It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:27 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

subuser13years wrote:
Thank you rca. We did jiin the same time. Seems a long time ago now!! It felt great to say no. I saw the pack she was offering, thought about saying thank you and taking them, then pictured taking 2 a day for 8 days and said no thanks I'll take the nurofen! ! All that in a split second!!! :-) I got a buzz from that I can tell you!! On another note, ive been wondering what the real me is going to be like when im clear of subs etc? And have decided the new me will be exactly the same as the old me unless I make steps to change. I was thinking I can just stop taking subs, sit back and watch this new improved me appear. Err nah. I now know I need to work real hard at becoming the new me. (By new, I mean being sociable, exercising, eating healthy. Treating my partner how she deserves to be treated. Watch this space..........

Hey subuser. I have to say that your story is inspiring. You hit the nail on the head in the quote above. Your lifestyle has to change. I believe that during the first year of sobriety, you have to develop new habits. Eventually you will be q stronger person, and you wont have any reason to use. Keep it up and keep us updated!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:55 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

yea im with hope and you. I am in the same boat, a change, gezze what did I do before I succumb to this flat out nightmare. I try and stay busy no matter what it is(except using or subs). I sit sometimes and im like hell what do I do. my life still passing by not in a positive way, but im clean so I can complain. I try and read, listen to music, play with the kids, play guitar, anything. I guess its working so far, im still here. I try and sing but I still have a weakness to my voice. great work subuser.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the kind replies hope / db.

Today is day whatever (ive stopped counting). AND IT WAS A PIECE OF PISS TO GET THROUGH THE DAY!! More of these please ;-)

That is all..... :-)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ClearAqua wrote:
subuser....you are very inspirational to me and give me the hope that I can do this too. It's especially good to hear from someone else who is a longtime Sub user (me, 7+ years).

I am really proud for you. Please do keep posting...it is of great help to those of us "still a work in progress".

Hey clearaqua. I missed this post. Thank you for your kind words. I just want to say, if I can get off subs, then anyone can. I am such a little girl when it comes to withdrawals. (No offence if any little girls are reading this:-))

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

... I am also 6ft, 15 stone, skin head and have a tattoo. But still cry when in wds!! :-) :-) :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:37 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

subuser13years wrote:
[quote="
I am such a little girl when it comes to withdrawals. (No offence if any little girls are reading this:-))

LOL :lol:
I love your sense of humor- keep posting and leading the way for those of us about to jump!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think opiate wd turns most of us into little girls!! :)

During my first few weeks off Suboxone and early PAWS, I would cry at the drop of a hat. I remember watching American Idol with my wife. You know how they "feature" one artist with a sad story? Anyway, they did the feature and it turned out this guy's fiancée was in a horrible accident, she ended up with severe brain damage, etc. I bawled like a wee little baby.

Let's keep this between you and I, ok? :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:44 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

yea ill 3rd that. w/d suck its no fun to feel like the worst piece of shit with sickness on top. here is to a long life of opiate sobriety. :!:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Romeo wrote:
I think opiate wd turns most of us into little girls!! :)

During my first few weeks off Suboxone and early PAWS, I would cry at the drop of a hat. I remember watching American Idol with my wife. You know how they "feature" one artist with a sad story? Anyway, they did the feature and it turned out this guy's fiancée was in a horrible accident, she ended up with severe brain damage, etc. I bawled like a wee little baby.

Let's keep this between you and I, ok? :)

I cant believe im going to type this Romeo... I almost started at fireman sam (a cartoon my 2 year old watches!!! Lol. (But dont worry. I caught it before it happened!! :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

dirtyblonde wrote:
yea ill 3rd that. w/d suck its no fun to feel like the worst piece of shit with sickness on top. here is to a long life of opiate sobriety. :!:

"Cheers" db. ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

rca1004 wrote:
subuser13years wrote:
[quote="
I am such a little girl when it comes to withdrawals. (No offence if any little girls are reading this:-))

LOL :lol:
I love your sense of humor- keep posting and leading the way for those of us about to jump!

Rca. There is lots spurring me on to do this. One of those things is posting in bupe in the rear view mirror (you said you couldn't wait to read it) it will be there soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:29 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey notsubuser! How are you? I miss your posts! 13 years is a long habit (so is my 8 year one!!!) and you have come so far! So, "however" you are doing, I hope you post soon!
Xo
RCA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey again! It is "me" rca with a new username because I am now "sub free" for 3 days. I still miss you and I hope you check in soon.

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi!! Just "checking in"....still looking for that "in the rearview mirror" post?? Hope you are well! Day 15 for me! :D
rca / BF

Mahatma Gandhi