It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Time in system
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ive recently had to stop taking suboxone and have to pass a test wich DOES include a test for suboxone wich is ridiculous.But anyaway how long should I give it?i was thinking 7 days should be good but nowhere online is a definite answer,people swear 3 days others 20 days!!!Was taking 2mg or less before I stopped.took for about 2 years started with prescribed 12mg/day and cut myself down.ANYONE have a good answer?

Post subject: Re: Time in system
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I quit Suboxone, I was peeing "clears" after 3 to 4 days. I tested myself with those strips you dip in urine and they were sensitive to 20ng/mL. To the best of my knowledge, the more recent test strips test down to 10ng/mL.

If you'll visit some of the websites that sell Bupe test strips or the test cups, you may be able to find on their site the detection times for Bupe. I know I looked some of those figures up just a few months ago and if memory serves, the sites that sell those tests claimed detection periods of up to 5 days.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank you for the response.ive searched countless times and there is so much useless information on this topic.many people claim all sorts of times and many do so without any real exp.
Romeo wrote:
When I quit Suboxone, I was peeing "clears" after 3 to 4 days. I tested myself with those strips you dip in urine and they were sensitive to 20ng/mL. To the best of my knowledge, the more recent test strips test down to 10ng/mL.

If you'll visit some of the websites that sell Bupe test strips or the test cups, you may be able to find on their site the detection times for Bupe. I know I looked some of those figures up just a few months ago and if memory serves, the sites that sell those tests claimed detection periods of up to 5 days.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

After you posted, I searched some of the test strip sites again and found the same 3-5 day detection times. Now, they did stipulate that kidney function, amount of liquid consumed and passed daily, whether or not you're taking a diuretic, etc, all have an effect on the test.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

yes-- realize that the kidneys filter the liquid from the blood, then that filtrate goes through tubules where water is reabsorbed--- significantly concentrating anything that was filtered. Diuretics block the reabsorption of water, making urine less concentrated... so the same person could produce urine with 100 nanograms per cc of buprenorphine or 10 nanograms, depending on whether he is well hydrated or dehydrated. That is why, BTW, 'quantitative' urine testing is far from 'quantitative'.

I would say, then, to drink extra water and coffee (a weak diuretic) prior to the test. But labs are onto that 'trick', and a very dilute specimen sometimes results in a request for a second test.