It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

So here is my story in a quick sum I got a toothache (a severe one) a little over a week ago... one of those where you can feel your heartbeat in your face and is just debilitating... so I decided to use Suboxone to manage my pain... well I took it for 8 days which helped the tooth but made me feel sick to my stomach and not wanting to do anything for the entire week... but ANYWAY I took 4mg the first 2 days, 2mg the next 3 days, 1mg the next day, and .5mg the last 2 days. My question is, will I withdrawal?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Prior to the toothache, and taking the suboxone, did you misuse other opiates/opioids? If so, what drugs and for how long? My best guess would be that if you didn't have any prior drug use or addiction history, and only used sub for 8 days for pain, although ill advised, you shouldn't have much in the way of withdrawal to deal with? May I ask why you used suboxone for the pain?
A bit more info should help better answer your question.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Well, here's the deal. I went to the dr. and he prescribed me Tramadol, which you know if you've ever had severe tooth pain in the root, is a fucking joke. I AM a former addict (which is probly also why he prescribed me Tramadol) so I thought it would be wise (while trying to find something strong enough to take away the pain) to use something I couldn't abuse, because I don't trust myself. And because I had to go on the streets in search of a painkiller my options were limited. So I thought "Well, Suboxone is strong enough for heroin addicts, but is hard to abuse, so it'll get rid of my toothache and won't tempt me to relapse"... then I read a bunch of shit online about how Suboxone is like Methadone in that it has a delayed/extended withdrawal period. So now I was wondering if I'm going to withdrawal or have any negative effects.

EDIT-Oh, but no, I haven't taken any opioids for a year prior to this.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok, I understand, thanks:) yes toothaches are horrible as I well know and understand as I now have dentures myself due to severe dental problems and terrible pain. .. so I know! Being that you haven't used anything else in over a year, and you only used sub fir 8 days, I dint think you'll have any symptoms of withdrawal to speak of. Maybe a bit of insomnia or anxiety, but I think you'll be alright. Have you taken care of the dental problem causing you pain? I ask because, as I'm sure you already know, pain can be a relapse trigger. Have you any plan in place not to go back to the streets for relief should you have another episide of pain? Tramadol on its own sometimes isn't strong enough for severe pain, but I've used it in combination with ibuprofen or naoroxen/aleve, and have found that the combination is quite effective. Have you tried that?