Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello. New here. Glad to be here. I am on 3 5.7 zub

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry...anyway...I'm on 5.7 zubsolve tabs 2 in the morning and one at night. Helps a little with the pain But not for long. I maybe get 6 hrs out of the morning dose and wake up feeling like shit everyday. Been on bupe for 3 yrs now. Does anyone else take a high dose and only get little relief? I understand the medication isn't for pain per say but it's should help some right? Idk. I was a chronic pain patient for 8 yrs then to suboxone films , then subutex then bunavail (which sucks badly) and now zubsolve. I just feel a relapse coming on due to the pain. I'm just scared to death. I don't want to go back to that nasty world of active using...sorry so long.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:41 pm 

Hi AtoA, So, is that like 16mgs? I am sorry I don't know more about other products. I can tell you, I started at 24 mgs and I am now at 8. I feel it helps alot with the pain I have from osteoarthritis. I also find that it helps with depression. I take 4mgs in the am and 4 mgs in the pm. I know that for addiction reasons its good to dose once per day. But, for me with the pain, I split it up. How high of a dose have you been on? If you are using it for pain, why not talk to your doctor about increasing the dose? I hope you find a way to live pain free!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:13 pm 

A2A,

Can you give us a little history of your using life? IMO, it is too high of dose, but I'm not you and don't know what your drug of choice was. If it was H then yes, it may be a correct dose. 5.7 mg's of zubsolv is supposed to be the same as 8 mg's of the film. It just does a better job at absorption so you need a little less. At least that's what I've read so far.

You need to be having this conversation with your doctor though. The last thing you need is a relapse on pain meds. And BTW, buprenorphine seems to work better for pain when taken in small micro doses. Whether or not you can taper down only you know.

rule

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello Michele F... I am at 17.2mgs per day. Split dosing. 2 in am and 1 in pm. When I was first put on subs I was at 32mgs. Got down to 24mgs. Now with the zubsolve the 17.2 is supposed to equal 24mgs. I am taking it for addiction and pain...but as my pain gets worse working my job, its just not helping. I am going to the doc tues and I'll try to see if I can get it raised to help. Maybe add one at night so or would be 2 in the morning and 2 at night. 20.8mgs total. How do I ask tho? I don't want him thinking anything negative of me...I'm not trying to get more so I can get high...this stuff doesn't get me high, (I've tried a lot of times) but I'm now on the right track but the pain is just so ridiculous. I've had back problems since I was a teen, injured skateboarding, and I've had a couple bad car accidents since and I work a labor job taking care of swimming pools. I can't change job's because it's all I know and I love it. But the pain is making it hard. I've been missing days of work and just feel like I'm starting to lose it. There's times I feel like "fuck it, I'm sick if this shit, I'm getting high" but I know what that leads to and I just can't do that again...I mean I'm not sure if I'd survive another relapse. The last time about 8 months ago...I relapsed...took mdone for the first time ever. Started at 40mgs and then started taking 40-80mgs 3xs a day...and then I started dosing 100mgs "as needed". It was bad. I spent a lot of money and lost a lot of trust. I'm just feeling stuck. My shrink says "you just have to deal with the pain because recovery is more important". I agree Its important...but she doesn't have to live my life. She doesn't feel my pain. I get so Fucking frustrated.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:35 am 

Hi AtoA, Have you been on a high dose of suboxone in the past? I am not sure what the answer is. I always think honesty is the best policy so I would hope that your doctor will listen to you and adjust your dose to what he feels is best. I also take celebrex which really treats the osteoarthritis. I feel the suboxone treats the pain too. I feel so bad for you having to deal with chronic pain. I hope you can get relief soon!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:25 am 

Hey addicted,

Ur definitely on a higher dose than most start out with. Most of the ppl that use bupe for addiction and pain, take several smaller doses throughout the day. If ur not wanting to go to small of a dose, then can't u try one zub in the morning and one in the afternoon and the last one in the evening? That could possibly work better for ya. It's just my opinion, but I doubt asking ur Dr for more will get u any different results. I don't take bupe for pain relief but everyone that I've heard on this forum that does, takes smaller doses throughout the day....like every so many hrs. I think that just splitting up all ur doses is worth a shot.

U definitely need to sit down and be 100% honest with ur Dr though, especially since ur feeling so close to relapse and not feeling better. Maybe the two of u can go through some trial and error until ur pain and ur anxiety is under control.

I really hope that u can get some relief, this treatment can be such a blessing and lifesaver. I hate to see ppl struggling. Please keep us updated on what ur Dr tells ya.