It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I do have a couple questions, like how's your sleep been the past few nights? Is fatigue still an issue And also, do you feel clearheaded moreso than when on sub? When I quit subs I get that "fog being lifted" feeling, do/have you felt like that?

Thanks for any info. I still wish to be off subs and think taking my recovery more serious will help me, but I'm glad to know that it's very possible I won't feel depressed and angry and like complete crap for months because I can definitely make myself think I will be.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Kashhhh my sleep is actually completely fine. I fall asleep and stay asleep fine. The fatigue went away for a bit but came back around the time I got the pinched nerve. So right now it is a bit challenging because I wake up and wanna go right back to sleep. I kind of have to force myself out of bed otherwise I'll just go back to sleep or lay in bed for hours. Fighting the fatigue is hard. But again, I'm positive in my case it is caused by the pinched nerve and migraines. I felt VERY clearheaded when I first quit. But, unfortunately it came back as my depression and anxiety increased from the pinched nerve. Really I think once the pinched nerve and reflux issues are resolved, I will feel brand new. Surprisingly I felt the best during my first 2 weeks of the withdrawals.

Everyone is different and if you wanna quit I encourage you to do so. Do it smart and don't get yourself all worked up by reading bad posts. Everyone is different and I'm sure there are tons of people who got lucky like I did - they just don't bother to share their lucky experiences.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:42 am 

Ur so welcome Wii, you've been such an asset to others going through the same things u are.

Kashhhh I've noticed that there's ppl who don't have issues as much with depression and there's ppl that it just brings them down because they have so much depression they can't mentally function. I wonder why some do get depression really bad and some don't have much of an issue with it? I always had the really bad depression after stopping any opiates, every single time. But that's not how everyone is, so it does make me wonder. I also remember in rehab, most of the others were good and able to function pretty normal after just stopping opiates. I was totally opposite, I couldn't even focus on watching a movie on tv because I felt like my cravings and depression was consuming me. They'd be exercising and laughing with each other and I'd be struggling to even shower and look presentable lol. I always wondered why I was different.

Anyway, great job Wii and I hope ur pain issues get better!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Haven't been feeling too well. I have bad sinusitis on top of everything else. It really sucks but I should be doing better in a week or two.

To update on the withdrawals - not much has changed. Depression gets bad sometimes but that's mostly because I feel so band from the sinusitis, pinched nerve, and acid reflux. I am confident that when I get through these physical ailments, my depression will disappear considerably. I still don't really ever have cravings. I think it's weird that I don't, but hey it's definitely a good thing. I definitely crave cigarettes again more and more often, but I don't think I'll crack lol
Physically I don't feel too good because of the before mentioned issues. It is a little hard to stay positive when I just feel tired and miserable all the time, but I'll get past this.

Thanks again to everone who has kept up with this thread, has commented, or has really encouraged me and helped me on my journey.

I'll post again in a few days.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Gosh, wiichongo_mhngy,

I hear you. sorry you have not only one but three health issues going on. On acid reflux, one gal here had silent reflux until she stopped her doc and bup, then it showed itself. She raised the head of her bed 2", its not enough to notice when sleeping yet said makes a big difference in keeping stomach acid down where it belongs, not up in the esophagus. Pretty much ended the reflux burning.

Sending you much support and encouragement! Hang in there and keep coming here. Lot of us reading and uplifting you! best always, P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:40 am 

Hey Wii.

I have horrible sinusitis sometimes, the last sinus Infection I had was the worst of my sinus career lol. It came on after a horrible virus that caused me to be stuffed up for a week, afterwards I got a sinus Infection that lasted about 3 weeks. I had never had a sinus Infection make me feel so lethargic like that. I had zero energy and I didn't want to even walk through my house, it was tough. Every night before I went to sleep I would pray that I'd feel better the next day and when that day came and went I'd pray again and again.... didn't think it was ever going to get better. It finally did get better and I hope I never have another one that bad again. They can make u miserable for sure. I just recently got one of those steam inhalers that u breathe in steam for about 6-9 minutes at a time and I'm hoping it'll give my sinuses more relief. Maybe try something like that if u haven't yet.

I know you'll move past this and feel better :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks again everyone.

Sinusitis is improving a little bit.
My neck feels a lot better, still not 100% though.
The acid reflux is getting better with medication and lifestyle changes.

So, mentally I do feel a lot better this week.
My anxiety has been going a bit crazy though because for the past month and a half I've been having these strange vision problems. I'm not even gonna bother explaining all of my symptoms because the list is endless but it's mostly extreme sensitivity to light, tons of floaters, and sort of distorted vision. Along with tons of other things.

All of those symptoms started after I saw a chiropractor and he cracked my neck. My physical therapist who is also a chiropractor and my neurologist think that when he cracked my neck he may have accidentally put me in a constant state of ocular migraine. I do get headaches but they aren't like migraines. Some of the visual problems are similar to when I've had ocular migraines in the past.
I can't even begin to explain how hard it is to live with this. I've been getting so many tests done (still am). When the light sensitivity becomes too much I get paranoid that I'm going blind but my ophthalmologist and optometrist both said there aren't anything wrong with my eyes. All these vision problems are making my anxiety so bad. Ahhhh I hate it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sinusitis is a lot better. Feeling a bit better now in general.

Still holding on and doing good :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:36 am 

Has the depression lifted as well?

I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Depression seems to be getting better as each physical ailment gets better or goes away. Still some depression though. It'll get better once this pinched nerve is free!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just wanted to update that today marks 4 months!
I can't believe it still.

Thank you to everyone who stuck it out with me and supported me all along.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:36 pm 

4 months!!!!! Awesome progress and I hope u keep updating!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrats on your progress! Your story has helped me to keep going, and I appreciate you sharing it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks everyone! I will keep updating once or twice a week. If anything comes up that I feel should be shared, I will post immediately.

Thanks for the support

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quick update for anyone who browses this still, things have been getting better! Most of my physical issues have resolved or are significantly better. My anxiety has gotten a bit better. The depression hit me hard last week but it's gotten better. I gained back the hope I was beginning to lose. My goal was to feel better by Christmas and it seems that that is coming true. I am very happy :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:01 pm 

I'm so glad to hear it! What a wonderful post!

I hope we continue to see the positives more and more from your life. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:24 pm 

Just remember, ppl are reading every update. Even if they aren't always responding, they're reading! I've followed ur entire journey and others have too :)

Christmas isn't far away now, I'm so looking forward to it and I hope ur feeling bright and shiny by then.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Another quick update:
I am still doing good. I've conquered most of the physical things that were going on with me. The only thing that remains is this pinched nerve. The pain isn't bothersome, but because it's in my neck it causes some dreaded visual disturbances. My vision just hasn't felt right in so long now.

As far as my mental state, I'm in much better shape than I was a month ago. I get a little depressed from time to time but I believe it is because of the issues with my vision. I truly believe when the pinched nerve goes away, I will be so close to 100% again.

Thanks for all the support!

I'm closing in on 5 months. Time sure flies when you're sober lol
I will update at 5 months.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:23 am 

That's a great update!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wonderful news & thanks for the update. I'm hoping your pinched nerve will heal very soon. Vision problems aren't fun. You're so close to 5 months and I'm so happy for you!

Keep up the good work! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next