It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Tooth extraction
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:36 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I was just wondering if dissolving suboxone in my mouth after i just had a molar removed will damage me in any way. I really dont want dry socket.

Post subject: Re: Tooth extraction
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I had 10 extractions at once, back in January..and I took my Suboxone like I always have afterward. In fact, the sub helped with pain management.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:16 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi. I am a newby here as of today. I read your post about being on Suboxone and having tooth extractions. I am curious how well the subx helped with the pain? I too recently had a tooth ectraction but a day or two before the extraction I quit the subx so that it wouldn't interfere with the opoid pain medication I was surely to receive. I was perscribed pain meds because the tooth had become very inflamed and very painful. The subx didn't seem to be helping with the pain anyway. I was only taking 4mg per day. Amyway, it took 20mg of lortab to even touch the pain. I stayed on the lortab for a few days until the pain subsided significantly - waited for 36 jours after my last lortab until I resumed with the subs - and yes, in fairly bad withdrawal by then. After 30 minutes or so the withdrawals had pretty much left me and I am continuing with the subx just as before. I was into my 17th month on subx before the tooth episode. A few days later I had my monthly appointment with my subx Dr and told him what I had done. He told me that when the tooth pain started I should have just up'ed the amount of subx I take and it would have helped with it. Which is why I am curious about how much the subx helped with your tooth extraction pain. I have chronic pains too and the subx to me doesn't seem like it helps all that much. I take tylenol and ibuprofen every six hours to help with the pain. Don't think I could get by without it. Anyway, if you happen to read this I'd really appreciate you to elaborate a llittle since I kniw I've got more work to be done on my teeth. If anyone else cares to share their experience I'd appreciate that too. Thanks a bunch.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There's really not much to elaborate on, I kept taking my suboxone normally. No quitting a couple of days before, no slacking off. And under no circumstances do I EVER get pain meds from the dentist. There's really no need to, if you read this forum and the posts about using Suboxone for pain, you'll find all the answers you need on the matter. When taken in smaller increments more often, versus 8mg at a time 2 or 3 times a day, Suboxone can drastically reduce pain.

Your doctor was right. And I had 1 surgical extraction, and 9 regular extractions. I also had gas, but the dentist said I was one of the few that nitrous has no effect on...so the gas did no good for me.
I had all ten extractions in one sitting, and dealt with the breakthrough pain by..doing nothing. I slept a few hours after I had it done. That was it.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.