It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hi. Just coming of subs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello. I have been lurking for 3 days now. Funnily enough also been of subutex for 3 days!! Quick run down. On / off heroin for 10 ish years. On subutex for 13 years. Been on .4 for the last 18 months. Started on 16mg. Anyway my question is. I have not had any for 3 days although I have had 150mg of tramadol. Part of me thinks this is stupid but the other part of me thinks when I fly to spain on Saturday and stop the tramadol I will have had nearly a week off subs and only a week on tramadol. Part of me thinks this will help. Fyi I have fairly felt a thing this past few days. I have also read about clonidine on here and wondered if you can buy that over the counter in spain? I will try to post a log of how it is going next week. But if I dont you know I am curled up in a ball crying somewhere.

Last edited by subuser13years on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Hi.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:41 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Good luck Subuser! you are on the right track! I hope it all works out well for you! Have safe travels.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks wonder. Fingers crossed. ..

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:56 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

You got this! as you know, you have to WANT IT! stay busy and focused on the goal ahead. Just when you THINK you can't take it anymore, take it a little more!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I do want it. I also think w/ds are very much based on your situation. I think (hope) that coming off a bit of sub whilst lazing by a pool in spain will be easier than coming off heroin in a squat with just a bucket for company in cold england !!! :-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:45 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

You can buy clonidine over the counter in spain. When did you last use heroin. If only .4 subs you should be fine, minimal s/s. Tramadol is waisting your time and setting u up for failure. It will only prolong things. Best o luck.

DB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the reply db. I knew this anyway!!! :-( I have actually been totally off smack for over 3 years. 3 days before I fly No more tramadol, .4 subs a day then try and buy some clonidine.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well. Here I am in spain. Took 150mg of tramadol in england. 11 hrs ago. My father in law bless him bought me some clonidine. I have been out for a meal. Will check in tomorrow....

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:17 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi; have you been off the .4 mg for three days now, and no withdrawls?? Sounds like you are doing great; congrats!!
Wish I were by a pool in Spain...I have to go to work tomorrow, and it will be my 3rd day at 1 mg down from about 1.5 (started at 12 mg for about 8 years). Let me know how it is going! What is Tramadol??

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi. Its now 2:30 am and decided no more tossing and turning so have got up!!!! Took last sub on friday about 5pm. Spent most of today on my own (my choice) and went out for tea tonight, although I wasnt great company. Just took another clonidine. May try to get a few sleepers tomorrow? Tramadol is a pain killer, but as db said, not the way to go!! Good luck friend...

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Finally went to bed after the sun came up!! Slept for few hours. Got up listened to music. Cried a lot. Then I was asked to drive a car to a garage which I said I would. No mean feat driving a foreign car in a foreign country!! Just got back. I have no energy at all but I dont know if this is the sub wd or the clonidine? Have decided not to get sleepers after all it doesnt matter if I dont sleep. All I do in the day is laze by the pool. All in all dont feel two bad.....

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Had a few hours sleep this afternoon. I know I should be eating green veg and the like. Went out and bought chocolate biscuits and nesquick!?!? Have really eaten today. Didnt go out with family tonight. Qanted to stay in on my own and get drunk!! So basically everything you shouldnt do on a w/d I have done today yay me!!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:20 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I sounds like you on the up if you wana eat, always a great sign to me. I am glad you found the clonidine, but your right with them the add the aspect of am I tired from that or w/d. to be honest im sure its a combo pack of both. I know how you feel with the get drunk, sometimes that is all we have to end the madness for a night. You will get better, clonidine, easy with the trams, if you are still using them you need to taper that back if you still feel bad and up the clonidine. your fog should be close to lifting bud. :D I still found for every 3 days up to a month or 2 I would have the half life kick in the ass, strong turned quickly mild to gone. great job.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sorry db my mistake. I HADNT really eaten anything all day when I typed that. But I have now just wolfed down a chinese. So all good. I haven't taken tramadol since Saturday am. X

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:31 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

glad hear, sounds like your well on you way to recovery. you sound like you feel well. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sorry ive not posted but had a shitty couple of days. on day 7 of no subs but have taken a few (6 x 50mg over the week)tramadol :-( Not sleeping much but I have had soo much worse wds than this.Am back in england now so we will see what happens.. but feeling positive.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well woke up in my own house after maybe 6 hrs sleep feeling very good. Had a clonidine last night and a fewcans of stella. Got up got dressed and took my lad to halfords so I could buy a pump to inflate my bike tyres for my forthcoming exercise! Have wired up my stereo for the first time in 3 years. Sat here blasting music and getting shivers. I love music shivers. Also when I mentioned I was crying the other day it was when I was listening to my "funeral song" which is Going underground by the jam, and I was balling my eyes out picturing my funeral. I have just played the same song in my car and was singing along to it!? Anyway I know enough to know this is far from over, but I am going to enjoy these moment whilst they last!!! :-) You can probably tell from the length of this post I am feeling a little better. A little worried about going back to work, as sitting in my home is slighty different to being worked to death, but I will cross that bridge on monday. Lol as I type this a song by the verve has just come on - THE DRUGS DONT WORK. I have also bought almonds bananas turkey broccoli.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:13 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sounds like you are doing all the right things to take care of your self! Keep it up. Your little one is lucky to have a parent who is so motivated to be healthy!!

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you rca. How are things with you?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:29 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Pretty good, thanks for asking. Still on track at 1mg and feeling just fine, so since it has been a week since I dropped I guess I worried over nothing! Most of the problem was mental; I think I am over thinking it, but don't know how to stop thinking about it! I was going to try and drop to .5 today, but now that today has arrived, I think I will stay at 1mg for at least another week. Over my drop from 12mg to now, I have always spent 3 weeks before I dropped, and haven't really suffered yet, so I'm thinking just stay the course until my dose is so small I can barely see it (which should still be fairly large because my eyesight sucks). Enjoy your biking!! :)