It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:55 pm 

Aside from one persons negative post, let me get back to the subject of Tramadol with Suboxone.

My regular physician is a good man but knows very little about the effects of Buprenorphine. He just told me that if I took some hydro or oxy's I'd go into w/d's. I just nodded and didn't say anything. It's best not to insult the one who gives you the Sub.

But, he does prescribe Tramadol to me for those days that pain is bad. His advice is to take two Aleve and two Tramadol if it is one of those bad days. I used to get high on it back in my using days but the Sub seems to block that. Now that goes against the poster who said a person could get high from it while taking Sub. When I was addicted I was taking enormous amounts of Hydrocodone and Tramadol. When inducted to Suboxone, it worked just fine for both so I don't know what that poster was talking about. Maybe him or someone else can catch a buzz but not me. And that is good. I was very concerned the first time I took it while on Sub. Not anymore. Now I only take it once in a great while. A script lasts months so of course I don't get high from it.

That's my 2¢ worth. And yes, I do know this thread is almost 4 years old. The topic is worthy though.

rule