It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Too late to turn back?
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:42 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I feel Im at a bit of a crossroads in my situation, and Ill explain why.

Around March of this year I began messing around with Oxy, a few times a week I would snort a 40 or 2.

Then of course it became more frequent, and more frequent, untill it way daily.

I have been doing then daily for at least 7 weeks or so, sometimes as much as 200MG a day.

I went to a methadone clinic today, but didn't get signed in because I didnt have my health card on me (I live in Canada)

After that I have been reading alot online, and I think Suboxone is a better route than methadone.

Now my question is, since its been about 2 months of daily use, should I just man up and go cold turkey or is it too late even now (regarding significant WD symptoms)

I work full time, and I love my job, and I cant take any time off or be useless at work, which is my main concern right now.

So am I past the point of no return already?

I dont have a problem going to a inpatient clinic for a month if thats what it takes, but I just cant get that kind of time off.

So is suboxone maintence my best bet, should I try and go cold turkey?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jlakie94:
hey, just curious how you are doing and what rounte you have decided to take. Maybe it was a good thing that you did not have your medical card that day for methadone is a difficult router. I hope you have found a path to suboxone. Please write and let us know what is going on with you for I am concerned.

Post subject: how you are doing??
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:19 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi jl94,
I hope you are doing well in whatever route you took....
I am not a Dr. so I won't suggest a route for you, But, I can tell you about my experience on Suboxone.
I had been using a lot longer than you were and using 300 - 350 mgs. / day of oxy's.. I have been taking Suboxone for about 4 months now and feeling very good ( and clean.. ). I too have a job where I could not loose much time so I am greatfull for the medication. I can do my work and live my life without the fear of running out of opiates and getting sick!!!!
Suboxone has been a Godsend for me I take 16mgs. / day and have no cravings & no w/d feeligs at all!!
Whatever you choose, I wish you well. Please check back and keep us posted on your progress.
Good luck!!!
TW

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi jlakie94, After less than 2 months of opiate use, I personally think it would be the wrong decision to extend your opiate dependency by going on months or years or Suboxone maintenance. JMHO, but if you cold-turkey it you will feel like crap for maybe a week and be done with it. If you go on longterm Suboxone treatment you will put off the withdrawals for months or years, while you are on the opiate in Suboxone, but you will either need to stay on it indefinately or when you taper off it you will have longer withdrawals and then likely Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (for months). If you had been using for 7 years instead of 7 weeks my advice might be different, but for your situation I'd suggest you grunt through a week of feeling crappy and then avoid opiates like the plague. Whatever you decide-- Good Luck to you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just man up and go cold turkey. You can't take time off work? Are you one building the Thai-Burma railroad by any chance?

7 weeks of daily use is NOTHING. If you aren't able to quit cold turkey now, when will you?