone is 1000000000000 times more importantnt than tramadol ... Tramadol knows how to get thru the Suboxone though .. There was a school of thought around here that Suboxone should not be needed for a tramadol addiction because the risk of Suboxone dependence is higher than with the Tramadol .. I take 1 mg of Sub in the morn and the other half of the pill around 7 , Tramadol helps me with my neck pain big time .... OMG tramadol is very addictive , don't shit yourself, us addicts do that soooo easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:11 am 
Tramadol never did anything for me except take the w/d down. I used to order tramadol online from this guy on Ioffer last year. Only reason i got it was to keep the rattling down a little. Besides that. It was just... OK at relieving pain. I would grab a 50mg tramadol for aches and pains instead of tylenol or advil. Anyways.. I actually know this one detox center that gives you tramadol after two weeks of suboxone.
I've used suboxone and tramadol a few times and notices bupe does not block tramadol at all. So it's a good option for pain relief.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Never heard of a site like that, Im guessing its like Craigslist or whatever for buying Tramadols. I thought all the ones that you bought online were placebo's or fake's? I seen sites like that but was always afraid to even go that route when I was in active addiction. I know that I thought about it many times, but money was so short back then I was afraid if I got burned on something like that, we would be in worse shape than we already was.
My experience with Tramadol was a bad one. It is the drug that got me started and its what they gave me for trying to come off Sub when I didnt have the money to get it one month. I have taken the old red ones, the IR ones (which if you took enough would F you up), the 50mg white ones and the 100mg ones. Its a wonder that I didnt kill myself on that crap to be honest. My mother gave them to me when I had TMJ pain, I would set and scream with TMJ pain. It felt like someone was trying to pull my jaw bones apart with two hammers or something. I dont wish that on my worst enemy, just maybe my ex husband. Some people use Tramadol to come off SUboxone and have no problem whatsoever with it, and then there are those like myself who was put on two a day which was like drinking water compared to three Sub's a day at that time. I failed horribly. I was doing fine on two a day for a week, then I went to four a day. I ran out really quickly because my addictive behavior wasnt no where near gone, so I dont suggest them.
My Sub doc gave me a script for Clonidine and Phenergran in the case that something happened that my husband might get mad and flush my medicine (never happen, but he said you never know), or whatever the case may be. He said to stick them in the cabinet and keep them, and whenever I decided that I wanted to come off them, I would have them.
Its hard to take something for pain I think after you have been on Bupe, because you are constantly afraid of slipping back into those addictive behaviors. I have done told my husband if I ever have to have some type of surgery or teeth pullings, anything where they want to put me on Lortab/Percocet, whatever I want him to dose it to me. I dont trust myself. I have been on Suboxone for 18 months going on 19 months, with that one month slip up and all that time that I was on Sub, I still had a F up. I just wasnt mentally ready yet. If there is anything that you could try other than opiates for pain, I would try it. I know some people might not like the suggestion of THC, but I know that it has helped my husband with Gout and anything else for pain that he has had. He swears by it, I know it can bring up the addictive behaviors too by going to get it, and it is illegal but its ten thousand times more better for you than anything man made. I dont care what anyone says, its natural and grows from the ground. I dont understand someone getting addicted to it either, you might get pissy acting for a few days after you are out, but you are NOT going to have withdrawals like if you are addicted to pain pills and come off that crap.