It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:11 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I finally just made an account on here after just browsing various topics. I tried searching for this topic but couldn't find anything. I’ve been taking suboxone films for roughly 6 months. Every once in a while I’ll get the tablet instead. Whenever I take my dose each day I try to not swallow any saliva. Just about every time I am finished my tongue becomes numb for 15 minutes or so. I only get this affect from the films. I have started to enjoy my tongue's numbness feeling. I have noticed that after time has gone on it doesn't get as numb. I was just wondering if this happens to anyone else or if anyone has any information about the topic. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:58 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Fireman I have had a numb tongue also, lots of times. It does not happen as much anymore I've been on them 4 months
so I guess I'm getting used to them.
Mel :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:53 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

i too experience the sometime numb tongue experience. it seem it mostly happens when the film is a stronger tasting one. i receive the subs in a box and some are stronger tasting but come from same box, anybody know why some are stronger tasting? i had posted a thread earlier about strong taste/smell these were from my husbands box last month. his had an expiration date of 5-2013 now this month both our boxes are the same expiration date of 5/13. its not every strip just some.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have also opened up a new strip and smelled the chemical smell right away sometimes. It is definitely stronger on some strips than others, and that makes me wonder if some strips have more med on them? This would not be good for someone tapering to really small doses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:26 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Not sure how you take your suboxone, but my tongue becomes somewhat "numb" after each dose regardless of the taste. I’ll try to look out for the ones that are stronger tasting to see if I notice a difference. I am not sure if it bad that I enjoy this or not because I do enjoy it.

Taurus, I don't think the flavor actually has anything to do with the actual medicine, but rather a sweetener to taste better than if it wasn't present, otherwise the subutex would have the same taste unless it is the naloxone which I doubt. I'd rather taste the orange flavor than the subutex that tastes like chemicals from a lab or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't think it's the flavoring that I am smelling and tasting. It is a chemical smell/taste, so that's why I thought it was the med. I'm not too worried about it yet anyway, since I'm not tapering anytime soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tell yourself it's cocaine ... freelapse!