It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: so tired of this grind
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:07 pm 
i been reading topics of this forum for a few days now. i finally said im gonna make my own account and be a part of this. i dont have freinds to go to or family really so maybe i can talk to you. i got on subs after an addiction to percs , the 512's. I was addicted to those pain killers for 8 months. Then the dr. said i really should go on this new thing called suboxone to get off the percs. So i did. Every month i would go to him and he would give me a script for 75 suboxone 8mg. That was 2 years ago and i hate every minute of this. i cant just quit because i tried that . the docter says how im feeling could be normal if there was added stress in my life. i dont know though. he said he could bump up the dose and it would level me out. but im not sure . so i come to you for help. im kinda at the end of my rope with this fuckin medicine ok well ill type more later. im gonna look through this forum and see if anyone else has the same problem as me. well ok bye guys hope we can get some much needed answers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi ,,, welcome,
and Im sorry your feeling bad.

What do you mean by you cant stand one more minute????
are you having side effects???
or do you just feel like you are 'dependent' on something????

One thing, that makes ME feel better, is there are SOOOO many people out there, on heart meds, or High blood pressure meds, anti-deppresents. ETC.
I like to compare myself to that. Becuase, for ME, ten years of chasing pills, which turned to heroin, as well; was enough. I dont ever want to go back to that. And if I stay on suboxone, to NOT go there again, that is JUST FINE with me.
Im not getting high, or abusing it, Or doing anything illegal to obtain it. Therefore, I consider myself clean. And I consider the last 15 months (almost 16!) the BEST EVER, of my entire life.
Ive literally, rebuilt my life around me.
and whats wrong with that??

Im not sure what your biggest obstacle is, but if you let us know, we might be able to help. Or if you feel you are ready, you can start a taper plan and try that.
a long slow, taper, seems to be key.
Yes, it does take discipline. No, I dont think its easy. But I dont think recovery is soposed to be easy.

Hard work pays off, at least its sopposed to. Ive worked my ass off, the last 15 months and not every day has been peaches and cream, I'll tell you that first and foremost. But, its been worth it.

I hope you can find the answers your looking for.
Im here for you, If you want to talk.
And welcome :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi,

Just looking for some clarification. You said percs for 8 months, but how much was that daily? And the Rx from the doctor was
75 8mg for a month. Was the full 75 to be taken at an even daily rate? 75 seems like an unusual number.

I assume that has been an ongoing Rx and not just once---true?

It would help to know if you care to clarify. Sounds like you could use the support that is available here so I hope we hear from you. What is happening just now?

Have you ever felt as bad as you do now, and then after felt better again? If so, think of that....now.

Take care,

S