It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: tolerance?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was on suboxone for over a year until I got pregnant..then switched to subutex. So I've been on bupe for about two years., since I've been on it my life has been great. It even seemed to help my depression so much I got off my Zoloft. Right after I started the subutex I started to go through like a cycle..I would get my script feel great for two weeks and out of no where its like the pills stop working. When I say stop working I mean I kind of feel like the start of withdrawals kinda., extremely tired, runny nose waterey eyes, sweating and chills. So I end up taking extra pills even though it doesn't help and running out early..so I go a few days without get really sick and get my pills and feel better. Every month. I know I need to stop taking extra.but what I'm asking is why is it that their not working? If I stop for a day it two will it help? All I can think of is I built up like a tolerance. I'm not sure but it really sucks. I've been doing awesome for 2 years and now I feel like hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Heya!

It sounds like your pregnancy might be speeding up your metabolism of Subutex. Are you noticing these mild withdrawals in the hours before you're meant to take your next dose? ie if you dose in the morning, you're feeling withdrawals late evening and in the morning?

I doubt it would have anything to do with Subutex as a formulation, though I did maybe feel years ago that I might not have absorbed as much buprenorphing from Subutex than Suboxone, though that could have just been my imagination.

Pregnancy does some crazy things to metabolism, and many women have reported a need to increase their Suboxone doses during pregnancy. There are benefits to that. I can understand a want to weigh up concerns of post-natal withdrawal against the need to protect against addiction relapse during pregnancy... not to mention heightened risk of complications if you end up experiencing acute withdrawal should you choose to minimise your dose... Though these mild withdrawal symptoms you're experiencing right now would be nowhere near the level enough to lead to complications.

Another thing to consider is the possibility that you're experiencing natural dose-creep of Suboxone. I've experienced it myself. I started out on 6mg, and ended up having my dose raised a bit whenever I started to experience mild withdrawals leading into my next dose. It was kinda like how methadone people's dose creeps up rapidly ... only it happens much more gradual. It takes me 3 months at least before I start to experience goosebumps, chills and aches leading to my next dose, and they go away when I increase it only to have them creep back in a couple of months later. These days I'm on 12mg, and refuse to increase it even though people question why I have goosebumps on a sunny warm day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ahh so sorry..forgot to say I just had my daughter..still on the subutex but I'm going to ask at my next app to switch back to the suboxone. I know their isn't much of a difference but I want to do the strips. I feel like they work a lot better. I would say that I get high off the suboxone/subutex (I'm the beginning I definitely did..for the first few weeks) but when I take them I feel happy and energetic I think the way a normal person should. So its like after 2 weeks I no longer get that feeling and also get that mild withdrawal feeling. I feel like if I had to stop for a few days a month to get them working again a few crappy days would be better then a crappy month. I just have a feeling that it won't work. Seems like every month they stop working for longer and longer. I'm honestly scared. Suboxone has done so much for me I don't know what I'll do without it. I'm scared that I'll never feel normal again..being on subs is my normal. I'm like dying to find a way to fix it.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry I meant to say- I wouldn't say that I get high off them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI

I was on the generic subutex, just the "bupe pills"
for maybe two months/ten weeks or so , early in starting, cuz I could NOT afford the suboxone.

anyways, i kinda noticed the SAME thing you are talking about!!!!!

I would feel crappy a few DAYS into taking them, and I'd take an xtra dose and feel "relieved"

so, I went on strips, when I got on the patient assistance thing, by RB.
NOW, the "year'' they give you is OVER ,,, and Im back to paying outta pocket,,,,,,,,
My doctor did say seomething about going back on the generic, but I really dont want to,,, bcuz of how I felt
then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
AND,
here at least, , , , the generic pills are $5.50 EACH
and strips are (when you buy ten) $7.50 each
Plus you can use the $50/off coupon, when you buy more than 14.
with my pharmacy, the more i buy, the cheper they are, and forty at a time, is like $5.75 each(w/no coupon)
but even at 40 of the pills, they are still just under $4.00
I DONT think it's worth the price difference, ESPECIALLY
if you end up taking MORE.
LOL

so, I just wanted to say you are NOT alone, there.
honestly, it's been a long time ago,,,, but i just hated them after the first two weeks.
I definitely remember THAT MUCH :wink:

I think you will definitely feel the difference with the strips,,,,, Im not SURE if it has to do with absorbtion,
or what, but they definitely work better FOR ME

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do hope you feel better soon.

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Tolerance
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have not been on Suboxone strips for very long yet, but I have already noticed that at times, I forget to wait the appropriate amount of time for the strip to absorb. I was told to wait 15 minutes minimum after placing the strip, and to "swish" the saliva for another 15 minutes (if I was able to wait that long, but the doctor said it really made a big differnce in amount absorbed, time in mouth is apprently proportional to absorption) to most of the Suboxone I could.

I have actually found myself actually taking a drink of soda only like 5-10 minutes after dosing, ooopps !! :( with these incorrect dosings, I noticed that I did not get the relief that I should have like I do when I dose properly.

I was told to never smoke while dosing also.

Now I make certain that I wait the appropriate amount of time b4 swalloing, drinking, smoking, etc..and I can tell a big difference too.

So, not waiting long enough for me a few times caused issues for me w/ Suboxone, just a thought.

I hope everyone is still dosing properly.

I do know it is true also, that once an addict always and addict, and that makes me wonder if the sub is not doing a well as it did, or is it that the newness of the suboxone os now gone, and the brain may be saying "hey, this is not the way my receptors should be, as like they were on the stroger opiates? Maybe the brain never forgets that high feeling from the opiates and has it's own way of dealing with the new drug by making one think that it (Suboxone) is not working as well?

This may or may not be helpful, just an idea from my experience(s) so far.

I hope it gets better for all of you...

Sincerely,

bxr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just got the strips two days ago and I'm feeling pretty good. But I have a feeling that its not going to fix the problem. I'm sure in a week I'll be feeling crappy again..it seems every month they work for less time. Like it started and I would get that sick feeling after three weeks of getting my script..then two now one. I'm starting to think that maybe what I thought was ” feeling normal” was actually maybe me getting a high from them? I hope that isn't the case but it kind of seems like it. So after taking them for two years that became the normal for me. Now I'm getting a tolerance and I can't stand the way I feel. If it is a high I was getting I don't understand why after two years it just disappeared. Most people say IF they do get high from them that the feeling goes away after a few days, or weeks at the most. So it doesn't really make sense and I hope its not the truth. The feeling I get when I take them is just energy and a good mood. To me that is how normal people should feel..if that makes sense. In the first few weeks I defiantly got high..like an extreme body buzz nod out high. if this is what's happening I hope I can learn to live without the high and start feeling better really soon. It defiantly has me messed up..suboxone was like the answer to all my problems and now I'm wondering what the hell I'm going to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Clynn I've actually been feeling the same as you lately. My Suboxone has been "wearing off", and I can actually feel it wear off. I don't know if the film has anything to do with it, but I've definitely been feeling it more lately. Even if I have my morning 6mg at midday, by 8 or 9pm I feel my energy start to wane and I feel really sensitive to cold. I can even get a runny nose at times that disappears within 2 minutes of putting my film in my mouth.

It's about 75degrees (F) / 24c outside today, and when I woke up and went to buy my morning coffee I was feeling chills to the point I was wearing a thick jacket, and everyone else was in T-Shirts and shorts.

I kinda don't know what to do if it gets worse, because I'm DEFINITELY not raising my dose again. But it's gunna make it harder to reduce my dose. I don't know if it's my metabolism, or my ceiling has been getting raised? Should I try once a day dosing again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

How long have you been on suboxone for? I think taking half in the morning and half around 6 or 7 works pretty good for me. Any one think taking your whole dose at once is better? My thing was I thought that if I quit taking them a few days out of the month it would help them to work better..I'm not sure if that will work or not. I have a feeling it won't, I just keep thinking a few sick days is better then feeling dead three weeks out of the month. I'm honestly not trying to abuse them. I just want to feel back to normal..the way I've been feeling the last two years. I'm afraid to tell any of this to my doctor. I don't want him to take it the wrong way and think I'm trying to give him a hint that I want to up my dose, cause that's really not what I'm trying to do.