It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: buzzing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The "buzzing" or euphoria only happens the very first time you take Suboxone after being in w/d, after that you will never feel a "buzz" from it again, just a feeling of calm and content that you don't need your DOC anymore and you are not going through violent/awful withdrawal. I am amazed that you only started with 6mg... usually when I go into detox they have started me at 8 the first day, then up to 16 the next day, then back to 8, 4, 2, etc.. until the taper is over. But if you are doing ok then stick with however he is dosing you. The cravings should go away soon, too... but maybe they would've gone away already if he had started you a bit higher? I don't know, I'm not a doctor. Just remember, even if you are having cravings, that if you take your regular DOC again it won't work anyways! So there is no point. Congrats on making it through...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You shouldn't get anymore of an opiate feeling at 8mg than 6mg. At 4mg there is a ceiling effect to sub and taking anymore than that will not increase the opiate effect. Taking doses above that level are to address cravings. No matter how high your dose it will just take a few days to a week to stabilize and then the opiate feeling will subside. Some people say they get an energizing feeling and trouble sleeping while others say the feel tired and sleep all the time. It's just individual but after you stabilize you should pretty much just feel normal. Good luck with your nap.

Post subject: Yeh!!!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:32 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Feeb, so happy your feeling better I dont like knowing someone is suffering.
But I'll tell you my 1st visit I started on 4 then 4 and 4 in the evening. Now that I've adjusted I take 4mg,2mg and 2mg in evening and thats all I need. Some days I take alittle more due to pain,i take for chonic pain also.
I find it gives me entergy if I get up and start moving around,if I sit then I'm chillin. The headache you my want to take advil,thats what I do and it goes away. I find that most of my side effects have gone away. it has been 6 weeks now for me,I LOVE IT!!! I LOVE ME again!!! And I think you will be the same after you stabilze.
I think I will start taking less soon I'm like you not wanting too much,if I don't need it!!!

How long do you have to dose at the pharmacy? is that every day or can you take home on weekends?
Anyways so Happy for you and yours because in no time you will see a Big change in yourself.
Good evening
Be Blessed
Mel :wink:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Mel,

Good to hear you are doing so well on sub!

Post subject: Breeze_Ann
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:32 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Breeze_Ann,
Thank you so much I feel great, I can't say enough how I feel normal again. I think I cried more as an addict because I was not myself anymore and I had come to believe that I would never be. Then came recovery with subs and was worried about pain management Breeze I have to say I feel wonderful. I bounce out of bed ready for my day with asmile on my face. I want to shout it from a moutain top LOL!!!!
Thanks again
Mel :wink:

Post subject: not sure anymore
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hi guys
well im leaving soon for next dose. im sure he will put me up to 8mg, as i feel horrible, i felt horrible last night too.
all i know is that i dont have the time to feel like this, it is pure withdrawl with major depression.
if the 8 doesnt work for me, i may have to say F it, because i just dont like the anxiety that comes with this.
if i were in the states it would be easier because i could break my dose throughout the day, here in canada i cant. i dont get carry homes for at least 8 weeks and i have to does once right at the clinic.
i would maybe feel better if i could take 4 then a few hours later take another 2 or 4, i dont know.. i really am upset over the laws they have here because now i know what my body needs, only because im in canada, its impossble to do.
thanks and will write again when i get back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you bump up to 8 mg, then it should last you through the entire day. Suboxone has a very long half life - on average 37 hours. Please don't give up yet. You haven't given yourself nearly enough time to even start to stabilize. Please give it more time. Let us know later how you are feeling. Thinking of you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Feebs, Hat is right don't give up! I know its frustrating but I promise you will stabilize soon. Also during detox people usually take higher doses so some of what your feeling on sub might be from withdrawing. At least give it a couple weeks. If you get off sub then what? Hang in there, you will feel better!

Post subject: back from round 2
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

okay, so this time it took longer to see the dr, but what we sort of realized is that half of my problem is hyper focusing on my body. how im feeling, heart rate etc... i have high blood pressure which is stabilized by meds, but still a fear issue i deal with it alot. so because i did get soooo high off 6mg yesterday, today i only took 4 and although i still feel a little buzzed, i dont feel as bad as yesterday. so i really think alot of this has to do with feeling overwhelmed and stress/anxiety. panic and anxiety have riddled me for years, which you all know comes also with withdrawal. so right now it's the elimination game, lessen the dose, see how i feel, keep in my mind anxiety is playing a major roll in this and try to ride it out for the next couple days.
it hard to explain all of this on a keyboard,but i really do think that i was taken aback and scared yesterday cause i got so buzzed. i do feel better today though.... with keeping in mind that i am hyper focusing and having high anxiety levels.
all in all, this entire post sounded better in my head then in writing...LOL... sorry for the ramble, im just trying to put into words how my mind works, and well, it's not that easy.
thanks again you guys... my rocks, sounding board and ppl of assurance. i just want the buzz to go away so i can feel normal. hopefully by the end of the weekend i will have it all figured out.
cheers

Post subject: Re: not sure anymore
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:24 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Feeb2011 wrote:
hi guys
well im leaving soon for next dose. im sure he will put me up to 8mg, as i feel horrible, i felt horrible last night too.
all i know is that i dont have the time to feel like this, it is pure withdrawl with major depression.
if the 8 doesnt work for me, i may have to say F it, because i just dont like the anxiety that comes with this.

Suboxone does not make withdrawal painless, nor does it cure it. Its only a tool, I urge you to just hold on as it gets much much MUCH better. The first 3 months are by far the worse. If you can hold on, I can almost guarantee you will have a moment where you catch yourself in a good mood and think "HOLY CRAP!!! I haven't used in a few months and I feel really good! I am comfortable in my own skin and am actually enjoying life!"

Post subject: feeling better now
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

UPDATE: Hi all,
okay so like i said, i went down to 4mg this morning and i feel so much better.
although it has not really lasted that long, as i sit here sweating like crazy after 7 hours... but in my head, i do, i really feel much better.
so from the 4, I have only tiny cravings, the subs are not lasting as long as they should... BUT i do feel so much better than yesterday, last night and this morning. I am expecting to be withdrawing tomorrow morning, but i think i can deal with that and hopefully once I can get fully saturated it wont be like that. I don't even know if I can get fully saturated on 4mg, does anyone here know?
Not sure what else to say, but I really really hope that i get even better tomorrow dosing. not sure if i should up it back up to 6 and see one more time, but for now i am happy on 4mg and even happier that 4mg seems to be doing the trick, for the most part anyway....pretty sure i will be singing a different song tomorrow morning though.
what do you guys think? 4mg OK for a maintenance dose? or is it in my head that i feel better with a lower mg?
thank you all for listening, reading all my babbling that really didn't make too much sense.
cheer and hugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Feebs! I cant answer what dose you would do better on because only you know how you feel. What i can do is explain what i know about sub and dosing so you can make an informed decision. 4mg is believed to be the level at which our opiate receptors are saturated. Also any doses above 4mg will not cause anymore of an opiate effect or high. I believe the reason you felt more yesterday was because it was your 1st dose after being in withdrawl for a couple days. Today you still had sub in your system and took 4mg but felt less of a buzz. Even though you took a smaller dose you actually had more sub in your system today than yesterday. So in my opinion you felt less of a buzz today not because you only took 4mg but because your body is beginning to adjust.

Doses below 4mg can act more like a full agonist because the receptors are not continuously being saturated so it can actually cause you to feel your dose more at lower doses. Most Drs recommend taking a dose above this 4mg ceiling so that you do not experience the ups and downs like in your case going from feeling high to back in withdraw. 8mg seems to be a pretty typical dose. Also doses below 4mg do not have the same half life as doses above the ceiling and wear off faster.

I know it is scary that you are getting high of sub but I promise it does not last. You will stabilize and then there is nothing you could do to get high off sub. As a lot of people new on sub quickly learn taking more will not get you high. This is why sub works. As I said in the beginning I can't tell you what to do because only you know your body but I can tell you there is no reason for you to be suffering withdrawl symptoms. I would suggest watching Dr Junigs videos on you tube on how sub works and the ceiling effect, I think it could help you make a decision. Hang in there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I second what Breezy is saying. 4 mg is the around the place where the receptors should be saturated, but for people on maintenance, Dr. Junig recommends that people go to a dose comfortably above the ceiling so that the receptors are KEPT saturated at all times. This will prevent cravings and will do a better job at blocking other opiates should relapse become a problem. Also you shouldn't be having any withdrawals between dosing. Again, like Breezy suggested, at lower doses, the long half-life doesn't apply as much (again, per Dr. Junig).

If you continue getting sweats late in the day and find yourself having withdrawals in the mornings before you dose, you could discuss trying 6 mg again just one more time with your doctor.

Keep in mind that everyone is different and has different chemical make ups and metabolism. So you could be stable at 4 mg where someone else might need 8. Try to listen to your body and give it what it needs.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:49 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Feeb2011 wrote:
<snip>
what do you guys think? 4mg OK for a maintenance dose? or is it in my head that i feel better with a lower mg?
thank you all for listening, reading all my babbling that really didn't make too much sense.
cheer and hugs.

Hi Feeb, and I am glad that you are feeling better now.

Anyway, I agree with what our two helpful an friendly Moderators have posted above.

And, for what it's worth, I am currently being maintained on 4 mg per day of sub;
and the 4 mg seems to be holding back my cravings quite well.
(In April, it will be 7 years that I will have been on subs.)

However, (like my disclaimer says)- what works for me may (or may not) work for you--
or for anyone else, for that matter. But I just wanted to let you know that it can be- and is being- done.

-ex-

Post subject: Re: thanks
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Feeb2011 wrote:
thanks guys.
well i cant take anymore till tomorrow. being in canada we have to dose at the clinic everyday. but i will address the craving issue at my appt. tomorrow. still have this damn headache, and still buzzing...i really hope both go away.
i dont want to up it to 8 and get a higher buzz though.. that the only reason i just went up to 6 from initial 4.
i just want to remain comfortable and am hoping tha the cravings are due to habit alone. im really thirsty too.
okay, im going to attempt to take a nap, although the likelyhood of that happening are pretty slim.
i dont feel energized though, like i did with my DOC... will that come in time, or is it not part of the package?\
thanks again guys..im actually physcially feeling okay.

that sucks, im also in canada(vancouver) and my doctor gives me a script for 3 weeks, weekly dispensed i just have to go and pick up my weeks supply every week, then on the third week have to go and see the doc again.. Thats how they just started with me.... I inducted myself due to having to wait until the weekend to go into withdrawals(I was a plumber a the time, now 2nd year engineering student) its been awesome since i started end of june.. i hope to be fully off it around end of january as I have started to ween my self off the 12 mg/day to 8mg now its been 3 weeks i just slowly dropped my dose by just using a half and rest in 2 mg peices instead of 4's