It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:10 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I been going through like 8 bundles of dope every 2 days for at least a year.My dealer didn't come through one day 4 days ago,and I felt the withdrawals starting,yes just starting.I think I waited a little less then 10 hours and did a half of sub,it made me wanna puke.I went into the worse precipitated withdrawal you can image,I was contemplating suicide.insane nightmares for the 1 minute I fell asleep,I think,restless leg,extremely lethargic,just wanted to stay in bed but couldnt never so hyper in my life.It must of been to early for sub,that sub scares the shit out of me,I will never take it again,it scares me.I finally got some Xanax yesterday got some sleep with the worse nightmares of my life can't even explain them,my mind was a roller coaster.have not eaten anything in 3 day,feels like today maybe some soup will stay done,the dry heaves was constant,the worse experience of my life.had to be the sub,or something bad cut in the dope.i have 6 subs and they scare me so much,in the garbage.Thanks for reading.I did it,I got rid of my dealers numbers,I am sure he will call soon very sweet,yea for my wallet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:49 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

G-Morning Buddy.. You seem like an intelligent person. I don't understand why you want to throw out the suboxone other than being afraid of precipitated withdrawal due to the use of heroin. Your smart brother. You know what that shit does to your body. The only reason you felt sick, which you probably already know is because the H in your system was obviously at a substantial dose. I don't know much about heroin but I know you completely lose yourself along with anyone you care about. Its sad to see your best friend disappear into this dark void. I used oxy and methadone for 2 Long Years and did a lot of damage to my body. Subs can save your life along with your relationships. Life is a journey, not the beginning to an end. You need to dig deep buddy and find yourself. Whatever's hurting you emotionally whether its an anxiety disorder, or never feeling appreciated you need to make steps to eliminate that disgusting, over bloated irrational fear. If you made it 48 hours without H one sub goes a long way. Maybe you can find a good subox doc in the meantime and get some mild or long term treatment. Its scary to me that you think you'll just become sober overnight. It takes work. You have to want it i guess. good luck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:24 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks for that info.25 years of this feels like it came to an end,I was told to get rid of my dealer number,but couldn't.But I did it yesterday, at least that's one positive step.I don't know how heroin users could wait 12 to 24 hours for sub.I just couldn't wait that long and I paid the price.Please take it from me people,if you think cold turkey I's bad,precipitated withdrawal is 10 fold.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Oiler,

I'm so sorry you went through such a terrible time. I've always heard PW sucks a big one...it seems you had to find out the hard way.

I don't have much to say to your comments about whether you will ever try suboxone again. I have learned better than to try to talk someone into doing something they are dead set on never doing again. But, I hope you understand the reason you had such a hard time isn't the fault of the subs. This is the reason doctors do inductions in office. This is the reason this forum is completely saturated with information about avoiding PW and how to properly time your induction. I know that as addicts we tend to believe we know everything about how to take our drugs. When you get to the point that you feel like death warmed over it is normal procedure for us to take whatever we can find to feel better. But, suboxone can't be used in this way. If you had waited it out and made sure you had a decent COWS score before you took the first sub you wouldn't have felt worse, you would have felt better.

I would hate to see this bad experience turn you away from a life saving medication and the chance at a life that isn't controlled by a dealer. But, I would hate even more for this post to scare away another person in your situation who is desperate for help. I guess this should serve as a warning to others who don't take the induction process of this drug seriously.

Good luck Oiler, I really hope that you make it out this time.

Q

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:16 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thank you,my intension is not to scare anyone away.Subs are great they say,if taken properly.Like you said when withdrawal gets so bad which it was you would take anything to feel better and suboxone doesn't work likes that.What's weird I was in pretty bad withdrawal when I took the sub,but maybe it didn't work because I was so sick I would throw up and not give it time.I got sicker then ever.thanks for the hope.I will be going to a clinic this week to see what they say.I am 50 years old and don't know what a life is without drugs.Addiction is an evil revolving door.Worst sickness In the world,I hope this is it,I pray to god.

Last edited by oiler1995 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:58 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Someone I told what happened to me said I should of taken 16mg of sub,scary to do,don't want to experience the last 3 days,very confused and scared.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You are absolutely right Oiler, it is scary. From what I've heard and seen here on this forum, switching from H is not the easiest thing to do. You have to give it alot of time for the H to clear from your receptors before taking the first dose, and then be prepared to take enough to really saturate your receptors with the buprenorphine before you start to feel any better. It isn't nearly as easy as coming from an oxy habit, or any other type of shorter acting opiate.

The thing to remember is that even though it's not going to be easy to go through that initial WD to get yourself ready to induce, once you get stable your entire life will change. I guess you just have to get to the point that you are so desperate to get your life back that you are willing to go through whatever hell is necessary for a couple of days for the chance to get better. And I promise, even though it doesn't feel like it, the suboxone WILL eventually push all of the H out of your stystem and make you feel normal again. It just takes time.

I sincerely hope that you get into that clinic this week and find a way to make it work for you.

Just as another idea...One of our other Moderators (TinyDancer) has said that she tried a few times to induce straight from H to Subs and was not able to make the switch. I believe that she found it easier to stableize on methadone for a period of time and then switched to suboxone later. You might consider that if you just can't make the switch to suboxone. Whatever you choose to do, the most important thing is getting off the H.

Please keep us updated, I'm pulling for you friend!

Q

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:30 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

The best thing is getting off H,like you said.Thats the bottom line period,no matter how.Yesterday the precipitated withdrawel was uncomprehendable.like you said it was really the subs fault,doing 8 bags of H every 2 days someone here said I had to be saturated with H.Your right its my fault not the sub,the problem was I might of needed 24 to 36 hours for the H to fully leave.And the addict I am tried just a tiny bit of sub,and thought about hanging myself in my garage.The thought was so vivid,I just couldn't handle the mental and physically precipitated withdrawel anymore.I feel much better today,I guess from the Xanax and I had some Kaiden's.The insomnia is the worse,all us opiate addicts know that takes a lot of time to sleep again.Please people don't let me scare you away from subs it's a miracle for most,just count your last hour of opiate use,and please make sure your at a minimum of 24 hours to be safe.If I did that,I wouldn't be post that suicide was a vivid thought.I need my life back even though I don't know life because I been using for 30 years.We can all do this and thank you everyone for this support,You's are great.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:15 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Good news my friend gave me subs,I had plenty of hours off H.It worked!!!!!!!!!!!Still don't feel great but what a relief,I will see if I can wean slowly on them,don't want to be on them long term.thank you people

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:09 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

No no no! Don't throw the sub away! Some of us would flip for it cause we have needed it before and couldn't afford it or something! So realize you're blessed and dig it outta tha trash bro!

Sub is a lifesaver buddy. And if you will wait out your withdrawals long enough and then dose yourself on sub you'd feel like a million bucks, trust me. It can be hell I know but that's the only way. I went thru that hell while pregnant and I made it without taking drugs...

So you can do it too!

I hope things work out for you and I hope you take that step to get clean and don't turn back. Because this damned disease is life or dead and it wants us all dead. And I'm worried for you and the place you're in. My heart goes out to you and your terrible situation. If ya need to chat for some support give me a holla.

Take care
Lots of love
Kady

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:29 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

mentally shot still,very depressed,constant crying and still very lethargic.My god hopefully these Withdrawels will fade soon,doing cold turkey,just xanax to put me out,and that don't really help,so disgusted.I can't let my family know about the heavy run I just ended,it will destroy them again,like I been fuckin doing for the past 30 years.I need to stop the bleeding,can't take it no more.All I can do is get through each day the best possible way,until these withdrawel end which I know can last a long long time,Done it many time,just to do it again.The biggest symptom right know very low energy,where it a major project to just to tie my shoes,very lazy and lethargic.thanks,Billy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Billy,

Don't let this get you down brother. I can sooooo relate to not wanting your family to find out about the latest relapse, not wanting to disappoint them yet again. Don't dwell on your failures, look toward the future! You have to do something to keep yourself from going back down this road again. What is that something for you?

Have you given any more thought to getting into a treatment program with suboxone?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:56 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I barely have the energy to write I will keep it short. I can't go on Suboxone program, my family will find out about that relapse. I will just have to rough it out and go with the flow one day at a time. I need to stop this Xanax two to try to help me sleep because now will get addicted to that now too. Going through withdrawal, is it normal to be very emotional and crying a lot also, not capable of writing no more right now thank you,Billy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oiler

I am new to suboxone but i wanted to share my experience with you. For some people it seems sub is almost an immediate miracle drug, meaning they feel ok after the first dose. I had NO serious withdrawals but i did't feel really human for about a week. I did cry alot, had some cravings & that deep leg ache/pain. I also passed a kidney stone 6 days after starting sub.

All I can say is I am glad i stuck with the sub & rode out the uncomfortable emotional & physical feelings. I have been on 4 months now & initially wanted to do a "detox taper" but realized i had many habits/routines/issues that i needed to take care of before i tapered off. I need some time for emotional recovery.

Give it some time & you should be ok.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:55 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Still going crazy.the insomnia is extremely severe,I have Xanax on hand and 4 milligrams 2 sticks,don't even help.Still very depressed confused and very lethargic,a hassle even getting dressed.i did sleep I think 2 hours.so all I can do is rough it out,and I think I should stop the Xanax.right now these withdrawals feel like they will stay forever,my god I cant function properly.thank

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If this hurts feelings Im sorry but I have to be blunt. I have been seeing a phrase on this forum repeated quite frequently that is really starting to irritate me. What Im speaking of is the falsehood that "inducting from Heroin onto suboxone/subutex" is soooooooooo much harder than other opiates/opioids. Well I'm just gonna go ahead and pull away the curtain and call it for the bullshit that it is. Buprenorphine treatment (just like methadone) was put into place to help Heroin addicts first and foremost, yes its for pill users too but heroin was the main concern . Inducting from heroin onto bupe is actually very easy (unless a person is an idiot and can't hanlde a few hours of discomfort waiting till the proper time to dose in exchange for a lifetime of freedom. Inducting from poppy pod tea or methadone or any other long acting opiate is where avoiding PWD can be very tricky, going from heroin to sub is uncomfortable yes (for like 36 hours) but if you wait that long your withdrawal will melt away just as the pill under your tongue. I don't mean to come off as brash on this site all the time I just don't like to sugarcoat things and its annoying as hell to always see these "My habit is to big and bad for subs, you guys have no idea how bad my addiction is" type attidude