It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:01 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi All,

I need some help. I have my issues with using heroin and took my last shot this past Friday due to a drug test for court ordered counceling. On Saturday, I took 8mg of suboxone during the middle of the day and then Sunday very early in the morning around 5am I took another 4mgs. I learned after that the test most likely will test for buprenorphine. I almost never take subs, so I was def clean of the buprenorphine when I took them. The test is this coming Friday. Will I be able to pass the test??? I know it depends on metabolism and what not. I would say mine is about average. I've looked all over and only have been able to find info on people with long term use. Not someone like me that only took 12mgs less than a 24 hour period. Please help!!! And please only posts from people that truly know the answer to my questions (PS I know the half life). Thanks!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I did some digging on the internet and it says where the half life is 72 hours, every 72 hours after your last dosage 50% of the medicine is metabolised out of your system. So, it looks like maybe six days? It didnt say about weight or the amount of the dose, just 72 hours after the last dosage half of it metabolises out.
I will do some more digging and see if I can come up with anything else. Its hard to find specific information on Google, I know what you mean there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Apparently somewhere on the Suboxone.com website, there is supposed to be some information that tells how long it will stay in your system to test positive for a drug test if they test specifically for it. I looked around and I cant find it myself. However another post that I ran up on Google, not sure what site it was says about 8mg takes about a week to come out so I guess half every 72 hours would be about a week. That is insane length of time, THC doesnt take that long or does it? Heh, just dont do like I did and take a dose of Robitussin cough syrup the night before testing. I showed positive for MethAmphetamines. The doctor laughed when he seen it, he knew that I wasnt smoking Meth lol. You can look at me and tell that I aint hooked on that crap. Just a problem with pain pills is all.
Hope that I helped some, I guess it would be hard to give an exact length of time.Is there anyway to explain to them why you did it and they might understand? Sometimes if you explain a situation to people, you tug at their heartstrings. I dont know though. From what the information scattered around on the internet says, about a week maybe a little longer.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I looked on Erowid for you and this is what I found:

http://www.erowid.org/pharms/buprenorph ... ting.shtml

Buprenorphine
Tested for in Standard Drug Tests?
NO
Tested for in Extended Drug Tests?
Sometimes
Possible to Test for?
YES
Detection Period in Urine
2-4 days

There's a bit more info on the link I put above. The 2-4 days they give, as I understand it, is for just one or two uses, because it obviously doesn't apply to everyday users. I hope this helps you.

(Erowid is a good site for getting info on all kinds of drugs, from street to legal.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

From personal experience...

A couple months ago I ran out of medicine early and had to test at sub doctor. Now keep in mind this was a lab test and they were specifically looking for the amount of bupe in my system. I had been out of meds for about a week and the doctor said I did not have any in my system. He said the markers were there for it but no actual Bupe. I had been taking about 4mg per day up to that point.

You can take that as it's offered, definately not an expert opinion and I don't know what it means that I had the markers and not the drug in my system...