It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:06 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I took 1 8 mg suboxone film at 6:30 this morning not sure I did it wrong but I've had an awful day of wd's & been sicker than I've ever been... how long till I take my regular medicine & they will work??? Thank you for all help!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello,

Sounds like precipitated withdrawal. Happens from taking the suboxone too soon. Below is a link and excerpt from a dr Junig blog entry on the subject I highly suggest you read it. I will also add that if you are wanting to go on suboxone, it still can be done. What you're going through now sucks bad but you can either use or go on suboxone - neither will make you better faster.

Good luck

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/precipitate ... -now-what/

Quote:
If you have PW (I’m sick of writing out Precipitated Withdrawal), the most important thing is to FINISH THE INDUCTION! Complete the dosing of Suboxone, as quickly as possible—take the full 8 or 16 mg. If you stop the induction early, after only 4 mg, you will likely end up using later in the day to try to overcome the block.  That gets real dangerous, and only prolongs the misery– and in a few days when you finally have the Suboxone out of your body you will still be using. On the other hand, if you complete the dosing of Suboxone– take the full induction dose of 8 to 16 mg– you will be at a place where no amount of using will overcome the block (so don’t even try!).  Try to deal with the withdrawal in the usual manner (clonidine, immodium, warm bath) and the next morning take another 16 mg dose of Suboxone. Keep dosing each morning—DON’T mess with multiple daily doses as they won’t help and they can potentially make it worse (if you take very large doses of Suboxone it becomes a pure antagonist). If you just keep dosing 16 mg per day each morning, by day two you will be much better, by day three you will be 90% better, and by day 4 you will be out of withdrawal. It’s fast—unless you play with it.

By day 4, you’re done with the misery and on Suboxone. Your addiction will be in remission, provided you do the other things required to get better—things which are usually fairly easy to accomplish if you have some level of desire for the sober life. And it is wonderful to have the chains removed! Once you are at this point, KEEP TAKING THE SUBOXONE! I read the comments at some sites about ‘coming off sub’—it is important that you understand that virtually ALL of those people—the ones who go on Suboxone, get their lives back, but then believe some idiot ranting that ‘they aren’t really sober’ and go off Suboxone— will only be using again, probably in a matter of weeks. It is so unfortunate… people go to these message boards and read ‘support’ and ‘encouragement’ to ‘get off Suboxone’, usually doing the taper wrong, suffering through unnecessary withdrawal, and blaming their misery on the Suboxone…  Then they write with excitement how they are now ‘really clean’… But in a week they are gone from the message board, too busy to write, scrounging up money to buy dope—or more likely, selling their computer for the money for dope. It doesn’t work, people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you take an agonist now you may get some mild relief that will gradually get better as the Sub wears off.

Or you can wait and allow the precipitated withdrawal to wear off. Both will be in a similar time frame. One will actually get your induction on Sub over with. The only will leave you needing to re-induce later.