It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: UA's
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was wondering how long of a time frame could exist between using a sub and testing positive on your UA for subs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:37 pm 
Usually it can take your body up to 4-5 hours to produce metabolites testable for on a UA. it could be sooner for some drugs.

Post subject: concerned...UA's
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks! I did not know that. However, do you know how many days one can go without eating subs and still test positive? I have let myself run low because I am splitting my doses with my husband. If I ate less than 1mg today and eat less than 1 mg Sunday, will I be ok for my UA on Monday? Will I test positive for my Subs? I guess I am worried beings we ran out early I haven't eaten any for nearly a week and 1/2 (have had crappy WD's) but saved a tiny piece so I could still test positive on my UA...but is that enough?

Another thought....by the time I go to my appointment on Monday I will have been basically (except for the tiny pieces mentioned above) sub free....is it stupid to go? Should I just put my head down and try to move forward?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: concerned...UA's
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:28 pm 
SoDak wrote:
Thanks! I did not know that. However, do you know how many days one can go without eating subs and still test positive? I have let myself run low because I am splitting my doses with my husband. If I ate less than 1mg today and eat less than 1 mg Sunday, will I be ok for my UA on Monday? Will I test positive for my Subs? I guess I am worried beings we ran out early I haven't eaten any for nearly a week and 1/2 (have had crappy WD's) but saved a tiny piece so I could still test positive on my UA...but is that enough?

Another thought....by the time I go to my appointment on Monday I will have been basically (except for the tiny pieces mentioned above) sub free....is it stupid to go? Should I just put my head down and try to move forward?

Yes, if you take 1 mg on Saturday and less Sunday, you will test +. I only take .5-.75 per day and I test +. If I were you, I'd pick up the prescription. You can always decide not to take them. My plan is to be totally comfortable at .25 per day at the MOST before I completely stop taking Sub. Tapering as low as you can is always the safest bet.