It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:19 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am a 28 year old male that is addicted to pain meds. It started in 2003 when I had severe back problems. At that time I took blue Hydro 10 for the bad pain. I have taken them on and off since then. In the past 2 years I will get 30 or 40 and they would last a few weeks and I would not take them again for a week or two. Just on and off really. The past 4 months I have been dealing with some stressful personal stuff and it has made me take a lot. For the past 4 months or so I might average 6-8 a day. Before I could get off and maybe feel bad for a day or so,but nothing to bad. I have tried in the last few weeks and I just cant do it by myself this time. I am married with a 6 year old son and they have no idea. I have my own buisness and the days I tried not to take them I cant deal with anyone. I'm sure you know. When your son wants to go throw ball and you are on the couch and cant move because you due to not taking pills you really feel like a junky. I am a leader in my church and no one has a clue. It is crazy how many people you know are addicted to pain meds. I thought no one I knew took them. I might say something like "my back is hurting" to someone and they say I have something for that. Anyway I have to get off this crap. Always wondering who you will get your next pills from,worrying about running out, it controls my life. I am taking them now. Today I started backing down to 4-6 a day. I found a doctor that can perscibe the suboxone but he is out of the office till Monday. I have started running and exercising twice a day to help me through this. It always helped when before when I would get off.I am going in first thing Monday. Should I stop taking them over the weekend so he can perscribe them fo me on Monday. I would turn over every pill I have right this second to be off this stuff. This is the first I have ever said anything about this to anyone. I am ready to get off. It helps already typing this and talking to others. One more thing , one doctor I called had a waiting list but they told me a little about the program. She said you have to go tn NA meeting to get the medicine. Is that with all the doctors?
I completley understand that part, but I dont know how I will go to them without my family not knowing. Any advice will be much appreciated. thanks

Post subject: I've been there too
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:13 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I definately know what you are going through. I started treatment with a private doctor today who conducts his appointments from his house. It gave me a script for SUBOXONE 2mg/0.5! My last fix was yesterday, 30 mgs of hydrocodone. I have been dealing with this addiction since 1997. I am only 34 years old. I have not gotten bad until the last year or so. I would make up excused to make ER visits, back problems, etc.....Then my husband was diagnosed with chronic degenerative disc disease which then made it real easy on me to get them. I would also buy them illegally from people for like 5 bucks a pill. Read my other post. The doctor I found, and believe me, it took me almost all day, did not even charge me to see him. The only thing it cost me was almost 24.00 for 6 pills. Please look into this drug. Google it and see how it works. That was the first thing I did before I googled Oklahoma methadone doctors. I called one number off my printout and the doctor answed and told me to meet him at his house at 6:45pm. I got my first 4 mg dose at about 8:15pm and did not take my second 4mg dose yet. I do not even feel like I need it but I know I have to stick to a strict schedule. This drug takes anywhere from one half hour to one hour to get its full effects. It is sublingual, under the tongue only. It cannot be swallowed or snorted at all. Under the tongue there are two large veins that allow it to go directly into your bloodstream. Within an hour, no headach, stomach ache, back ache and a wonderful feeling of EUPHORIA. You also cannot take Opiates while on this med. You will get deathly ill and have worse withdrawl symptoms than just stopping the pain meds. I read everything I could for hours on this computer.
Keep your head up! If you really want help, it is there for you. Anything I can do to help please let me know. I hope you feel better!!! :)

Post subject: Re: I've been there too
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:25 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

[quote="leadam123"]I definately know what you are going through. I started treatment with a private doctor today who conducts his appointments from his house. It gave me a script for SUBOXONE 2mg/0.5! My last fix was yesterday, 30 mgs of hydrocodone. I have been dealing with this addiction since 1997. I am only 34 years old. I have not gotten bad until the last year or so. I would make up excused to make ER visits, back problems, etc.....Then my husband was diagnosed with chronic degenerative disc disease which then made it real easy on me to get them. I would also buy them illegally from people for like 5 bucks a pill. Read my other post. The doctor I found, and believe me, it took me almost all day, did not even charge me to see him. The only thing it cost me was almost 24.00 for 6 pills. Please look into this

How have you done. I still have not done it. Scared i guess