It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:27 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi FAD,

I just wanted to take some time and welcome you to this site, also. I do understand feeling a little intimidated, I felt the same way when I first got here. Everyone seemed to be so far ahead of me and doing so well in their recovery. I am sure you have noticed by now how many women there are here in their 40's, and that includes me. Saying that, the things you have to say are important as so many of can relate. We are so used to having our DOC to give us that boost of energy to be Superwomen and complete all the dozens of tasks we have a day, including our profession, kids, and everything else.

As Jack said, even offering someone some encouragement when they are first starting or in a situation that you can relate to, is certainly hlpful to that person, and all the lurkers out there that are here reading every day, but are not posting yet. I lurked around here for a long time before I started postin, so you never know who you may be helping.

So, again welcome. I hope you are feeling more comfortable here and will post often. I'm sorry this thread got a little off topic here, and please know that most of the time, everyone gets along and we are one big family here. Please post often and ask any question you are concerned with, and someone will be able to relate.

Take care,
Ginger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:03 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

FAD I'm really sorry, Im not try to steal your thread , but I need to say one more thing.

Cherie, thank you for bringing up those points. I felt extremely intimidated after reading SMF response. Esp coming from a moderator.
I was trying to offer a quick response for someone without trying to take away from their thread (which SMF totally did, sorry but you did, and now we all are). Now if she would have asked me the difference between an MA and a Registered Nurse, that would be different. ALSO, I did NOT say an MA is the same as a Registered nurse. I just said nurse. And really, it doesn't matter. Like I said I was giving her a quick explanation. And then to go one and say that you got many messages from people who saw that and said you should correct me? REALLY? You had to say that? Wow, great job as a moderator. You have made me feel stupid for posting in the ONE place I can come to help my recovery. Thanks a bunch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I just wanted to welcome FAD to the forum. :D

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

O.K. .....Before anybody else posts anything I will ask that we all just STOP and think. All of us (me included) have posted things that have been misconstrued at one time or another, I have at times just plain ol' stuck my foot in my mouth so to speak, said things one day that I think the next "why did I say that?" The problem with a forum is it is in writing. No facial expessions, no way to take it back, and intentions can be misconstrued easily. We all post through our own filters. The way we see things from our own life experiences. It would be boring if we didn't have different views. Some things are more important to some than others.

That said, I think we can all agree that most of us here have only the best intentions. I realize it takes a lot of time to respond to these posts and the above posters are some of the most compassionate, thoughtful, most well meaning people on here. Things get said sometimes and feelings get hurt, people get angry, statements get misconstrued. We all need to cut each other some slack. We all have our days....now post on :)

*Christopher Robin to Pooh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This thread has been modified for content. Please end this discussion and move on, thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Huh? Did we miss something? The last post was well over two weeks ago. As it sits now, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to see "Please end this discussion and move on," because it looks like that's exactly what was happening. I can understand that sometimes things need to be edited or whatever but you might want to at least try to explain because as it sits, it's pretty confusing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:10 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey DONH ~
I forgot about this post.... Not sure why the thread was redirected??? I think it was a computer glitch..... I am still doing really well though and am content. I have been on subs now for 3 months! All I can say is WOW..... I can't believe I have such a great life! I go through tough times, but honestly I think that is what some call life! LOL

Thanks for bringing this back up as I was able to give an update which I probably wouldn't have done. So maybe it was just meant to be! Spooky! Best, FAD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There have been some issues as of late and it required review of the posts and some editing. I apologize if my post about moving on did not make sense, many times threads do not get posts for periods of time- then they do. It was necessary and it was for the benefit of all members. I assure you that if anything is edited it is because it conflicts with the rules of the site. It is our job to diffuse any situation that conflicts with the rules- I hope you understand.