It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: So....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:26 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

First off, I want to thank everyone for their support and info. The doctor was really impressed that I was able to finish her sentences. :)
It's 3:15 am. Another sleepless night. I'm a little shakey and itchy. Kind of like when you take too much opiates, but don't feel the euphoria. I feel like shit, but that could be because I slept a total of 9 hours this week. In my former life I was a cartoonist, and I put down the pen about a decade ago because I simply hated drawing. This past week what started as a doodle while I was on the phone turned into a comic strip. When I got divorced, I left everything behind, including my drafting table and a few hundred dollars worth of inks and paints. So, it will take awhile to rebuild all that over again. Wow, just realized I'm ranting about nothing you'd be interested in !! lol !! Sorry !
So, I guess I shouldn't report anything until I at least get a few hours of sleep.
Again, thank you for giving me more support than my family !! It feels great.
:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats, blue. It sounds like you're going to be able to doing something that you love and are really good at. I would venture to say this is just the beginning of your new "clean" (hate that word) life. I'm sorry you're still not quite feeling great, but give yourself a chance to stabilize. I'm confident it will get better with each day. Thanks for the update and keep on keeping us posted.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello Blue,

I'm sorry your not feeling well, that really sucks after waiting so long to see your Dr. and get on Suboxone :oops: I am hoping you feel better soon!!

I kinda have a hunch on why you feel crappy. I am by know means a Dr. or even close but I would like to think I know a lot about suboxone. If I remember correctly you haven't been taking much at all for the past few weeks with the exeception of those few pec 5's you took the other day? {correct me if i'm wrong I my be confussing your post with another one} Suboxone is very strong and a 8mgs-16mgs is HUGE for someone whose tolerance is on the lower side. I was taking over 500mgs of oxys daily and after my 1st 8mg I was feeling normal. You may have taken way to much to start with? I think your plan with sticking to 2-4mgs is a really good idea.

As far as not sleeping I know many people have to take it earlier in the day in order to sleep. The headaches spiting is a good idea for that and drinking lots of water. The itchyness is something i've never heard of but if I took a lot of oxys I would be itching like I had fleas so that may be the case or a allergic reaction to the nalxone?

Anyway I just thought I would put my two cents in! I wish you the best I hope you are feeling better and get a good nights sleep :!: :D

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I must agree with Hancal - You may very well be taking too much sub. I've heard stories of people who were opiate naive and got really sick after taking it. It sounds remarkably similar to what you're describing. Try taking less, like 4 mg and see if you feel better. With that said, I'm not a doctor either, but that's what I would do. Good luck and please let us know how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm also in the "maybe you're taking too much" camp. I'd cut the dose in half at least. You can't UNtake sub, but you can take more if what you took doesn't quite work, so start with a much smaller dose and work your way up.

Remember too that suboxone takes about 90 minutes for full onset, so give it time.

Hang in there, blue, we're here to help in any way we can!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:22 pm 
Good for you sticking out that long wait until your appointment, going through those probably unnecessary appointments with the ridiculously long drives, and getting started on treatment. I agree with the others that you'll feel much better with a lower dose. As for writing "nothing we'd be interestd in"...I think learning that you're an artist who was formerly married helps us to know you better. When I was following you're other thread I thought you were a kid :)
Anyway, congratulations and let us know how you're doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Was that because I wrote my other posts in Crayon, Lilly ? :) Thanks for your support.