It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Unfortunately, I decided to take a little vacation. :cry: :cry: :cry:

We can talk about this later, but for now I need to know when is it ok for me to take my 8 mg sub dose?

I had been on suboxone 8 mg 2x a day for three weeks, did not take my dose 2 days ago, and used yesterday 4 times throughout the day (IV heroin). I haven't used since about 10:00 pm last night, and it is 9 pm where I am now.

I have heard conflicting things on this. One school of thought seems to be that one who takes a vacation as short as mine still has enough sub in their system that they may take it about 10 hours or something after without risking PWD. The other school of thought seems to be that it is as hard again to induce as it was the first time you took sub. Id appreciate you opinions on this matter! thanks, found a few things from searching but I am still a bit confused, sorry if this seems redundant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey dizzle,

As far as I'm aware, it's not so much how long since your last shot of H, but more importantly, it's how you feel. You need to be in mild to moderate wd before taking Suboxone to ensure you don't go into precipitated wd. That's the general guideline.

I don't know about short relapses though?? I would think the same rules from above still apply??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome, I have never stopped sub and started again but I would think 24 hours from your last fix would be adequate. Usually you are supposed to wait until you are in mild to moderate withdrawl before inducing. Since you were only if sub 2 days you probably still have some in your system. However there is no way to know for sure so if you wanna play it safe I would wait until I was having withdrawl symptoms. Sorry I can't be of more help and hopefully someone who has experienced this will post. I have read about a few people who continued to switch between sub and there doc and after a while found sub wasn't working for them anymore. I just want you to know this so you don't mess up your chance with sub as it may be the only hope you have left. I hope you get back on successfuly and can stay on and begin your recovery, you can do it!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

about two hours after that post I made I took my sub dose. I stumbled across further sources convincing me that if you already have sub in your system, especially for only a day vacation like I did, then you can take sub again without any risk of pwd. I am a testament that for at least me this is true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You beat me to it Dizzle, but I'll comment anyway. If someone is on suboxone and only stopped it to take full agonists for a couple of days or so (whether to relapse or to treat acute pain), one only has to wait about 12 or so hours to go back on suboxone. So it sounds like you did the right thing. If you have more questions about this, just ask.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.