It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:10 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm really happy with myself today. I can't believe it but I've been sober for an entire year!! I started my addiction treatment on 4/12/17 and I haven't touched any pain killers or any other drugs since then. Looking back over this last year is very emotional for me.

There were so many times I wanted to feel the soothing comfort of opiates. But each time that thought came into my mind I reminded myself of the suffering I went through for a short-lived high that was followed by the most painful sickness I've ever experienced. I literally felt like I was going to die and it scared me to the core.

I still have those thoughts once in a while but I'm never going back. I am committed to putting my life back together and I can't tell you how thankful I am for buprenorphine. I can't put it into words. But I feel like I was given a second chance at life and I'm going to make the best of it no matter what challenges I might face. Thank you to every one of you that has reached out to me and supported me. I love you guys!!

- OpenMind

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:17 am 

Great to hear Opened, all you have said is the truth .Keep up the work you are doing. raz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:35 am 

Congratulations on 1 year!! Ur the second person in just the last week that’s celebrated that first year. It’s amazing and u should be very proud of urself because a lot of ppl only dream of making it a year. Great job!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations OpenMind! That’s a huge accomplishment, and it sounds like you have a great attitude about recovery. I know you’ve been through a lot of stress this year but you didn’t turn to drugs to cope. Good on you!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congratulations OpenMind!

I celebrated a year of sobriety on April 1st. I was in rehab until the 5th. But I wasn't inducted onto Suboxone until April 13th, 2017. It's been the best year of my life! Tomorrow will be a full year, we're right in the same boat!

Let's talk more often, seeing how our sobriety dates are almost identical!

Keep up the good work, OpenMind!

Love,

Ash

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:19 am 

I know that you've struggled, but you've also succeeded!!! You've gotten through your first year of recovery! No one gives as good advice as you while also providing an empathic ear. You have a special gift!

I'm proud of you!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Openmind, hey buddy! I just love that name Openmind. Wow has it really been a year? Where does the time go? I just to say hang in there Open. Thank you for everything you have ever done. You are a special person. Keep on keeping on. Your forum friend, Angie