It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Too dose or not to dose
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tomorrow is projected quit day from 2 mg. I have NO ENERGY and keep dozing. UGH :x I have some errands to run tomorrow and of course, work tonight then 10 days off. Ive been preparing for my new job for Nov. Yesterday I got my physical, 10 panel UA in 2 cups? (I had a Dr note on hand snd I did take Xanax and have a script, I plan to stop again after WD's from Sub-I need it to sleep( been doing rapid taper so not slept in a bit),its for my anxiety which Is through roof now with quitting sub AND my job. I told my Dr...no more scripts for Benzos so I'm not worried) I went months without but wanted them as comfort med along with clonidine. I went to offer the note to the nurse who took urine and she said "NOPE...don't disclose until something comes back...if it does" but I took 2 the day before and haven't heard from the facility yet so Im worried about that of course. SO...Do I take my 2mg to get going and tie up loose ends before tomorrow (have kids and need to get food in house, laundry done etc...)then head to work or just not dose and tough it out. In 3 years I've never skipped. The fatigue is debilitating. Just to ease my mind as this job is one I've wanted all my life...If I have a script and a note, will it ruin my chances at this job In the heathcare field?? I'm a CNA, or PCT in some states. Thanks in advance for advice.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:19 am 

Hey M CA,
Taking on more dose I'm will put you back some.
Idk, start today, start stopping tomorrow, don't really think it matters.
I've read some of your posts. Very glad you have found your dream job. Congrats on that.
I'm just a little confused as to why you need to stop sub treatment at such a critical time in your
professional life.
If it's time to stop, OK, Kool, but is it because of the health field your entering
that has you stopping?

U no, maybe there just is the a "best" time to quit sub..

Best of luck.... Razor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It just simply the fact that Im ready. I HATE taking it and I finally have the time off of work to be "sick" then start fresh. Been wanting to quit for over a year now. My main reason is the "fog", its affected my well being etc...I need to find myself and want to feel free of this med. Ive tapered from 16 and once I start a new job then I have to feel like crap over time tapering again and adjusting etc...Im just so done with it and doing it while I have time, motivation and support. That's all.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah...and not to mention my Dr who takes insurance and whos been awesome in no longer prescribing as of 12/31. He says its consuming his practice :P

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

In my opinion 2mgs is still too high of a dose to jump off completely. My doctor advised me to cut back by half milligrams every other month and sometimes there will be a need to go up a milligram or half for a while and go back down but he said that every time we yo-yo like that it gets a little bit easier to stay lower until you can finally jump. I think 1mg cut in half so that you're taking half of a 1mg tablet/strip once a day for two months to get your body used to the low milligram is a good cut off point. But, with the stress you are having over your job and everything it might not be a good time to quite completely and at the low dose I mentioned it shouldn't affect the way you feel other than keeping you from going through withdrawals so heavily. It shouldn't put your mind in a "fog" at all. But, I'm aware everyone's body chemistry is different. So, my advise would be, if you really want to quit, do a slow taper over the next few months going down until you reach 0.5mgs (500 micrograms) and jump off from there. Take at least two months between milligrams and two months at the last milligram before you jump. So, next month go down to 1mg, stay on it for two months, the go down to 0.5mgs and stay on it for two months. Altogether about four months to taper completely if you don't need to go up and down due to stress, withdrawals, etc. I would give myself a half a year to be flexible. Lastly, I'm also a CNA and have been one and working for about three years now. Being on Suboxone hasn't threatened my livelihood at all and, if you have a doctor's note and/or valid prescription for something, Suboxone or anything else, you don't need to worry. They cannot fire or refuse to hire you for being on legit prescribed medications. But, if it's the Suboxone you're worried about showing up in the urine test don't; they need to specifically search for it. Suboxone will not show up on most, (those not equipped for locating it), ten panel/five, etc, urine tests. Well, good luck with whatever you ultimately decide to do! I'll be sending you all my positive vibes!

Sincerely,

~Ami

My sweet girls; Hermione & Ginny. My little adopted fur-babies since summer 2013! ^__^

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Not worried about Sub showing in any preemployment tests, I am just DONE. I cant think straight (been a year, been in a fog, no sex drive, motivation etc...) Its time to end it. Over 3 yrs I got down from 16. My Dr says to taper below 2 is only prolonging the misery and I agree. I am very sensitive to a drop so may as well do it all at once. Today was day 1 of no Sub and I was OK other than a constant buzzing, droning in my head.I'll see what tomorrow brings as I know I have a few days before it will hit. We all have our own reasons and I dot want to start a new career on this shit. I want to think better and try to recoup my memory. I am just not good at tapering and with me its all or nothing but so far...1 day :P sub free

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:59 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

MelissaCNA wrote:
Not worried about Sub showing in any preemployment tests, I am just DONE. I cant think straight (been a year, been in a fog, no sex drive, motivation etc...) Its time to end it. Over 3 yrs I got down from 16. My Dr says to taper below 2 is only prolonging the misery and I agree. I am very sensitive to a drop so may as well do it all at once. Today was day 1 of no Sub and I was OK other than a constant buzzing, droning in my head.I'll see what tomorrow brings as I know I have a few days before it will hit. We all have our own reasons and I dot want to start a new career on this shit. I want to think better and try to recoup my memory. I am just not good at tapering and with me its all or nothing but so far...1 day :P sub free

Well, everyone's chemistry is different and some people need to keep tapering below 2mgs and some don't. Good luck with your newfound freedom. Take care! ^__^

My sweet girls; Hermione & Ginny. My little adopted fur-babies since summer 2013! ^__^