It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, It's Queenie again. You must be tired of me by now. Yes, the Ambien. Why do I go for that refill? Why do I take it when I know I'm going to abuse it and end up being scared to death of WD's?

Look freinds, I'm 70 yrs. old. No legs, craving like a fool. just want to feel good.

The doctors? Bah, they don't care. They give me a nausea pill and send me home.W hat the hell does it take to just live normally? Yes, I'm still on subs. 8mg a.m. 8 mg p.m. but how come it doesn't stop ambien wd? Crazy.

I'm just looking for a way out of this nightmare. Maybe I just want someone to say it's going to be o.k.

I love you all

Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

All of you who are viewing this. Send me a line or two. It means so much right now.

Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:01 am 

Queenie, you poor dear! I wish I could wave my magic wand and make things all better!

I remember reading about your trouble with Ambien, but I'm fuzzy on the details. Are you having trouble getting your doctors to keep prescribing the Ambien, so are you constantly in fear of running out? Because, otherwise, why is being dependent on Ambien such a bad thing? You're fricking 70 years old! Why can't you have a drug that helps you sleep? Unless, of course, you have to escalate your use.

I have a friend who had apnea and had to wear the c-pap machine. She kept ripping the machine off in her sleep until she started taking Ambien. Her doctor was concerned that she was getting dependent on it. She said, "Look. Either I take the Ambien or I stress my heart by not wearing the c-pap machine. The Ambien is the lesser of two evils." He agreed.

I guess my point is, why is it so wrong to depend on Ambien to get some good restorative sleep? Do you feel guilt because it's another substance to be addicted to?

I hope and pray that things get easier for you. I care about you!

Amy

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:49 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Oh Queenie,

I am so sorry you are in this position. If I remember right, you take more ambien then you are prescribed then run out and go through withdrawal. Is that right?

I too wish I had some magic words. Have you been totally honest with your doctor about your use of Ambien. The doctor really cant help you unless he/she knows whats really happening. I dont know alot about ambien but my understanding is that it acts like alcohol in the brain. I know alcohol withdrawal is dangerous and can kill people. Not sure if ambien is the same though?

What are the symptoms ypu experience when you run out?

I just really want to say things will be ok queenie. You are the grandmother of this forum. You are so sweet and supportive of others here and you deserve support too. I hope you can talk to someone honestly about how yoi are feeling. That may be the first step in getting better.
going to do some research on ambien withdrawl and talk to a doctor I know. Im worroed for you queenie.

I will let you know if I find out ant thing important. Take care queenie. We all love you here!

Post subject: Amy & Orange
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you for writing to me. Orange I'm so flattered you call me the grandmother of the forum.If I could, I would wrap my arms around all of you.

I just came from my sub doctor. He is referring me to a psychiatrist to put me on anxiety meds. My problem with Ambien is that I take more than I should, run out and can't refill until the 28th day. Those in-between days are hell. Nausea, no sleep, reastlessness but yet weak. Sounds like opiate withdrawal right? He doesn't think so. But something happens. I'm fine with my subs. He just gave a script with 5 refills and an appt for 6 months from now. Some people would love that. Got plenty of subs but no sleep. He said to wait until it's tme & refill the Ambien. In the meantime, drink Chamomile tea & take Benedryl. Imagine that.

I hope you are all doing well. I feel selfish for writing about me so much. I promise to come here more often & please feel free to vent.

I'm going to try really hard to make it until next Tuesday & refill but take only one at night.

Thank you both again & God bless you, I love you,

Queenie

Post subject: Ambien addiction
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:27 pm 

Oh my dear Queenie,

You have a substance abuse problem with a drug most of us don't understand. That doesn't really matter because the end result is always the same. We need to stop the addictive behavior and find some support from people. Do you have anyone close who you can confide in? Someone who would encourage you to walk the straight and narrow? If so, hit 'em up and ask for some help. If not, have you ever been to a N.A. meeting? That would surely give you some others who understand and may offer support. I just wouldn't mention the Sub until later or when you think it's okay to disclose.

Coming here is nice but we can't be there next to you. I do hope you can get enough courage to stop the addictive behavior of the Ambien. How many do you take? And just how did this start? I've never understood it because all it does for me is help me sleep. There isn't any high attached to it at all. Do you get a buzz if you take a whole bunch? It must be or others wouldn't be having the same problem. Even Tiger Woods admitted to taking too many of those.

You'll be okay Queenie. It sounds like you and your doctor are trying to find the right treatment for it. How about asking for Lunesta instead? Or does that also give you problems? Taking benadryl may help a little or help a lot. Tell us how well that one works to get to sleep. And just 'cause you're 70 doesn't mean you should have grown out of this a long time ago. I'm two years away from 60 and think I too should be a model citizen. Now that makes me laugh! If only all my new neighbors knew my drug and alcohol history.

Sorry for the long post, the more time you spend reading, the less time you think about your problem!

Take Care our Grandma of the forum. I like that one.

Rule