It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Tiny update :)
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:39 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey everyone! I just thought I would update.. this week I have been on 2.25 mgs of sub per day. I take 1 mg in the morning and 1.25 in the afternoon. I wanted to taper from 2.50 to 2.0 but I was afraid that I would be lowering to much and since I have alot going on once again this week I decided against it. So far I am only experiencing mild discomfort. My sleep is interuppted about two to three times in the middle of the night and I end up waking up around 4:00-4:30 wide awake. I am teary eyed and nauseas in the mornings. My legs ache when I'm getting close to taking my second dose around 1:00 pm. I really want to try and push my second dose further but with me being up so early I end up taking it about 4:30 am. So as of right now I am going to stay here until next tuesday where I will drop down to 2 mgs. I broke down and made one more final dr. appt. Honestly, I am doing my taper on my own. My Dr. believes me to still be at about 12mgs a day and I'd rather not tell her because I want to take this a slow as possible. Her taper plan has me doing one mg. every other day.. I have read alot about this method and I have not seen any success stories with this taper. Most people think it's harder to do one mg. every other day vs. taking .50 per day. I don't know if this is more mental or not but I can see how that would be hard. I am making plans though and going on about my life day to day... I have alot of that raw emotion and it's a truly beautiful thing.. So I find myself getting exciting even though I still have far to go. I am still curious if you can use the films for liquid tapers so if anyone knows that? I think it would be much eaiser. Even at 1 mg of an 8 mg strip I feel like it's washing away. I hope everyone else is still doing well!

Brighty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good job Brighty!

It sounds like you are doing great! I think it is was wise to make another appointment and kind of build up your stockpile a little. I just wish you could get the 2mg strips, it makes tapering to those lower doses so much easier. I understand why you can't, I'm just frustrated for you to have to deal with any extra problems. Maybe since you have some extra subs you can try the liquid taper method with one of them and just see how it works. I can't remember for sure where I read it but one of our members recently posted about dissolving the strips in a cap of alcohol. They said they dissolved much better that way...maybe they will see this and post it again here. I'm thinking it was Raudy, but not 100% certain.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:51 pm 

Way to go, BD! I think you are smart to taper as you feel like it instead of dropping too quickly too soon. I think we tend to set ourselves up for failure when we stop listening to our bodies. And yet, it's good to have the goal of continuing to move forward with a taper. Finding a balance between the two is crucial, I think.

Good luck with your continued journey!

Amy