It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Today was it
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm deciding to stop today.
My last dose of 1.5mg was around 10am this morning.
I have been taking sub for about a week now.
Started at 2mg then 1mg then .5mg then up to 1.5mg today because of UTI.
My last opiate was a week+1 day today. I think I will be fine.
I may be a little drained of energy (from what I've read).

I don't want to get dependent on sub so this is it.
I know it will linger with me for a few days but that's actually a good thing instead of bad.

I get really anxious while taking sub for some reason and I have to be cautious when taking my klonopin.
So I want to have that "knowing" that I can take one or more when I start feeling blue and not have to worry so much.

I will keep you posted and if you have kept up with thus far I really appreciate all of your feedback and help.

For those of you who haven't... a quick sum up:
Was on Percocet for about 3 months... first month was off and on 5mg here and there.
The other two months I probably got up to 30mg a day "if that".
So I wasn't on it that much and that long, but being prone to dependency I had w/d's and was put on sub to get past it.

So any feedback/comments on what to expect would be greatly appreciated.
Of course I love the ones that say "I think your past the hard part... and your good to go" comments, but it's not a perfect world lol.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Honestly, I would have to say that you probably are past the hard part, but that's not to say that your not going to feel some discomfort.

It's very, very hard to say exactly what you're going to feel. You usage history was very short and didn't include extreme doses. That's good!

I know this, I for one have been following your threads and I am very interested to see how things turn out for you.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Please keep updating us!

Oh yeah, remember the UTI thing may cause you added discomfort that you may attribute to wd, just wanted to give you a quick reminder of that.

Good Luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you for the comment.
Yes I definitely have the UTI in the back of my head so I don't mistake the symptoms of the UTI for Opiate w/d's.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: I wish you the best
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I sincerely from the bottom of my heart wish you the best. I hope you have some 'space' in your life to not feel well and for it to be okay for you to be lazy. Don't let the symptoms get bigger and bigger in your mind because you are afraid of them. I am always having to check myself because I do that. I get so scared imagining the possibility of some symptom and then I am clueless when I ask myself why. I believe you can do this. I think you will have symptoms and you are going to have to hang in there. However, your use is so short, and that's a huge thing in your favor.

Please do come back and spill your guts and let us back you up. I know you are scared. I can hear it in your words. That's because it's unknown. It's not because it's impossible....by any means!!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the update, immortal. If and when you start feeling any withdrawal discomfort, try to stay active. It will distract you and if you can get out and exercise, that will really help relieve your w/d symptoms. Many people who've stopped taking sub swear by that.

I hope you can stick around here and keep us posted on how you're doing even (especially) a couple or few months from now. Yours is a unique situation and the forum will benefit from you sharing it. It will be interesting to know how your very short, rapid taper works out. Other people who have come here with such a plan usually never come back to tell us how they've held up.

Hang in there - you're doing great and I know you'll be able to move forward from here. Good luck!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you for the wonderful support, it will make this much easier.
I'm not going to wait a month to come back, I will be here everyday with my progress.
I know I will need some support so I'll be sticking around.

I actually got a little workout in tonight... I sure can tell that I lost some stamina, but the more I push the better.

Thank you again for the support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey guys,

Though I would stop in and post a little update:

It's now 2:20pm about 28 hours since my last dose.
I can definitely tell that I haven't taken anything, with minor aches in my legs and a little bit of the chills.
They are not bad enough to not be able to tolerate them.

It was definitely nice to know that I could take my klonopin without any worries this morning.
I'm very tolerant to them and they don't make me a zombie, just relaxed and anxious free.

I'm going to be doing some stretching today and a minor workout to get some natural sweat going.
Some hot bath's should help too.

So far so good, I know if I'm going to get anything it will be around that 36 hour mark.
If I can get past that, I might be good to go... I will post then with an update.

Feel free to leave suggestions and comments to help me through this final phase.

Post subject: Good job!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah for you! Thanks for the update. I commend you on the working out. I'm trying so hard to mentally get to where I go and actually do it. Don't get frustrated if your symptoms increase. Sub does have a long half life. And it WILL end. It will not go on forever. I know you are probably thinking "easy for her to say". I don't blame you. I feel like i have no room to talk but I AM cheering for you!!!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you for the booster there laddytipper ;) much appreciated.

I do have one symptom pop up on me that's so weird... and I've had it before.

Brain Shivers... not sure if many of you have even heard of it or have had it.
You can google it for info.

Funny thing is, doctors never know what I'm talking about, even if I mention it by name.

Anyways, this has happened before twice.. once getting off zoloft second was stopping tramadol in which I found out later is in the class of SNRI's an anti-depressant like zoloft.

It's weird and very hard to describe.

Hopefully someone has had them or even knows what they are.

Post subject: Oh yes...brain shivers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I got those things!! I got them when I stopped taking Effexor. It was very, very strange. My doctor absolutely did not believe me either but plenty of other people in my meetings knew what I was talking about. I remember thinking they were nasty but I don't remember that they lasted long at all. I've never heard of this happening with stopping Sub, but it wouldn't surprise me, especially since the brain shivers are something people find very hard to describe. I remember that if I moved my head in some way, it would happen and I was afraid of them because I felt like someone was literally electrocuting my brain or something. I would also get very dizzy and lose my balance. Did that happen to you? I had to stop Effexor abruptly because I got epilepsy, so I couldn't even taper. The 'brain shivers' began right away. I had no choice, so I just dealt with it and I guess because I'd been through so much crap with my traumatic brain injury, it wasn't as scary as it maybe would have been if I hadn't already had to deal with my brain feeling all wrong. I'm really curious if they've gotten to a point where they actually do believe this really happens and if they have any idea what it is!! Yikes.....I'm wondering if this will start happening to me again. Thanks for posting about it, so if it does happen, maybe I won't be as surprised. Hang in there. Logically, they shouldn't last that long, because your use wasn't very long.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:46 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you for your response you nailed it right on the head... that's exactly how it feels, especially when turning your head or moving your eyes too fast, like an electric shock just rushes through your head.
Yes after stopping the zoloft a long time ago and the tramadol they hit immediately but I think only lasted a week tops, but they got weaker and weaker over the week... so not too worried about it.

UPDATE:
Well I went about 38 hours, got really achy and sweaty (freezing)... I couldn't handle it, or function properly... so I went ahead and took 1mg of sub, they went away besides a nasty headache.

So maybe I need to be on it a little longer, I'm going to take the suggestions to wait as long as possible from here on out to take one... and just wait until it gets to the point where maybe past 48 hours if I'm still okay and able to tolerate it I can quit... I just can't believe it's taking this long. You won't ever... EVER see me taking an opiate ever again because this is just stupid lol.

So I'll be sticking around (I would have anyway) with continued updates... I feel kinda ashamed of myself.. should I be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't know if this is brain shivers, but when I quit suboxone, I would get lightning flash across my minds eye when I would close my eyes. It would literally shock my mind and body. Extremely uncomfortable!! My 'electric shocks' lasted a few days, maybe a week?

Hey, good job on making it for 38 hours!! I see you took 1mg of sub, no big deal!!

I think your plan to wait for hours and hours and hours before you take a dose is fine, don't be ashamed!! You are slowly taking less and less and that's the goal, right? I think you're doing great!! This is your taper plan and if it's working for you, then who the hell cares if it's not a 'traditional' approach. As long as it's working for you, that's all that matters!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you for the support.
I am wide awake now at 5am .. blah!

Really bad headache... the dull kind, just there and tylenol and ibuprofin is not working.
Hopefully it the peak of the sub will calm down a bit, because it seems the sub is what's given me headaches (since i started).

I will keep ya'll updated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Please don't feel ashamed for taking a small bit of sub. It's not a matter of strength or weakness. You're just allowing your body some more time to adjust to being without opiates. I would suggest when you do take it, wait as long as you can (like you suggested) and take the absolute bare minimum to give you some relief. Maybe you could take it before bed so you can get some sleep. Good luck and thanks for the update. I think you're doing really well.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey hat,

Sent you a PM, can you check it out real quick?

Thanks for the comments. It is a battle but in the end I will come out victorious.