It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Let me say Hello to everyone and that it is wonderful to have another place to communicate with people in the Suboxone treatment community. I have been on Suboxone for over eighteen months, and am very happy with how it has helped me. I started my treatment after a battle with opiates for severe pain issues- pain issues that I still have but have learned to live with after receiving the appropriate care from an orthopedic physician.Addiction has been a part of my life since childhood, but I have spent the last six years working on improving my life and educating myself about this disease.
I do not claim to be an expert, but I do feel my knowledge could be very helpful to people in need, and with the support of my mentor and friends in the Suboxone community- am now attending college to earn my degree in addiction studies with a concentration in Suboxone treatment.My goal is to educate people in need on Suboxone and how to use it in their recovery.Everyday I learn more and more and it is so exciting to see my dream take shape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Shelwoy - That's so awesome that you're going to school so you can help other people with addiction. We need more health care pro's who know what's up.

I've been thinking about getting my CDP license - I want to be a therapist but I have a lot of school to go. Chemical dependency has the shortest program though...and I have experience.

Good luck!

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I think that's a great idea for you....giving back to the "community" would be very rewarding, I'd think.

Personally, I dont think any medical advice is quite as good as when it comes from people who
are recovering addicts themselves....that have lived their words...and not just studied it from a book, IMO.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been a counselor for about fifteen years. I have done some study on Suboxone but I agree there is nothing like living both sides. I have a drug problem and have been on Suboxone about a month. I had a rocky start but it is getting better every day. From what I have found seems like all people cannot take the same dosage. I started out on 8mg and that was too much for me. I am now on 2mg and feel great. Thats good to want to help others. Good Luck :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi! Ihave been on Suboxone for about 7 months and am doing great. Like you, I have struggled with addiction since early years. Mine started with nubane for panic attacks provided by my mother who is a nurse. Since then I have taken anything I could get ahold of. Then I discovered oxy and it was all over for me. I fell in love. After detoxing in the hospital I graduated to herion. Sub. has changed my life in so many ways. I am glad to here success stories. Way to go!