It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:14 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

So I'm so freaked out about cps! My parents will be staying with us due to my Dad losing his job, they don't know I'm on it, they would treat me like shit if they knew, now does cps have to talk to them since they will be staying here? Also my 7 year old daughter is from a previous relationship will they talk to her father? I'm afraid they will, then he will try to take her away by fighting for custody. Can they legallu tell these people my medical information? I am so scared, and I'm already 35 weeks so i don't think i have enough time to get it out of my system! I can't believe they make us go through this! For a prescribed med, what about moms on vicodin or oxycontin? I was in pain management and started feeling better, and was done being dependent, but all my meds were always prescribed, i have never done illegal drugs, and have no criminal record, so why is there a threat of losing my children?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:05 am 
mommo05 wrote:
So I'm so freaked out about cps! My parents will be staying with us due to my Dad losing his job, they don't know I'm on it, they would treat me like shit if they knew, now does cps have to talk to them since they will be staying here? Also my 7 year old daughter is from a previous relationship will they talk to her father? I'm afraid they will, then he will try to take her away by fighting for custody. Can they legallu tell these people my medical information? I am so scared, and I'm already 35 weeks so i don't think i have enough time to get it out of my system! I can't believe they make us go through this! For a prescribed med, what about moms on vicodin or oxycontin? I was in pain management and started feeling better, and was done being dependent, but all my meds were always prescribed, i have never done illegal drugs, and have no criminal record, so why is there a threat of losing my children?

The threat from LE comes in if a newborn baby is experiencing signs of opiate withdrawal. It has more to do with that and much less to do with a person taking her prescribed medication.

Good luck. I wish you a speedy delivery and a healthy child.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

First of all, take a deep breath and calm down! This kind of panic isn't good for either of you.

There are no general rules across the country for when CPS gets involved with newborn babies. As far as I can tell (I did only some cursory research), it varies depending on the state (some have laws, some don't) and on the hospital policy. If they have reason to suspect that the mother or baby has illicit drugs in their system, then they will take action, usually starting out with drug testing. From there it just depends on the hospital.

Are your doctors aware of your suboxone use? You can make it very clear to them that you do NOT want them to release your medication or medical history to your family. They cannot violate that, according to federal HIPAA laws.

As for CPS giving out your medical information, I'm thinking they can't release your medical information either. They can ask questions of people, but any medical information they have, they can't release (as far as I know). Now that said, that doesn't mean that the questions they ask won't indicate what the real underlying issue is, leaving other people to figure out what's going on. Unfortunately.

I wish I could give you something more to relax you, but this is the best I can offer.

Just don't EXPECT and PLAN for something negative to happen when there's a good chance that NOTHING will happen. Try to stay calm and just enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and the holidays.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello, first let me say i know what you are going through. Cps is in my life now, have been for over 10 months due to my sister calling the cops on my fiance. Since my son was asleep in the room when the cops came, cps was called. They had us do classes and relationship counsling. They were supposed to be out of my life after that was done. The were done 6 months ago and cps is still in my life... why? Because my UA came up dirty. I had prescriptions for my meds but they did not care. As cps sees it, a parent should not take any mind alteriing drugs while caring for a child. COMPLETE B.S! If the dr. prescribed them, they should have no reason to mess with you. I dont know where you are from, but thats how it is in Texas. They threatened to take my son... because i was taking the meds my DOCTOR gave me. Its a joke. The case is closing in 5 weeks, i guess they realized i was not doing anything illegal so they had no case. But thanks to this whole scare, and the fact that i wanted to finally get clean I am now off the meds, and i am on suboxone. So i guess it is a good thing they came into my life, they gave me that extra push i needed to get clean. Sometimes personal will power is not enough.

I wish you the best, and if you are prescribed the meds, i dont see any reason as to why they could interfear with you life and child. All you should have to do is get paperwork from you DR.

Try not to stress it, easier said then done. Merry chistmas and congrats on your little one. Mine will be 15 months on the 28th :)[b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:02 pm 
Ashybaby59 wrote:
Hello, first let me say i know what you are going through. Cps is in my life now, have been for over 10 months due to my sister calling the cops on my fiance. Since my son was asleep in the room when the cops came, cps was called. They had us do classes and relationship counsling. They were supposed to be out of my life after that was done. The were done 6 months ago and cps is still in my life... why? Because my UA came up dirty. I had prescriptions for my meds but they did not care. As cps sees it, a parent should not take any mind alteriing drugs while caring for a child. COMPLETE B.S! If the dr. prescribed them, they should have no reason to mess with you. I dont know where you are from, but thats how it is in Texas. They threatened to take my son... because i was taking the meds my DOCTOR gave me. Its a joke. The case is closing in 5 weeks, i guess they realized i was not doing anything illegal so they had no case. But thanks to this whole scare, and the fact that i wanted to finally get clean I am now off the meds, and i am on suboxone. So i guess it is a good thing they came into my life, they gave me that extra push i needed to get clean. Sometimes personal will power is not enough.

I wish you the best, and if you are prescribed the meds, i dont see any reason as to why they could interfear with you life and child. All you should have to do is get paperwork from you DR.

Try not to stress it, easier said then done. Merry chistmas and congrats on your little one. Mine will be 15 months on the 28th :)[b]

Looks like a blessing in disguise in a way.

I am not pro parenting while taking oxy or anything, but I think it is really screwed up that they were able to mess with you while you had legal scripts. That just isn't fair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello!!! i just found this site when i had my baby on september 25th and she came out with withdrawls so they said ... not taking in consideration that she was born c section and every sneeze and cough they considered to be withdrawl. if i knew we would be in the hospital with her for 3 weeks i would have pulled myself off it anyways honestly. i couldnt imagine putting another baby through that. the nurses where fucked up to us and treated me like i was taking herion and didnt understand suboxone at all and tried to give me perks at the hospital and made me take them together! ( yea im sueing too by the way) my lawyer says we have a good case
AS FOR CPS the hospital will make up lies about you to them ... border line slander. dont trust them. i had an comprehensive assessment due to the fact they said my loving husband who is more of a door mat then a mean person had anger issues and i didnt take care of my baby. I had early intervention come to the house to do a full eval of her because right there that's three trained professionals that wrote me an awsome report and she didn't qualify for their services. She also had a visiting nurse come twice a week for a month or less and she weighed her every time and she was gaining an oz to 2 oz a day and assured me that this certified child care provider meaning me knew what the hell i was doing. I passed my comprehensive assessment with flying colors and i dont see any reason for me not too. Just if your worried and i was too they have that affect on ppl. Use it to impower you and step your mommy game up so to say. they cant get involved if you truely are a kick ass mom. and the fact that you have a living breathing child that hopefully never have been called on before helps too! stock up on food and make sure your house is ocd sanitized. lol that suboxone should make it so theres no problem. lol good luck girley keep us updated ill be praying for you. im not even that religious but i know how your feeling right now and its scary but you can do this! You realized you had a problem and you got help for it! that has to count for something. even a woman that had a baby addicted to perks would get a cps call.
As for your family finding out that is up to them. it might be harder cuz they are gonna want to know about everyone who lives in the house and the fact that your oldest is old enough to talk just sucks cuz kids say crazy shit. good luck