All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 81/64
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

81 days off opiates
64 days off subs

Passed the 9 week mark off of subs yesterday. Had a friend ask me for advice because, happily, they have also decided to quit using pills. Which means that I have tried to find some Subs for her. Which means that they will be in my possession for the first time since I quit.

I liken this to the fact that I had 8 10mg Percs in my possession for 1.5 months after I quit and I eventually flushed them down the toilet. These little tests may seem like temptation to some. But, once you cross the mental barrier after an extended period of time and you know how damn great you have done and have been feeling, copping one for myself doesn't enter the equation.

I've really felt great as I've posted many time I know. But I keep posting this in an attempt to help you all out too. Withdrawal from anything is going to cause pain. But the physical part seriously ends and you have to accept that it's going to happen and that you are going to get through it. And then, the mental part is a battle you have to fight every day of your life thereafter, but eventually and rather quickly, your mind reverses itself into thinking "I'm going to feel good today" as opposed to "I'm going to try not to think about getting high today". It really really reverses itself on its own the longer you go.

I still sneeze a little more than before. I still sleep a little too late like I used to on drugs. I still have some moments where I try to remember what it was like to feel numb. And then, I think about how good it feels to feel again and that 100% is better than any feeling I've had in the 20+ years I've used some kind of drug.

And I still smoke weed too. But as I've said, that's a given and it's a good diversion for me. Everyone's different and I may sound like a hypocrite because I am not totally clean, obviously, if I smoke weed. But, I do not drink, and weed has always balanced me out in an anti-depressant way. It's the only thing that has. I tried AD's. They didn't work for me. Weed does. I accept that.

But being clean off of pills this long, I know, is a huge deal. And it's only going to keep getting longer and longer because I know in my mind, the way I feel, I don't ever want to go through the pain, agony, self-destruction, wallowing, or hurt I've caused others and myself by using drugs ever again.

Keep on fighting everyone. I swear you can quit for good and feel this way if you try. Life is a lot easier than it seems without drugs.

Love yas

CHARLIE

Post subject: A Great Accomplishment
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:57 pm 

Hi seaonasdad,

Congratulations on achieving such a large step up in your life. I must admit I feel a little envious because deep down I know that the will come when my higher thinking mind will finally say it's had enough and it's time to stop the maintenance drug. The thing with the weed is no big deal to me, but may be to others. Personally I don't like MJ anymore, just don't like the feeling and my lungs just can't handle smoke from any product. Too bad, it can be used as a tool to get clean like you did.

What you did is awesome and if we had a Like Button I'd push it!

Keep on keeping on.

Rule