It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone!

I've been on suboxone for about 3 years...my drug of choice oxycodone/oxycotin for about 8 years prior to..Legally and illegaly..anyways all those years on oxy and 2years into the suboxone it has never effected my libido, sex drive and energy..the last 9 months its like I run out of energy to quickly and no desire to have sex...I'm 35 years old...so I went to a endocrinologist and after blood work I'm starting to get depo testosterone injections every two weeks..yesterday was my first dose..my question is for anyone who's been in my shoes both being on subs and getting the injections..did you see results and what positive benefits did you eventually see happen with yourself ?? Thanks everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:10 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I'm 32, long term methadone user, 5 or 6 yrs on bupe now.
Anyway my testosterone is low, I started on the injections and they helped a lot but now I'm on Androgel and I LOVE it! It turned my whole life around. All my bupe issues (fatigue, depression, low sex drive, inability to build muscle, etc) resolved after a week.
Edit: I realized that some might think I'm blaming bupe for my issues, however I've had all of them since I started opiates, they aren't unique to bupe alone.

Last edited by duke_fanatic on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

After you started supplementation, did you experience any of the symptoms of taking androgens like testicular shrinkage, low sperm count etc? Apparently taking testosterone shuts down your tested naturally producing testosterone. Have you noticed anything of the sort?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:59 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Well I started abusing opiates in my teens, plus I have a connective tissue disorder (which no can say for sure has anything to do with my low t one way or the other) so I don't think I ever fully developed. My voice has always been high pitched, etc.
So since starting on T-supplementation my voice has got deeper, certain things have grown, and my wife is pregnant.
All in all, I'm getting the best of both worlds. That might not last, but we only want one kid anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm really glad Duke the injections are working out for you. Congrats on the bundle of joy! That's huge.

I experience low T symptoms when on higher doses of sub - 10mg +. And lately I've realised that doses over 8mg are what's required to keep my cravings at bay if I'm going to stay on sub long term. So what I'm pondering in my head is whether to ditch the sub for abstinence, or see an endocrinologist and start medicating this long term side-effect. My history of abstinence is spotty - never quite getting 2 years clean without maintenance.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I lost complete desire for sex and would go weeks without having an erection so I illegally took testosterone at a slightly super physiological dose (400 mg a week) and it did NOTHING at all for libido. I noticed that I get very sexually excited and get lots of spontaneous erections (sorry if it's TMI) when I miss doses of suboxone for two days...it comes back instantly, but the subs squash my libido if I get back on them...test did not help me but since u have bloods showing u are low it might help u. I didn't do bloods