It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well, the next 24 hours are going to be fun. I was prescribed Suboxone Films. I didn't expect films, I just assumed it would of been the tablets. It says to place two strips under the tongue everyday. Well...im confused...am I suppose to take them at the same time or one in the morning and one in the evening? They're 8mg films. What if thats too strong? UGH! Is that a "normal" dosage? For some reason, it seems like a lot? I'm so stressed about WHEN exactly to take my first dose. I mean I know I havta be in withdrawals..but, how bad do they have to be? Theres the COWS...but, I won't have a couple of those symptoms anyway. So I cant really go by that. All my doc said was "You'll know exactly when to take them" Any help, plz? Thanks in advance guys :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:42 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

What type of pain meds were you using and for how long? How long have your been at your most recent dose? I was on a moderate amount of oxycontin for almost 2 years. I weaned down my dose prior to inducing. After suffering through almost 2 days of WD i finally took 1/3 of a Suboxone film and it worked. I kicked my habit and tapered my suboxone use in 2 wks. Many others on here seem to be riding the sub train for a very long time than have difficulty coming off the sub. I know everyone is different but you have to know it all starts with you. If suboxone helps you stay away from using opiates than do what ya gotta do. When you can tell your Dr. , Dealer or who ever you don't want anymore pills when they are staring you in the face, then you have a shot at recovery. Just my 2 cents, you can get off this with a little sub help in a short period of time if you really want it. I only had 3 subs to work with to get the job done and I did. I wish you the best, stay strong and positive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey cherish,

I just now caught this post, I wish I would have seen it earlier.

Anyway, I would think starting off with half of one film would be a good start. Wait about half an hour or so, if you're not feeling better, take the other half. If I were you, I wouldn't take both films at once, I think that's too much for where you're at.

As far as when to take them, if you can't go by the COWS scale.....make sure you're feeling fairly crappy.....that's going to be about the safest way to avoid any trouble. I waited 24 hours and was feeling pretty darn crappy before my first Suboxone dose and it worked great.

I wish your doctor would have given you more clear instructions.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks y'all. I ended up taking a whole 8mg film after 20.5 hours. LOL even at that time I sat and stared at the little package debating with myself. I ended up pm'ing a friend on this forum (she has helped me keep my sanity) and told her my problem and she caps hollared TAKE IT NOW! LMAO...That's all the push I needed..I did good. But, Im not diggin' the 2-8mgs a day. I felt OK..(wds gone) but after several hours..I felt w/ds coming back ever so mild. So, I debated again...and just 4mgs. Its done the trick. I do have a mild headache. I'm going to take 4mgs in the am and another 4 in the evening IFI feel like I need it. Thats all I know to do at this point. I'd MUCH rather only take 4mgs for the whole day. Wonder if it would be better to do that with 2mgs in the morning and 2 in the afternoon??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's more than likely going to take a few days to build up in your system so you may notice you take more Suboxone the first few days, then you might find you can cut back with ease after you have some built up in your system. I think it's pretty important for the first little while to really address your symptoms, try not to worry about taking too much. Like I said, after a few days, you should be able to cut back if you feel like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Romeo. I agree. I also think I'm obsessing and making it more complicated than it is. lol I'll admit it. I have to say I feel I felt much better after the second dose. I'm hoping tomorrow is better :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh and, I had an emergency visit to the dentist this morning while in withdrawal..no fun :/
I cracked a bottom tooth in the back of my mouth a few days ago. I woke up with a grapefruit in my jaw. Got some Cephalexin. Thank God, it doesn't hurt...just tender. HOWEVER- I am scheduled to have it extracted along with the one beside it, on Monday. I don't know what I'm goina do about THAT. I'm bettin' on finishin up my anti-biotic and cancelling til April. If the infection is gone...I'm not dealing with that now...I swear, its always something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You're not the only one who obsessed about their induction, I got so bad my wife almost had to bitch slap me back to reality!! :D

Look at it this way, the hard part, the wd before induction, is over. Now, it's onward and upward for you!!