It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just thought I would check in to say still clean - day 24 I just havent had much to say. Still struggling. Although I havent typed anything I am very much using this forum. I am on here (for what feels like) hours a day just reading. Hopefully I will soon be of the mind to join in and lend people my vast knowledge of being clean and staying clean :-)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:04 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

So glad you checked in! 24 days clean!!! Very inspiring! :D

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:28 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

subuser13years wrote:
Just thought I would check in to say still clean - day 24 I just havent had much to say. Still struggling. Although I havent typed anything I am very much using this forum. I am on here (for what feels like) hours a day just reading. Hopefully I will soon be of the mind to join in and lend people my vast knowledge of being clean and staying clean :-)

glad you do ok, as stated this too shall pass, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4s4hW-oGZ0

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

dirtyblonde wrote:
[qI think)ote="subuser13years"]Just thought I would check in to say still clean - day 24 I just havent had much to say. Still struggling. Although I havent typed anything I am very much using this forum. I am on here (for what feels like) hours a day just reading. Hopefully I will soon be of the mind to join in and lend people my vast knowledge of being clean and staying clean :-)

glad you do ok, as stated this too shall pass, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4s4hW-oGZ0[/quote]

Brilliant db. Thank you!! I googled the song so I could read the lyrics!!

P.s my partner has just asked if I want her to slap me round the face to get some endorphins going. Thats support for you (i think??)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

dirtyblonde wrote:
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4s4hW-oGZ0

Tight act^

Quote:
There comes a time
When you got to let the monster inside you
Let him come on out, come on out and play

Here's a couple monsters playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJxoV5O8HUU

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:01 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
dirtyblonde wrote:

Tight act^

Quote:
There comes a time

good stuff, Its amazing how talented zappa was. on that note:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV96PHUrkd8

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

dirtyblonde wrote:
no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
dirtyblonde wrote:

Tight act^

Quote:
There comes a time

good stuff, Its amazing how talented zappa was. on that note:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV96PHUrkd8

That was good. Never realized Rob's guitarist was so talented. And on that train of thought... since it's Memorial Day, the original trend setter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjzZh6-h9fM

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:46 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey "Not"subuser- How are you doing lately?? Check in again when you feel up to it.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:46 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

subuser....you are very inspirational to me and give me the hope that I can do this too. It's especially good to hear from someone else who is a longtime Sub user (me, 7+ years).

I am really proud for you. Please do keep posting...it is of great help to those of us "still a work in progress".

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

subuser13years wrote:

P.s my partner has just asked if I want her to slap me round the face to get some endorphins going. Thats support for you (i think??)

I forgot to mention that made laugh. If not your endorphins, definitely an adrenaline rush, heh. Lucky you have a partner with a sense of humor! My ex didn't understand it at all when I kicked H years ago. She thought I'd be back to normal after a few days of detox, and was really bitchy. I ended up leaving and staying at a friend's house for awhile.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well still hanging in there. Think I am on day 30 ish. Havent felt to bad today. I know this is a touchy subject but I bought some weed last night. Me and my partner had a much needed laugh. I ate. Got lost in music for a couple of hours. And slept great. Made all the difference today. Probably why I feel ok today. It felt like I had a little holiday from stopping subs. Oh well. Back to it tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:24 pm 

I live in a state where mj is now legal. However, the stigma has not lifted so far. I wanted to try an edible that my friend had extra of, but I discussed it with my 16 year old and he feels very strongly that he doesn't want me to try it. His mindset is that only losers do mj.

I believe that my sub doctor does not want his patients using mj, legal or not. He told me that if one of his patients tests positive for THC 3 months in a row, he will stop treating them. He thinks that using mj is a sign that a person is not serious about their recovery.

I tend to look at it from the middle ground. If you are not relying on mj as your only source of happiness, if you are truly using recreationally, I don't think there's much harm to it (other than lung damage). If you are not cultivating other ways to be "happy", and you are doing mj on a daily basis, I think it could be a problem.

I personally voted for legalization of mj.

I'm glad you had a good day. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:46 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi "not"subuser!!! 30 days!! Congratulations! I have been looking forward to you posting that! You give me hope- keep it up! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:41 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I second that! 30 days is absolutely fantastic....you give me hope.

As for the MJ....I would certainly never pass judgement...only wish it were legal for you :) Glad you had a good night and day.

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks people. I had a totally drug free day at work today and am feeling proud of myself. For those that dont know I came off subs 30 odd days ago but had a few random tramadol. I have now been off the tramadol since friday. I feel better about myself not taking trams for 3 days than I do about been off subs for a month. Go figure?!?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

...been off tramadol doesnt sound right. Ive only had about 30 in my life....not taken any since friday.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:07 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

subuser13years wrote:
Well still hanging in there. Think I am on day 30 ish. Havent felt to bad today. I know this is a touchy subject but I bought some weed last night. Me and my partner had a much needed laugh. I ate. Got lost in music for a couple of hours. And slept great. Made all the difference today. Probably why I feel ok today. It felt like I had a little holiday from stopping subs. Oh well. Back to it tomorrow.

I feel you need to find what works for you. I feel any form of opiate will set you back, weed nahhh.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well here I am on day whatever. I no longer suffer all day everyday. I have waves of feeling ok and waves of feeling crap. I can take that. Hopefully knocked the tramadol "issue" on the head as well. The lady at work who gives me them offered me a pack and i
said no thanks I'll stick to nurofen. I am taking these as guess what, I have to have 2 wisdom teeth out asap!!!! Cant wait for that little delight. Anyway just wanted to post that for me day 30 ish was the turning point and I can see light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:56 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

That is just great news to hear! I think we joined this forum the same day or close to it, when that "30ish" day was still a ways on the horizon for you. I know you've had some ups and downs, but sounds like the ups are starting to last longer, and I'm truly happy for you. Now PLEASE continue to leave that poor old lady at work alone! LOL :lol:
But seriously, that is AWESOME that you turned her down! That must have felt really empowering! Great work!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you rca. We did jiin the same time. Seems a long time ago now!! It felt great to say no. I saw the pack she was offering, thought about saying thank you and taking them, then pictured taking 2 a day for 8 days and said no thanks I'll take the nurofen! ! All that in a split second!!! :-) I got a buzz from that I can tell you!! On another note, ive been wondering what the real me is going to be like when im clear of subs etc? And have decided the new me will be exactly the same as the old me unless I make steps to change. I was thinking I can just stop taking subs, sit back and watch this new improved me appear. Err nah. I now know I need to work real hard at becoming the new me. (By new, I mean being sociable, exercising, eating healthy. Treating my partner how she deserves to be treated. Watch this space..........

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next