It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi
I have just joined this forum and its maybe a milestone as its the first non dnm drug forum i have joined.
I have been an addict mainly for methamphetamine with opiates in the comedown phase for 30 yr but got clean 6 months ago. I have been on suboxone for that time on from what i read a pretty high dose at 32mg. At this stage my doc and i are calling it maintenance but already i am fidling with dose and thinking about getting it down.
Its great to finaly read some other peoples experiences.
Cheers

Post subject: Re: Hi
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welcome! This forum is wonderful and full of great information, I learn something new everyday by reading current and old threads. The mods and current members are very helpful and supportive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:16 am 

Hey mikib welcome!

I hadn't ever been on a forum until the first time I ever came here either. I'd been on an online NA meeting sight and chat but that was it. I wish I'd found this place when I was first entering suboxone treatment, I could have learned a lot more a lot sooner lol. But it's a wonderful supportive place, you'll be happy u found us. U may also wanna check out Dr Junig's Talkzone, it's a wealth of information for ppl like us :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi and thankyou for the welcome. Its my second day in and i have read through a number of interesting and educating posts.
I didnt realize when i joined that most of the members appear to be from the States and due to medical constraints dosing seems a little lighter than down here in Australia. Time could well prove that comment wrong but i am taking story on with an open mind.
Look forward to hearing much more.
Cheers
M

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Always nice to hear from 'down under'! Just had the thought though-- does it feel like 'down under' where you are? Just had our first significant snowfall 'up here'....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

suboxdoc wrote:
Always nice to hear from 'down under'! Just had the thought though-- does it feel like 'down under' where you are? Just had our first significant snowfall 'up here'....

Hi Doc thanks for your work, i cant believe how much i didnt know so thank you......
Yes it does feel way down south as of last week we had our first over 35 for the year in fact the first 4 in a row over 35 for the year.
Snow is just so far away from my mind that other than twice in Autralia and a couple of years in Japan i have no snow vibe.
Since joining i have already dropped my dose by 8mg down to 24mg so this forum is a pretty cool thing so thanks again.
Cheers
M