It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Music is one of my favorite things. Music has the power to bring you to tears, to turn a bad day around, to help you cope with things. ive notice while reading through these threads that when people are detoxing they seem to totally rediscover music again, and it seems to help alot of people. so i was thinking it would be fun if members shared some songs or lyrics they can relate too. it dosent have to be from detoxing or it could be. it dosent have to be about anyrhing specfic, just whatever you like really. you can describe how its helped you or why you like it or you dont have to. i hope others will share what music or lyrics they really like.

Ill start with one of my favorite songs "plush" by stone temple pilots. The song gets me really amped up and i get so excited when i hear that first guitar riff come across the radio.

Lyrics
and i feel
that times a wasted go
so where you goin till tomorrow
and i see
that these are lies to come
But would you even care

one song i can partially relate to is "beautiful disaster" by 311
specfic lyric "i know a drugstore cowgirl, so afraid of getting bored. shes always running from something, so many things ignored."
i really do feel for me that i fear bordom because that is one of my many triggers, and i suppose i do try to avoid problems instead of facing them head on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BeautifulDisaster,

It's about time we had a Stone Temple Pilots fan here!!! On the first night of my wd, I had the good fortune of recording STP Live in Chicago 2010. Scott Weiland, their lead singer and recovering heroin addict, looked and sounded fantastic!!! I used that video to keep me sane 1 hour at a time through those sleepless nights. I watched it over and over and over again.

Plush is one of my favorite songs by STP. I get totally amped up when I hear it, too.

Here's a link to the Live in Chicago 2010 video, Plush starts at 22:35.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrL6BhwkckI

The lyrics from their song Big Empty that say, "too much trippin' and my soul's worn thin" have always stuck out to me.

Post subject: Moved
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:51 pm 

Hi BD,

Thanks for posting an uplifting thread. It was posted in the wrong category so I moved it.

R62

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:13 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lol sry i posted in wrong section. I didnt even know that this section existed! I stumbled upon this whole place while looking up "methods and tips for stopping suboxone" and found the stopping suboxone forum on here so ive been spending aloy of time there. But upon looking i see thats alot of different sections i should check out.

Romeo, i really want to check out that video you posted, granted my phone will co op. I lost my internet, so thats all i have. I dont have and iphone or anything just a regular ass straighttalk 3g smartphone from wally world. so sometimes it takes forever for shit to load. hell, sometimes its a challange to even post a reply on here. takes me 20 mins to type with theres lil touchscreen keys and then once ive completed i get that message "sry you must log in bwfore posting reply" lol, frusturating. but i think i aolved that problem by clicking automattically log me in each visit. i hope so cuz i dont wanna type this again!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Velvet Revolver---Fall To Pieces

Velvet Revolver---The Last Fight

Ugh, that sucks that you have to post using your phone, especially the part about it saying you have to log on before you post.....after you've already typed your response!! If it were me, I'd probably launch that phone into outer space courtesy of my foot!!! LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Romeo- hahaha lmao. I have chucked it a few times, luckilly i havent broke it. But i think ive fixed the problem with writing messages at least. Cant wait to get internet turmed back on so i can use my laptop.

Today i was jamming out to papa roaches "last resort". Kinda graphic, talks about suicide, and self mutalation. But for some reason it makes me feel so much better to just belt it out when im driving " losing my sight, losing my mind. wish somebody would tell me im fine.

Also like godsmack "whatever" really loud in my car. makes me wanna speed though for some reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh Yeah, love me some Papa Roach, too!!! Last Resort is a great song, I like Kick In The Teeth a lot as well.

Kick In The Teeth says, "You're setting me free with one more kick in the teeth...", the more brutal my wd got, the more free I was of my addiction. I wish I understood that during my wd, but hey, better late than never, right? :D

Godsmack are rockin', too!!! Have you heard their remake of Rocky Mountain Way......Holy....Crap....they nailed it!!! If you can play it through your car stereo so you get some bass going, you'll be doing 90mph before you know it!!! LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just fell back in love with the song headstrong, cant recall the name of the band. But awesome, empowering song!!!! I cant believe i had forgotten about it.

Also love the bass in " du hast" by ramstein(sp)

Romeo- i love rocky mountain way! Ill def check out kick in the teeth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi BD,
Thanks for making music thread and yes music is fun for me. Music improves your mood, sooth stress and prevent from major health problems like high blood pressure, stress, obesity, heart disease and certain types of cancer.

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
561 - 444 - 7751

Last edited by Wylies on Tue May 06, 2014 8:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I made one with video links a few weeks ago but got nothing...so I figured nobody cared to do it. It's here somewhere.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

songs-t9206.html

I have a hard time with music right now...almost every song I listen to from a certain era causes me to almost cry...memories come flooding back..There's an empty feeling and a hole, I'll never find peace or be content with my brother and that situation. It still hurts like it was yesterday and it's been almost 3 weeks.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:07 pm 

Please, Jonathan, be kind and patient with yourself. Your grief is still fresh. I'm sure it's going to take a while for you to feel the pain a little more dully.

My mom's been gone over 11 years. I remember the days and weeks after her death. It felt like I couldn't find any happiness. I'm usually an upbeat person with a generally pleasant disposition. I remember driving one day a few weeks later, and I noticed that my face was absolutely flat, sad, no smile. Smiling felt like such an effort. It's going to be like that for you for a while.

I want to caution you about a couple of things if they happen to crop up. Don't let anyone tell you how you should be grieving. My sister was upset with me for not crying enough. (How she could tell that all the way from Connecticut I don't know.) Don't let any of your family make you feel bad for not grieving the same way as you. On the flip side, don't be too hard on anyone else if they don't seem to be grieving enough or as much as you.

You probably don't need my coaching, but I want to let you know that I understand the emptiness, the guilt, the feeling that you'll never be really happy again. It does take a while and the pain will never go away, but your heart eventually makes room for it.

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

"Still Remains" by STP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

All your sea sick sailors, they are rowing home
Your empty handed army is all going home
Your lover who just walked out the door
Has taken all his blankets from the floor