It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I regularly post on several Internet forums, some health-related (for my physical diseases) and others more based on entertainment (music, TV, etc.). Everyone are basically strangers, but I can relate to a lot of people in each forum. But when I come here, I feel there's an inherent common bond we all have that is stronger than anywhere else. For all the things I have in common with people in the other forums, Suboxone is such a huge difference that it makes me feel alienated from them on a certain level.

Anyway, I guess there's no real "point" to this thread, but I just want to acknowledge how awesome it is that it exists, and how great the people are who I've chatted with in here.

Post subject: I agree!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:55 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I will second that notion, however i have never posted on another board/forum. I have learned so much from everyone on here. I dont always agree with every post but Im sure grateful for all opinions. It seems that every question i have had has already been covered or will be shortly. I didnt find this site until i was about 2 months into my suboxone treatment and i felt very isolated, having ditched all my former addict friends. Besides my Dr. only my wife knows that I'm doing this (plus my former dealer who I hope will reconsider trying this very soon) and its good to know there are success stories out there.

Post subject: Re: I agree!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dicespin wrote:
Besides my Dr. only my wife knows that I'm doing this (plus my former dealer who I hope will reconsider trying this very soon) and its good to know there are success stories out there.

Yeah, I'll be hanging out with a lot of my old friends tomorrow, and none of them know what I went through, as I pretty much dropped out of the scene when I got into opiates. I haven't seen most of them since before I took my first roxy. I'm not sure I want to tell anyone because there's no way they would understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I like your thread!! and your post(s)
I feel the same way :wink:

OH, and about what to tell your 'friends'
Ive been THERE too. with me though, its mostly been family, family I havent seen in years, and I feel like WHERE do I even START?? you know?

But the thing Ive learned most the last 15 months is, I cant lie about ANYTHING. I mean, sometimes I tell a fib to my boss about something, like I have plans tonight so I cant work late, LOL
but seriously, for ME, i cant lie to anybody, becuase it feels too much like my addiction taking over. and if I want to stay on this "road" that has given me my life back, well, I cant lie. I just CANT.
I know that probably doesnt help, but not lying doesnt mean you have to go on and on about your addiction, it can mean something different to everyone, but just dont hide it.
Hiding our addiction, FEEDS IT.
does that make sense??
If these are friends your going to be spending any long term amount of time, maybe they should know SOMETHING about it, and if they wouldnt understand, maybe they arent the people you should be around??
I hope Im making sense, and hopefully Im not coming off to pushy, or like trying to TELL you what to do, cuz Im NOT.
Im just trying to tell you what has helped me, imensely.
:wink:
good luck

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

surgerybound for moderator!!!

Word. Suboxforum kicks ass!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hope no one minds me speaking on behalf of the forum. I've been here for a really long while and along with other old-time members and other mods, we've put a lot of time and energy and compassion into this forum. So I have to say it's very gratifying to hear what you all have to say about it. It warms my heart (ha! like you'll ever hear me say that again) to know that what we want for the forum is coming to fruition.

All we want is a warm, welcoming place for recovering addicts on suboxone to feel they have people to receive and give support with.

May I just say, THANK YOU all for your kind words!!! :mrgreen:

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.