It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well, I started today! I feel pretty good-only mild cravings..just for that burst of energy I get(only for about 15 min though) but all in all i feel better than I have in awhile...I was started on 1 strip a day, which from what I've heard is about all I'll need..I hear people say all the time about how they are started on 24 mgs a day and its way too much...Anyway I finally have a bright outlook on my future...no thoughts of where and how I'm gonna get my next handful of pills...Though subs are VERY expensive I had to pay 60 bucks for a week's worth..but hell I was paying more than that EACH time I took pills and was taking them constantly all day long..I know that a lot of you feel us "pillheads" have no business being on subs..but I have been both places 13 years ago I was shooting heroin and had to withdrawl basically CT a few days of clonodine and ativan nothing else..and the withdrawl isn't quite as bad..but it is still horrible and an addiction is an addiction, my brain doesn't know the difference when it's WD'ing...anyway thought I'd share how my induction went...hope everyone has a wonderful week. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Woo-Hoo!!

You seem to be hopeful and in good spirits! That's great news. Be sure to check in and let us know how you even out and how this treatment is working for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I surely will Tiny..I visit here at least once a day just to read and get some comforting words..even when they're meant for someone else they tend to do me good..MOSTLY everyone here is very hopeful and optimistic about their treatments so it does me good to visit :P thanks for the reply doll

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

What a relief to be off the pills. I feel so empowered! I am on day five and so happy about it. I love coming here and getting encouraging words. I wish you as much luck as I've had and much more. Keep ie posted :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:06 am 

Yay for you! I'm glad your induction went well and that you're feeling good! I remember that the freedom from the pill obsession was the most dramatic shift for me when I started on sub. I was a pill popper too and suboxone has worked well for my situation so far. I've tapered from 16mg per day to 2mg. I'm hoping to be off completely within a couple of months. I feel like I want to try going without sub and see how I do. If I feel like I need to go back on sub I will happily do it.

I'm glad you find this forum comforting and helpful. I do too! Please let us know how you continue to do.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks guys it means so much to have you all reply and be interested im my recovery...today is much much better, I was very tired my first couple of days, but I think my body is adjusting to the dose now :D . T's the taper thing is definantly something I want to do, but for now I'm just trying to get accclimated to my medicine. I wish you the best of luck with your taper and pray that you have NO WD symptoms! That's a great plan and outlook that you have..it's so nice knowing that we have that chioice recovery has come a long way since i kicked my dope habit..i wish that we would have had this option back then..we only had methadone then and I wasn't going to go that route...but I did it but now I can continue with my life and not have to worry about when I will get my next handfull man I was to the point where 30 10s a day wasn't even making me feel anything anymore and they are super expensive here..so I was spending EVERY dime I had...that's what I don't understand I've read this one guy's posts where he always bithches about the price of sub and how he can't afford it and refuses to go on it because of that..I mean come on dude! We surely found the hundreds of dollars a day to fund our habits whats saving those and getting a month supply? Jeez it's such a relief..I mean I work a stressful job,attend school full time and am a single mother..i know some little dude that just has to worry about college can figure out a way if I can! anyway good luck guys and keep posting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

good for you! I am so glad that you have decided to take subs and get off pills. It is sure nice not to have to worry about the "dealer". I is like a part time job trying to cop pills. You will find that you probably have a lot more time on your hands, not having to spend most of your day trying to get a fix. It helped when I found a hobby like art or drawing toduring my extra time to be more creative and find my way. Have a great weekend!

Post subject: exactly!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You are exactly right! It's crazy! always trying to chase them down..there nowhere to be found when you have money and people are calling you like crazy when your broke so there you go doing stuff you shouldt be to get the money! It feels great! one of them actually called today just sent it straight to VM no second thoughts I really should get my # changed though..but you have a great weekend too! I am loving my life now..I actually went shopping and got to spend 100$ on a victorias secret sweatsuit I'd been wanting...felt so good..I can actually buy things for myself now :D :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrats and WTG's all around for those of you, like me, are new to Suboxene and finally made the choice to make some positive changes. I guess I'm not totally new since I've been on the subs now for 6 full weeks with 2 8mg strips per day and I've suffered no setbacks !!
And it is such a wonderful feeling to wake up and not worry about where todays pills are going to come from. For me thats probably the part that strengthens my resolve the most. I dont ever want to chase those stupid pills again !
Heck its wonderful just to sleep at night again. I used to wander around more than I slept at night but not anymore.
It isnt perfect, but it sure is nice
I know its been said over and over but I really believe this drug saved my life.