It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: PA RN
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:44 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Glad to have found you all. I, like many of you, have found suboxone to be a life saver, in more ways than just vphysical. My primary concern right now is the opinion others have on suboxone treatment. I am in the health care field.

Post subject: Welcome!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:37 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Welcome kelwolf2003 !

Glad to have another member here! I hope you post often and give feedback.

Your introduction was short, but it sounds like you are on suboxone yourself? And, you are also in the nursing profession?

Anyway - you share some career traits very similar to others that post here. I'll leave their introductions to them :)

Opinions on suboxone treatment ... you asked..?

Compared to what? I think this treatment is a lifesaver for me, and most everyone on this forum. Almost everyone that posts here in the community are very honest. We would all have loved to have had a simple way to get off opiate dependence. Everyone has tried their own ' cold turkey ' ways to quit. In the end the suffering of the withdrawal effects, and no change in their behavior left them unable to do it - that was ME!

So, suboxone is fantastic for me so far! I am able to be honest, look people in the eye again, and still hold my job. I was terrified the end result for me was some type of inpatient rehab treatment - and to be able to make a family physician appointment - get other resources - and get on a path to freedom?... You bet. Fantastic!

I hope you keep posting, and WELCOME!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:55 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Welcome! I know suboxone has changed my life for the better (to say the least!). Many on here have great experiences with suboxone. I have much to say about bupe treatment, but I can go on forever!! If you can go in a bit more detail with your situation and if we know what you are asking about suboxone treatment, it will be easier for us to respond more specificly. You will find this forum to be very helpful and if you have any questions, please just ask. Take care!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Kelwolf-

Welcome to the forum, glad to have someone here involved in healthcare. I am an addiction counselor intern and work as an advocate for Buprenorphine. There is such a profound negative stigma attached to opiate addiction within the health field. I have heard horror stories about patients that build up the courage to reveal their dependency on opiates to their doctors only to be turned away shamefully. I have read many scholarly articles, medical journals, and research studies where it is very apparent that the health care field turns it back on or ignores drug and alcohol addiction.
The only way to change this is by educating health care professionals and urging them to honor their oath to the field.

Again, welcome and looking forward to you posting!