It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Owlcrow! SO exciting this first week off Suboxone must be. First week opiate free in a long time, huh. Well I think congratulations are in order. CONGRATULATIONS OWLCROW! lol And I'll be praying your zest for living life comes back sooner than later. You have defeated a huge demon, but I want you to promise me something... I want you to promise me that you will check in often, and that if the unspeakable happens, and you find yourself craving opiates once again, that you will get help and or get back on Suboxone before you ever take that first pill or what ever your drug of choice was. This is a recovery site and you can always come back here and let us know of any feelings that you are having, that are good or bad. Not to be a negative Nancy or anything, I just want you to know that you mean an awful lot to us and we want to help you any and every way that we can. So make me that promise hunni :D Your forum friend till the end, Angie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congrats! I just made it a week also. You are about 1 day ahead of me. Hopefully you will always be 1 day ahead of me forever.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Angie,

Thanks for the kind words and support. I don't plan to disappear from the forum. I hope my experience helps others with the struggle of quitting or deciding to continue treatment. I think the future is going to be much brighter than days of the past!

Justin,

It has been a pleasure sharing details with you along the journey. I am glad to hear your making it through. I am doing well, today I feel fine but still only sleeping 5 1/2 hours. But that is fine I have enough energy to get through the day and nights are getting better as well. I am not so worn out when I am done with work the last two days. I take that as a sign of a good recovery from the taper. Also the window of sleep time has shifted somewhat about by an hour or so, therefore I am not spending so much time in the morning waiting for work to begin.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

10 days out. I had another about 15 minute sleep improvement and have been getting between 5 and 6 hours. Work has been fine and I am waking up feeling much better no real lagging feelings I find energy quickly and going through the day is not a struggle any longer. I am recovering so quickly. I think back to February when I was so sick from dope (yuck)
I finished a methadone program by tapering a year or better before last fall. I decided to Dabble, wrong can't be done I was back to addictive behavior and using daily with in a weeks time. Just a little more.... I relapsed in September through February. I went right back to where I was years earlier and my god the withdrawals were worse.
All I have to do is think about how much damage one little bit can do and I am so scared to go down that road again. I have not had any cravings at all and am feeling confident I got this now.
I am getting way too old to play that game. I know the potential is always lurking and that is a good thing I think, if thought about as a bad thing if you know what I mean.
Blah blah blah, feeling better will check in again soon

take care

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:27 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It has now been 13 days and I am beginning day 14. Two weeks! I am still digging for energy but have been able to manage. Sleep is not all the way back to normal but managed to get 6 hours last night. When I am feeling spot on I normally sleep 6 to 7 hours so I am doing well. I would like to think a longer sleep period would help with energy issues. I knocked out two weeks of work after my jump without issue though. I am beginning the third and have no worries about being able to work. No other issues, cravings at bay, have been able to eat, no bathroom issues (none since the jump) never had temperature issues either. All in all it was pretty smooth. I think that in the end skipping until you make the transformation is key. I can only say it worked for me.
Ideally I would also have to say picking a date is not in your best interest either. I recommend listening to your body. If you have to adjust your dose do it level off (stabilize) and continue. I did that 3 or 4 times during the taper while reducing doses and had symptoms. Bupe is very powerful even at small doses below .5.
So that is where I am at along with sharing technique near the end of a taper. I hope everyone tapering is doing well as those on steady maintenance and those jumping off.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

owlcrow wrote:
It has now been 13 days and I am beginning day 14. Two weeks! I am still digging for energy but have been able to manage. Sleep is not all the way back to normal but managed to get 6 hours last night. When I am feeling spot on I normally sleep 6 to 7 hours so I am doing well. I would like to think a longer sleep period would help with energy issues. I knocked out two weeks of work after my jump without issue though. I am beginning the third and have no worries about being able to work. No other issues, cravings at bay, have been able to eat, no bathroom issues (none since the jump) never had temperature issues either. All in all it was pretty smooth. I think that in the end skipping until you make the transformation is key. I can only say it worked for me.
Ideally I would also have to say picking a date is not in your best interest either. I recommend listening to your body. If you have to adjust your dose do it level off (stabilize) and continue. I did that 3 or 4 times during the taper while reducing doses and had symptoms. Bupe is very powerful even at small doses below .5.
So that is where I am at along with sharing technique near the end of a taper. I hope everyone tapering is doing well as those on steady maintenance and those jumping off.

Your patience definitely paid off. I'm at pretty much 30 days, and I still have some of those bathroom and sleep issues. I also used Kratom a fair amount after jumping (I have since stopped), but I think that Kratom prolonged the issue and essentially kicked the can down the road. I also sort of rushed through the very end of the taper (after stabilzing at .125) - mostly due to annoyances cutting the strip - but it's great to see someone that took their time at the end there have no issues.

I did get a lull around the last week (or maybe days 20-25), so be careful of that, but it sounds like you've got everything pretty well handled!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

owlcrow wrote:
I think that in the end skipping until you make the transformation is key. I can only say it worked for me.
Ideally I would also have to say picking a date is not in your best interest either.

These are good points owl. Picking a date might only lead to unnecessary anxiety/anticipation. I always had trouble skipping days at extremely low doses, as I feel withdrawal within a day, but to be fair I was always one to rush it rather than have patience. I think getting six hours of sleep a night this early on is amazing and makes me think that, yes, perhaps tapering is the way to go. Good luck moving forward Owl, and I hope you keep posting.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Apex,

I have been waiting for the hammer to drop but it has not and I haven't gotten any indications that it will. I hope it is smooth sailing from here on out. Thanks for the words, hope all works out for you.

Kash,

I only mentioned the picking a date scenario because I had a mental battle with that at the end. Finally I decided to just take my time and let it play out so to speak. Even during the first skip attempts I was not dedicated to the plan. I pushed a bit hard on the first attempt. But the second went so much easier and the third worked like a charm in fact at the third attempt it was easier than days I dosed, throughout the tapers end. I know a lot of it is mental and if you don't put any stress on yourself for not succeeding as you go along it makes it a lot easier. In my opinion taking your time and going by how you feel really pays off, at least it did for me. On the first skip attempt I admit I was a bit disappointed I couldn't just quit but thought it through and decided to continue weaning carefully. There is no real plan to go by it is all hit and miss and each person has to go by trial and error and in the end you should be able to achieve the goal. If you want to stop you can stick with a slow taper and sooner or later you will get there is what I think anyhow.

Plan to keep posting ,

Take care

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Owlcrow, This is Woody. I read your early posts--from June where you were tapering from .25mg. Did I understand you right when you said you have been off sub all together now for some 2 weeks? If so, would love to hear about that. This is only day 3 for me--a mere infant in the full detox. By far the worst of it has been the fatigue. I am 70 but I believe in good shape for my years. There is a doc in Florida--Dr. Scanlan who detoxes people off sub who writes there are two phases in detox-mu and kappa. 10-12 days for kappa and 18-20 days for mu. He seems to believe that the second phase is when the anxiety and depression kick in. So far for me just fatigue and difficulty in getting to sleep. Clonidine at night has helped a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi woody,

Yes I have been done for two weeks now. I am under the impression because I tapered so slowly (and I was only on subs for six months) I went through the withdrawals in a slow drawn out way. I had a loss of energy, sleepless nights and waking early Jones n for my subs a lot. It took a lot of mental strength to not increase doses and sticking to the taper. Since I skipped the days and had a soft landing I have felt pretty darn good. I have been able to sleep between 5 and 6 hours now it was less a week ago. I have been able to work a physical job throughout the experience, however I would get so tired when I got home I would fall asleep say 7 or 8 pm and wake at 1 or 2 am and not be able to get back to sleep.
Since quitting I have been able to stay up later between 9 and 10 and sleep till 3 or 4. It seems to be getting better slowly. I have not had any anxiety (I did during tapering stage). All in all I am doing well.

I would like to make a suggestion. If you have any suboxone left, to take a little sliver say .125 or so and it will help. Wait until symptoms go away it took about an hour for me when I skipped. By being off for 3 days it should take very little to snap you out of misery. Then just keep stretching out the time between doses until you can do it without incident. Tapering is not a race and I experimented throughout until I found the way out without too many issues. Just a suggestion, of course if you want to move forward and just deal with it more power to you. I hate withdrawal even if not full blown so I can say I got off pretty easy. The worst of it was the first trial skip, I was quite miserable and was trying to make it in one sweep. I thought I could I was wrong. I took a small dose for another few days tried again, did better but was not quite there. I was using three day weekends for a window of time due to work. On the third try it went very smooth with only two days of .125 between attempts. Since I have been getting better every day.
I would be happy to answer any questions, and hope all is well. I thought I was getting too old to be dealing with this crap I feel for you man! Whatever you decide I wish you all the best, it seems your head is in the right place, now you just got to get your body to cooperate. Time should sort it out whatever path you take though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:42 pm 

Owlcrow ur doing great! I'm so glad ur updating ur journey, that's very helpful! I just wanted to also remind u that lots of ppl are reading, u may not always get a response, but lots are reading :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Jennifer (for the support and all that),

I am now on day 15 past the two week point. I have been very well since the jump all things considered. I have a bit of energy lag yet but it is getting better each day. Soon I hope to be able to get busy around the home and do some upkeep that needs doing without struggling to do so. I have been busy at work and somewhat after work, cleaning up after myself doing things like dishes, laundry and house cleaning without having to force myself to do it. I think my sense of pride in my belongings is beginning to return. While tapering I would let things go and it got to be a bit messy around here. That is no longer the case for the most part. Being a guy that lives alone its easy to make a mess and leave it. However that is not the way I normally do things. I like to keep my things in order, and when they all are and I am content with my surroundings (all things in there place) I will know I have successfully recovered. Right now I am still pushing through days but can say there is no discomfort at all. I will post my progress here as it unravels. Thanks for reading,

take care.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:34 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 19 coming up on three weeks. All is ok, still have not completely gotten over the taper though. The symptoms are minimal which include a "lag" in energy, and sleep issues the last two nights. Waking very early the last two nights. This is a set back to about 4 or 5 hours of sleep instead of near 6. I am hoping it is just a fluke. All in all I am dealing with this well and going forward in a positive manner. Will post later details as the unravel.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 22 now all is well. Energy is starting to come back, I'd say 70% if I had to measure it. Sleep is improving as well. I figured out that when I wake I need to turn off tv and lose the distraction. (I always fall asleep with tv on), I plan to set off timer and see if I can sleep through. I woke the last two nights for about a half and hour but was able to get 7 hours of sleep two nights in a row. That is good for me and I will be happy if this persists at this point. I'd like to say the worst is behind me now and days will just keep getting better, I hope that is the case. I will relay experience as it unfolds.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:23 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 30 today! I can't believe just a bit over a month ago I was uneasy about jumping off suboxone. I had all the fears related to going into withdrawal at the end. I never went into a bad withdrawal. The only symptoms I had were a lack of energy and sleep. I got off pretty easy considering my past drug abuse. I am still waiting for an incline in motivation, I don't seem to have a great desire to do to much. Sure I make it to work and do all the things I need to do, however I have not been out to socialize nor have I tackled the many projects I need to take care of. Other than that a bit of a struggle getting into a good sleep cycle, but think it is improving. Just wanted to document the day 30 after quitting. It has been quite the journey but I do believe more lies ahead. I'd like to see 6 months, a year etc. I know it will become a reality and am not trying to rush time either, just thinking ahead.
I will drop in from time to time to reflect and update my experience.

Take Care

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:40 pm 

Great job, OC! Thanks for updating us! I don't always respond, but I read all of your posts.

Keep plugging along!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have reached the 5 week point after suboxone tapering today. I feel pretty good. Other than not really having a lot of ambition and still not able to sleep over 6 hours I believe I am doing well. My old personality has not returned as of yet either. I am waiting for the day that I can find interest in something that excites me. I have tried doing things I had enjoyed in the past but nothing seems to give me a whole lot of joy. I am not depressed just plain lazy, I have been fine at work every day but not a lot of energy after the work day ends. The weekends I have used to just take it easy and have put off things I need to do. Normally I would not be able to stand not getting things done but I am in an I don't care mode.
I don't think my brain has returned to normal yet and have been pondering about how much longer it may take. Or is this my new normal? I certainly hope not. Things just are not fun like they used to be, I'd get going on a project of some sort and have all kinds of energy and work on whatever it was until I was done, whether it took hours or days I would chip away until I was done and afterwards feel great accomplishment. I want that feeling back. Now when I do things it is more like a chore than something I enjoy.
I have had a couple of breakthroughs, a couple of times I caught myself laughing at something I saw on TV. I really have not found too much amusing in the last six months or so. Who knows maybe it is because I am getting old but I would like to think that is not it. I am 55 in a couple of weeks and never thought I felt old. I am 6' tall 185 lbs. and consider myself to be in decent shape so I don't think it is a physical symptom but rather a mental one. I guess I am searching for that zest for life I once had. I hope to turn that corner soon, and will be sure to post when and if that happens.
Other than continual boredom and lack of desire to do things I feel good if that makes any sense. I never had any serious withdrawal I don't have paws (been there before and would know for sure) I just wish I felt some enthusiasm directed towards anything. Hope it returns soon. I am definitely feeling better than during the taper but know I have seen better days and want another taste of excitement about life, (without drugs).
Well I will just push on and hope for the best and perhaps someday soon my mind will finally return to a normal state, whatever that is.

Just sharing some thoughts about my journey,

Take Care

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey owlcrow. We both have a lot of the same symptoms. I'm still one day behind you on this. But if you are like me, even though we don't have the same motivation as we did before, it is still a lot better than a few weeks ago. I remember on weeks 2 and 3 I was always sooo tired, like comically tired where just getting up to get a glass of water felt like a serious decision. Still kind of tired but much better than before. Nows the time to build up our lives the way we want them. I am trying to eat healthy and I'm going to the gym every day even though I literally never want to. Eventually we will feel a lot better but we have to earn it. That is the paradox. With suboxone, subs gave us energy and with that came drive and ambition. Now without it it is like our brains are bottoming out and we have to find new ways to get those feelings. It is the most drawn out part unfortunately but is expected.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Justin999 wrote:
Nows the time to build up our lives the way we want them. Eventually we will feel a lot better but we have to earn it. That is the paradox. With suboxone, subs gave us energy and with that came drive and ambition. Now without it it is like our brains are bottoming out and we have to find new ways to get those feelings. It is the most drawn out part unfortunately but is expected.

This is an amazing realization Justin! It makes perfect sense. Thanks to both you & OC for this wonderful Thread. I have learned so much here that I believe will be extremely beneficial for me in the future.

Subs do give me energy & I really appreciate that now. But for the future, I do want to taper & jump. I feel like I have a peek into what my mind & body will need to accomplish to be successful post sub.

Blessings & courage to you both!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:46 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Justin,

I think your right about getting better. Like you say I remember a month ago and doing things like laundry and dishes were a complete hassle. I am easily getting those things done now. Your outlook is good and I agree that it is taking some time but so much better than during the taper and early post taper. I have some days that are better than others but a good 8 hours of sleep is not available for me. I just got my internal clock all screwed up, I wake too early and get tired early because of that and a physical job. I don't exercise but get plenty during work so I count that. I don't eat the greatest but try, I do eat at home and not reliant on fast food places, so I guess I am not that bad.
Dee Kay,
If at some point you decide to taper just wanted to let you know it really is not all that bad, more annoying than anything else, as well as a head game throughout, and takes some discipline and determination to get through, but nothing like a full withdrawal at all. I would have to say with all the horror stories I read and that I was terrified at first, but going through it I used a trial and error technique and it worked. The end was a bit tricky but I managed to make it with no serious withdrawals, just energy and sleep, no bowel issues, chills, or any other symptoms at all, I trade that for what I was going through prior to suboxone any day.

Justin, stop in once in a while and let us know how its going, I plan to continue to post progress hope you do the same.

Take Care

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next