It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Actually, it was 3 years on August 3rd but I totally forgot my quit date and had to look it up :D

In October it will be 5 years since I started Suboxone treatment, 5 years on my recovery journey.

I feel like I should have something totally profound and insightful to say, but I really don't. Maybe something will come to me later.

I do know that this forum, my friends here, and my work as a moderator has been a major factor in my recovery. So thanks to you all for having me, supporting me and giving me an opportunity to give a little bit of love back in return.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

3 years off of Suboxone?? Holy Smokes Batman, that's fan-fucking-tastic!

5 years of recovery.....double Holy Smokes!

Hmmm, I wish you had something marvelous and insightful to say too.....you're kinda letting us all down. :lol:

DoaQ, thank you SOOOOOO much for being you and for sharing your journey, your successes and your wisdom (except for today....no wisdom....bummer) with all of us. I know I have benefited greatly from it all and I know many others have as well!!

Congratulations and Rock On!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Romeo!

It means the world to me to know that I've made a difference in your life. You are someone who I feel I've truly been able to connect with and your friendship is a blessing and a treasure to me. I'm so happy that you're doing well in your life and your recovery :D

-Jack Kornfield

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:55 pm 
Nice to read ya subject. I just copped my first subject . I was goin through all over this forum and I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw your title. 3 years?! Dayyyyuuumm napolean. Thats whats up. Man i ran out my script one time . I was out 11 days. That shit was worse and worse every day. Thank baby Jesus my doc wrote me an emerg. script until the next month. Fuckin got my bottle stolen in walmart parkin lot. Sleepin dogs lie i guess. kEEP up the good work, cuz from what i see in the meetings only the champion winner type people kick this shit. Man, i'm gonna do it some day. But, you the man! Spread love dawg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[marq=right]GREAT JOB[/marq]

Im really awesome, at stating the obvious. :roll:

But anyways, I wanted to say congrats, you are truely a ROCKSTAR.

and honestly, your a real inspiration to ME, and I know to many others. Quiting our drug of choice, seemed impossible at one time, and you know, sometimes it feels like suboxone, COULD be too, but with your story, and SUCESS, it really is an inspiration.

AND THANKYOU, for sticking around, and being able to tell a few people, (ALOT) that it (quiting) CAN be done, and you dont like self-implode or anything, life REALLY does move on!!!!!!!

I really enjoy your posts, and your perspective on things.
Some of what YOU have written, is what finally convinced me to look seriously into the whole meditation thing. Im not great yet, but Im trying.
And, your posts about being able to 'work thru' cravings, Was fantabulous.
Gave me a whole NEW way to battle with the cravings, that DO come once in awhile.

So thanks DOAQ,
We really need ya around here. :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HIGH 5!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi DOAQ, I spend a lot of time on this forum trying to learn whatever I can from every single person on here. I have to say that when I go back and read older threads, yours often stick out to me. They are so well thought out and you, like Amber said, really are an inspiration. I especially enjoyed reading your liquid taper thread, and also the one about meditation.

Congratulations to you on your 5 years!!!! I was wondering if maybe you wouldn't mind sharing a little bit about what it was like five years ago FOR YOU, and what it's like now. I always love to hear about all the positive changes in a persons life. You clearly have a good grip on your recovery and I think many could benefit from hearing this. It's up to you. I don't meant to put you on the sopt! :wink:

Anyway, congratualations again, and thank you for all you do as a moderator on here. We need you guyus to keep this forum running smoothly!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

DoaQ, right back at ya dood!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Aww...you guys are awesome. I love knowing that I've been able to help some of you with my blah blah blahing here on the forum.

I am writing something about what it was like for me 5 years ago compared to now...but it's going to take a minute. It's hard to get back into those memories - they're all kind of abstract now, like I remember that it sucked, but it's not the visceral & intense memory that it once was. So I think it's good for me to reflect on that because I think forgetting where we once were is a big danger to recovery. Obviously you don't want to dwell on it, but it's so easy to smooth the rough edges in our memories and slip into thinking that maybe it wasn't so awful after all. YEAH RIGHT.

So check back here for more ruminations!

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Don't know how I missed this thread,

congrats to DOQ. You can add me to the list of people you've inspired. You've shown us that tapering can work. I went from 8mg to .25mg so far and still going.

Thanks for all you do here as well,

-glen b.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:42 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey diary of a quitter. It's funny cux when I first saw your account name I was a little shocked. I read it as "the diary of a quitter-like the diary of a person who has given up. I don't know why that was my first thought-maybe due to my characteristic of quitting on things after awhile but that's what I thought. However, the more I thought about it I realized its "the diary of a quitter"-someone who quit addiction. Hahaha I'm slow- I know.
Anyways I want to congratulate you on your 3 years. I'm a bit late but I recently joined. Sobriety is one of the hardest endeavors to accomplish in life, especially for addicts. This is partially because there is NO end to the mission. It's a continuous mission we have to battle our entire lives. That being said, to hear of people like you who have been clean for 3 years only sheds light on us who are still early on. That is why I'm making this post-to not only congratulate you, but to thank you too. You see-your sobriety is for you FIRST. But after that your strength even after 20 some odd years allows for people who are trying to stay sober to have hope. Sometimes we need another person with experience to show us our goals are realistic. And sobriety is a real thing that CAN be done.

I'm on day 6 and I am happy. But I cannot be proud yet. 3 years vs 6 days is like comparing a boulder to a pebble. Great job, please keep it up, never give in... You have yourself and your family/friends to let down if you do. You have us on this forum to let down. But most importantly as I stated YOU. I am not trying to put pressure but sometimes we all need more reasons to continue. Let your health, hapinrss, and what I said be reasons for you to keep going. Bravo to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:30 am 
This is the inspiration I came here for ... I gonna look up all your posts religiously, you are my god for the next few days !

I can't believe the selflessness of staying around once you done so well too. One of the reasons sub gets a bad rep I think is cos the people who have success on it stop being involved in these kinda forums. Need more people like you

Respect

Homer