It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I haven't posted here in a while.. even when I did I think I only made a few posts.. however I haven't been slipping or anything. I just try to stay away from sites that talk about drugs.. even though this is a recovery site.. you still see peoples stories and that causes me to start thinking and eventually craving.

anyways.

I've been going to the same counselors place for a little over a year now.. the doctors have come and gone.. and I think I'm on my 5th or 6th doctor.. and second counselor. the 2 main people that run the place are actually great.. and the current counselor is really good and caring as well.. the counselor before that actually helped me out a lot. but he ended up relapsing and a bunch of shit happened. I think he relapsed after his wife left him.. but then he ended up stealing peoples clients money.. wrote bad checks from the counselors business to himself and all kinds of stuff. I'm not really sure of everything that happened. I just know he relasped and screwed a bunch of people over. I know if I was just starting there I probably would have went back to dope after that happened. but I was more fortunate in knowing one of the workers from school before I ever started using.

Anyways.. even though the main people that work there are great. the doctors are a little ridiculous.. and that's why they have to keep getting new doctors in. the current doctor only comes once a month and see's everyone that goes there in groups.. if you want to talk to the doctor 1on1 you have to pay an extra 30-35$ i believe. He even made a comment about having another main job and he's just doing this on the side.. and i'm inferring this by myself.. but I know he's just doing it for the extra money and I doubt he really cares about anyone. He claims to have been around and maybe he was.. when suboxone was first coming out and being a part of it.. or something. I told him the other doctor had me on 1 8mg and 1/3 of the another strip.. so it's like 10.something mg. he said it was stupid that the other doctor had us on all these weird dosages and rounded everyone up.. so he took me from 10.something to 12mg (1 1/2 8mg strips) .. and said that little of a dose change doesn't even matter. I didn't say anything at the time. but honestly I think that's complete bullshit. every mg matters.. especially when you're trying to cut down.

now.. in all honesty i've been kind of stocking up on my strips and i only actually take 1/3 of a strip every morning.. I don't tell the doctors that because I don't want them prescribing me that much in case something happens again with the pharmacy, doctor, or whatever.. so I have a few stocked up. My counselor does know what i'm doing, and my correct dosage though. I was actually suppose to get my new prescription last sunday but for whatever reason the doctor forgot or something and it still hasn't been called in. I talked to someone at the counseloring place today and they're trying to get it called in for me.. I'm hoping I get it by thursday at least (that's when I actually run out).

but anyways.. aside from all the bullshit with the doctor only coming in once a month.. having to make a million calls just to make sure it gets called in.. I'm ready to quit. I've been on it straight with no relaspes since feb 19, 2010.. and i've worked myself down to 1/3 of an 8mg strip. I've got rid of all my friends that may tempt me. I'm just done with everything and ready to quit. I'm tired of having to depend on something to get me through the day. I realize I'll have cravings in the future. but I know I can deal with it.. I'm not wasting my money on a 3 hour feel good feeling. there's far more important things in life. I have a lot of goals that I want to accomplish that will help me stay away from the junkie lifestyle.

so my questions are this. I've been on 1/3 of an 8mg strip since about jan 15th of this year.. could someone help me make a taper plan? ..i'm not sure if the liquid method would work with strips or not.. but if it does i'm fine with doing that.. I just wanna get this over with.. so the first I think I do every morning when I wake up is put a strip under my tongue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

got my prescription yesterday..

is it possible to do the liquid method with strips? or should I just cut really small strips then cut them in half..

anyone have a taper plan for the strips?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

No need for the liquid taper method with strips.. I use a CM ruler and then cut with a razor blade. I use the 2mg strips so for example a 2mg strip is about 2.1 cm long. I currently take .5 mg which is about 5 mm or half of a cm.. You said you were on a 1/3 of an 8MG right? I started tapering a few months ago and recently started my own thread called Tapering/Suppression so that might help you a bit, but my advice would be to go as slow and low as you need to. Drop to 2 mg for a few weeks, then 1.5 for a couple weeks, then 1.25 for a week or two, then 1MG and stabilize there for a month. From there you can drop to .75 for a few weeks, then to .5 where I would prob stabilize for a month. Then alternate .5/.25 for a couple weeks before stabilizing on .25. After that you can get even lower to .125 or just skip every third day for a couple weeks, then start skipping 2 days, then 3 days, then 4 and you should be completely off. It all depends how long you want to draw it out. I haven't jumped yet so can't speak from experience but this is what I have got from all the research I have done. Patience is key if you don't want to feel much!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:36 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Rmac I pmed you by mistake I must learn to wear my reading glasses
I ment to post this

I used the 2mg strips and went down to .25...........started skipping days and jumped I had a few days of mild discomfort but it was tolerable.

I planned on going lower but one day ( april 15) I decided I felt good enough to do it. I am sure the lower you go the less discomfort it is.

:)

Good Luck Guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks for the replies guys.

I just got my last prescription tuesday.. paid the doctor and my counselor for the last time. I told the counselor i'll continue to see her but I think I'll probably just drop in once or twice a month. they really want you to continue seeing the counselor after words.. and I could understand that if my counselor actually helped.. but half the time she's talking about herself.. and she's never used herself. (I had to explain what opium/poppy seeds and fentanyl was to her) so it's kinda pointless for me.. and honestly i've been on subs for around 1.5 years now.. so my mindset is on track and i'm just ready to be off this crap.

I got 14 8mg strips to taper off with.. and i'm on 1/4 (2mg) of it now. I tried going from 1/3 of the strip down to 1mg.. the first day i felt fine.. but the next days i felt pretty crappy. I probably could have went a few more days and been fine but I had to work and just took another little square which made it 2mg.. so the past 3 days i've been on stable 2mg.. and feeling great.

I think I'm gonna wait until next saturday (don't work for a few days after saturday) and try dropping to 1mg again.. and see how that goes.

I'm gonna checkout Rmac tapering thread and try and post my own taper plan in here later with what I got left.. and gonna try and figure what vitamins and stuff to take when I do jump off.. I do have some loperamide for the craps and some flexeril in case I can't sleep.. but I don't want to rely on the flexeril too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:51 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi retoons,

I am tapering and am tapering 20% or so about every 10-14 days...I will be dropping to 2 mgs/day this Sunday. It has taken me about 4 months to get here.
I started at 24 mgs/day.

I am so tempted to just jump when I get to .5 (because I am so ready to be done with this) but I've been on Sub 4 years the end of this coming Sept so I don't think that's wise LOL...I plan to taper to .125 and then start skipping days.

Some people think that they do better drawing the taper out over a very long period of time.
After a lot of research, I lean towards the side of getting off Sub the quickest way you can with minimal discomfort and then allowing the brain to heal receptors, dopamine reuptake, etc....without the partial agonist of Sub working in there.

However you choose to do your taper...be flexible and kind to yourself. Emotions are high, there will be some physical symptoms so just ride them out, knowing that you are healing and on your way back. It doesn't last forever :lol:

Best wishes to you and I look forward to seeing your progress!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

so i'm down to a little under 1mg now.. the strips i got were all cracked in someway in the packaging.. so i didn't get even cuts.. so the last few days i have been taking under 1mg.

I got about 2mg left but am skipping today.. I started taking immodium the past 3 days because i've had diarrhea for the past week or so since i've came down to 1mg.. but the immodium has helped the past 3 days. right now my bones are a little achey but nothing too bad. the big problem is my stomach hurting.. basically feeling like i'm about to blow. maybe it's cause of the immodium? I've only taken 2 at a time and twice daily so far.

I aquired some Vistaril for when I'm not able to sleep.. should I just take that instead of the flexeril?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just got down to 2mg, and like you said, I'll have to wait a couple of days to see how I really feel on it. The reason I replied is that I think once you get below 2mg you might need to slow down a bit. I would go to 1.5mg instead of 1 (remember, Dr. J said think in micrograms , don't go from 2000mcg to 1000mcg). Also, I doubt it's the immodium causing the stomachache. In fact, it's probably helping. You might need to take MORE as your Sub dose goes down. (I have mine at the ready).
I hope you don't mind me adding my 2 cents. I didn't expect to be here this soon. I was on vacation and I was on 4mg. Then I ended up skipping 2 days, and after skipping 2mg seemed like enough.
Good luck,
Lilly
PS. I'm also planning on using flexeril if I can't sleep. I have tons of it and it puts me out like a light! It's safe to use for up to 2 weeks, but I don't expect to use it for more than 5 days or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

well i just took 2 more immodiums about an hour ago.. stomach feels a little better.
think i just got a lot of gas build up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

retoons wrote:
well i just took 2 more immodiums about an hour ago.. stomach feels a little better.
think i just got a lot of gas build up.

So, you have a total of 2 mg left? Are you gonna jump? If so, hang in there and best of luck!

As far as your stomach goes, I've noticed (and heard others say) that as you get low, you just cannot eat the same way anymore. If it's too spicy/fatty, too much dairy, etc., it will give me a stomach ache. So, just go easy on your belly a little and try to eat bland stuff.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yeah i took my last dose fri.. and worked an 11hour shift saturday with no problem.

i've been taking around 6 immodiums a day, 1 vistaril, and some excerdins when i feel achey.. but monday i only took 2 excerdins.

i've been feeling alright.. no puking or diarrhea.. the only real symptom i have is feeling weak. sitting completely still while I type this I don't feel bad at all.. if i stand up to walk to the kitchen i just feel weak.. especially climbing stairs.. it's like I have to pull myself up them. but that's basically it. so i'm pretty glad about that. I just can't wait til that disappears as well.

I'm suppose to work 6 hours this friday and saturday.. but I have 2 people willing to cover for me if I don't feel like going in yet.. but i might work 1 of them just to see how i do if nothing else has changed.

I don't know if this has anything to do with my detox.. but with my day job I also work on the internet on various projects.. search engine optimization for websites and random other things.. and there's been a few people that use this program called iMusic when working to help with ADD/ADHD to stay focused. which I don't think I have ADD.. i'm just incredibly lazy.. so I downloaded the iMusic suite and have been listening to volume 3.3 that's suppose to help re-energize your brain the next day after waking up if you have a hangover or had a tough day/night the day before.. and it's seemed to help me out a lot too. maybe something to look into.. i'm not sure.

volume 3.3: http://www.vth.biz/product_assets/wakeup/page3.html

all products: http://www.vth.biz/driver/imusic/products

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone this has been a great thread to follow as I'm also in the process of tapering. I'm fortunate that I have enough suboxone to last about 6 months so I'm definitely going to take this slow. I really like rmac's taper schedule and am going to try to follow that. I'm presently down to 2mg a day and have been for a week. I guess my question is the way I'm taking it as I wake up around 7am and usually by 8 I take 1mg. Then I take .50mg at 2pm and the other .50 at 7pm. Is this ok considering my 6 month time line and goal of being off at that point? Thanks for any info..